Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morning Crew

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Got the kids off to school. One of them has to stay home and e-learn due to threat of Coronoa contact from a classmate in her cohort. Already emailed the school and asked how long we are going to continue this charade?

Market down slightly (SPUZ -9 pts). Not looking for much in the market today. Its been on fire lately, so I expect it to continue or linger around unchanged until i have reason to change that thought. Everything is sky high except some of the growth stocks have been put back down to size. Looking to rotate some money out of indexes, which are closing at all time highs daily, and rotate it into some other sectors. Some value and some growth.

Really like KO over the next year or so as a value play (hate their politics but I dont let that get in the way of making money. If I make the money then i can use it as i see fit, against them if i so choose). It has not kept up with the broader market rally because lack of sales due to no concerts etc. But KO is an incredibly well managed company and they should benefit from the economic reopening. I see it as more limited downside with the potential to gain some back against the broader market as society re-opens.

Growth stocks i like here this morning today are JMIA and ADPT. Both are high growth and risky plays. JMIA is a German firm that focuses on african e-commerce. Like to buy the stock in the low $30's and looking to sell mid $40's. The timeline on those trades would be more days or weeks. If it hasn't worked out in that timeframe then I would probably dump them and go back to the index fund. ADPT is an immune system biotech. Its the new age of medicine and if it works and is adopted this stock will be through the roof in 2-3 years. BUT they still have a LOT of work to do and there is no guarantee the science will be able to be turned into profits. Im a buyer high 30's to low 40's and seller in the mid 50's

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Checking in. My neck hurts from sleeping weird - I really need to see a doctor about this. About to brew a pot of coffee and dig in to the day.

A couple more days of telework for me and then I’m gonna be back in the office for good - will be nice to get back to some normalcy.

I haven’t done much digging into individual stocks lately, I’ve been super busy with other things. I’ve worked on the macro aspects of my portfolio though. I’m prob 60% stock 40% bonds which I consider very conservative for me. I hate being in bonds right now with rates like they are, but I just want a solid percentage out of stocks in case the bubble pops so I can capitalize.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Day 3 of disney here. My hips are a little tight but other than that I’m good. Hitting up Hollywood studios today. Excited for Star Wars. Already got 1 “mask up” for the day and haven’t even left the resort.

Do they do something like "if we have to tell you to mask up more than 3 times, you must go sit in the corner time out for 5 minutes"?

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Day 3 of disney here. My hips are a little tight but other than that I’m good. Hitting up Hollywood studios today. Excited for Star Wars. Already got 1 “mask up” for the day and haven’t even left the resort.

Rock N Roll roller coaster has a single rider option if you and your fam don't mind riding with someone else. You can breeze through the line.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Checking in. My neck hurts from sleeping weird - I really need to see a doctor about this. About to brew a pot of coffee and dig in to the day.

A couple more days of telework for me and then I’m gonna be back in the office for good - will be nice to get back to some normalcy.

I haven’t done much digging into individual stocks lately, I’ve been super busy with other things. I’ve worked on the macro aspects of my portfolio though. I’m prob 60% stock 40% bonds which I consider very conservative for me. I hate being in bonds right now with rates like they are, but I just want a solid percentage out of stocks in case the bubble pops so I can capitalize.

Neck pain is the absolute worst. A bad crick in the neck is the worst pain i have ever felt. I figured out a large part of my problem was pillows that were too soft. I needed a pillow that was firm and gives my neck support. I ponied up for some $80 pillow a while back and it has helped me out tremendously.

When i go to a hotel and all they have are those soft cushy pillows that don't give you any support, I know I am in trouble.

Funny side note is that my 7 year old got off the school bus the other day with a crick in his neck. Didn't think kids that young could get them.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
I'm going into my 49th year, and I know shit about stocks. I really need to step up my game, retirements looming big time.

So, probably 6 weeks from owning my current employer. Finally got a contract worked out (no money down, that's the way to do it), and in 5 years or less it will be paid off outright. Current owner is financing the deal. Business is established (over 30 years), and current sales are up about 30% from 2019 sales. It should work out to be a tremendous deal. I've ran the company for 4 years now, and we've experienced significant growth since I took over (humble brag). Expansion is our next big endeavor.

Also probably less than a month from having my first rental/flip done. Buddy and I partnered on it. Bought it in the west end of Louisville (hence the nickname "Hood House") to either rent or Section 8. But, I really think my partner's thinking about buying it for a live-in. He's from Connecticut, and grew up in the hood, so he's used to that type of area. I think he fell in love with it. Too much riff raff for my liking. I'll take my country living.

I am proud of what we've accomplished. Ended up being a full-gut rehab. Down to trim work and getting the plumbing/electrical/HVAC finished and inspected.

