Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Most you’ve ever lost in the stock market

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
Lost 2k I didn’t have in law school back in 2017 on a stock called TOPS. It had a 1400% outstanding short ratio and I didn’t have Wall Street bets to pop the bubble. 4 years later my 2500 shares were reversed down to 2 haha. At least I know I was right, it was possible

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Me and several friends lost several thousand between us to a pyramid scheme in college called 12 Daily Pro.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Did the drew brees sponsorship pull you in?

Actually no. I never did advocare. Had a cousin that did and lost his ass, and was convinced it wasn’t a churched up version of tang the whole time.

I lost like $500 bucks in a ponzi scheme for some travel sales. Which I guess is even worse than advocare. I don’t even remember the name of the company.

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
I remember sometime last March or so my 401k dropped like 400k in a few days. I was slightly annoyed...

You can only control what you can control and I’m still mad at myself for not moving it to the money market the previous day(s).

It’s since rebounded and grown so No Fucks Given.

You wins some you lose some. What’s important is that your kids love you and your grandma is proud of you.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I don't remember the stock but it built scrubbers for coal power plants smoke stacks. They got a huge contract in China and I was happy. China stole their tech after they installed the first one then kicked them out of the country and the stock went to shit. It wasn't the biggest $ loss but the % drop was insane. Just horrible timing all around and they basically went out of business.

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
Not a real loss but had 350k vested in Ariba in 2000 going into a blackout period. Was underwater when it came out. Should have shorted. Sold it all for about 20k at some point.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Biggest loss was in 2001 when I went all in on Cisco. Only lost like 2k cause I was young and didn't have any money.
Biggest miss was Apple in 05. Sold my house and had $150k in profit to buy a new place. Was gonna rent for a couple years then buy. Wife bought me an iPod and my computer was too slow to hook up so I bought an iMac. Was thrilled with the tech and wanted to put all oc my money in AAPL. Spoke with my dad and my financial guy and they talked me out of it. If I did that I could have pulled my initial investment out and bought my house and I would still have about $12 million.

y2kcane

Poster
Founder
Lost 2k I didn’t have in law school back in 2017 on a stock called TOPS. It had a 1400% outstanding short ratio and I didn’t have Wall Street bets to pop the bubble. 4 years later my 2500 shares were reversed down to 2 haha. At least I know I was right, it was possible

Hahahaha TOPS, same here
Lost about 3 1/2k when my buy was set for market open instead of immediate. Went up about $1 overnight. Then after the reverses and no rebound the next November it was a lost cause (which it always was)

RaleighTiger

Poster
Founder
Will let you know next week. Put the kid's college fund into BCRX. Those reddit tards are either gonna make me rich or broke.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Had a buddy who started a tech company back then. Him and his partners were millionaires on paper for awhile. He now runs a snowplow business outside of Denver. Yes, we call him Mr. Plow.

That name again is Mr. Plow.
ErvyJ-.gif

need to fix this with "plow on ole boy".

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
When I was young and dumb, I bought $5k worth of a penny stock (SNDY). Was supposed to be a big hit so I was sure I was gonna be rich.

As of today my $5k is now worth about $4...not $4k...just 4 US Dollars.

The stock is not even called SNDY anymore...now it’s called CYDX...don’t know what happened and don’t even care anymore.

Learned a hard lesson about staying in my lane.

Quatch$

Elite
Just realized our local weather gal’s name... Go ahead and guess her email address. Coincidence... I think not.

031BA7D2-9567-4CA8-AD39-E1AC00495F41.jpeg
Edit* she could also be thrown into a Sunday night reds convo.

Top Bottom