And, I'd rather nail my dick to the side of a moving bus than go to Disney anything. Sounds miserable. But, I'm a fat so I'd just spend the day getting sweaty and shamed.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Do they do something like "if we have to tell you to mask up more than 3 times, you must go sit in the corner time out for 5 minutes"?
No but they do have signs everywhere saying that if you don’t comply you’ll be asked to leave. Day one, we counted 13 times that we were gotten on to.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

I feel you on the back pain. Fucking sucks. Had a C4-5 disc replacement a few years back. Mostly good now, but having an issue at the moment. It was killing me at work last night, so had a friend write me a script for muscle relaxer & steroid...chilling and smoking some grand daddy purp atm, heading to cvs shortly. Medicating naturally AND pharmaceutically today.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Neck pain is the absolute worst. A bad crick in the neck is the worst pain i have ever felt. I figured out a large part of my problem was pillows that were too soft. I needed a pillow that was firm and gives my neck support. I ponied up for some $80 pillow a while back and it has helped me out tremendously.

When i go to a hotel and all they have are those soft cushy pillows that don't give you any support, I know I am in trouble.

Funny side note is that my 7 year old got off the school bus the other day with a crick in his neck. Didn't think kids that young could get them.
I’ve got three different kinds of pillows on my bed that I swap through throughout the night to relieve the pressure. I think it started with a partially torn labrum that I never got corrected and led me to sleeping weird to keep my shoulder comfortable.

What pillows do you use? I’d like to check em out.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I feel you on the back pain. Fucking sucks. Had a C4-5 disc replacement a few years back. Mostly good now, but having an issue at the moment. It was killing me at work last night, so had a friend write me a script for muscle relaxer & steroid...chilling and smoking some grand daddy purp atm, heading to cvs shortly. Medicating naturally AND pharmaceutically today.
Pain is what wakes me up most mornings. I’ve been meaning to start working with a doctor on it for years, but more important stuff keeps coming up

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I'm going into my 49th year, and I know shit about stocks. I really need to step up my game, retirements looming big time.

So, probably 6 weeks from owning my current employer. Finally got a contract worked out (no money down, that's the way to do it), and in 5 years or less it will be paid off outright. Current owner is financing the deal. Business is established (over 30 years), and current sales are up about 30% from 2019 sales. It should work out to be a tremendous deal. I've ran the company for 4 years now, and we've experienced significant growth since I took over (humble brag). Expansion is our next big endeavor.

Also probably less than a month from having my first rental/flip done. Buddy and I partnered on it. Bought it in the west end of Louisville (hence the nickname "Hood House") to either rent or Section 8. But, I really think my partner's thinking about buying it for a live-in. He's from Connecticut, and grew up in the hood, so he's used to that type of area. I think he fell in love with it. Too much riff raff for my liking. I'll take my country living.

I am proud of what we've accomplished. Ended up being a full-gut rehab. Down to trim work and getting the plumbing/electrical/HVAC finished and inspected.

And, I'd rather nail my dick to the side of a moving bus than go to Disney anything. Sounds miserable. But, I'm a fat so I'd just spend the day getting sweaty and shamed.

What line of business is your company in? Good luck. Sounds like fun, and I mean that seriously. I always like a good challenge.

As for stocks, you really cant go wrong with some index funds which are pretty easy. They are like set it and forget it. Like anything else, you wouldn't want to jump all in here at the all time highs, but its nice to get started investing as time is your best friend.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I’ve got three different kinds of pillows on my bed that I swap through throughout the night to relieve the pressure. I think it started with a partially torn labrum that I never got corrected and led me to sleeping weird to keep my shoulder comfortable.

What pillows do you use? I’d like to check em out.

Like you, I use a bunch of pillows throughout the night. ha

The main one i use is a tempurpedic memory foam pillow that is firm. Im a side sleeper, so i try to keep my back head and neck level. Not on purpose, but that is what ends up happening. That and i usually sleep with a pillow under my knees, helps my back.

Combined with copious amounts of marijuana I sleep like a baby.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Like you, I use a bunch of pillows throughout the night. ha

The main one i use is a tempurpedic memory foam pillow that is firm. Im a side sleeper, so i try to keep my back head and neck level. Not on purpose, but that is what ends up happening. That and i usually sleep with a pillow under my knees, helps my back.

Combined with copious amounts of marijuana I sleep like a baby.
Yep I’ve got one of those, a mypillow and some other orthopedic pillow. I’ve gotta stay away from the performance enhancing stuff because I have zero self control when it comes to that

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Try rolling a towel up and putting it at the base of your skull where it meet neck.
Ive had neck and back surgery and this trick helps a ton. Make sure you are drinking water and do a shot of pickle juice before bed too. Sounds weird but it all works.

Got up at 430am. Took the coonhound for a walk. Got to work before 6am. Have a shitload of rebar and steel to fab. Im wide open. So busy I cannot drink at night and feel like shit bc i have to bust ass. Good problems.

@ChicagoFats. How would a novice get 5k or so in the market? I've always done funds never specific stocks. I have a bit of slush cash now and would like to grow it

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Try rolling a towel up and putting it at the base of your skull where it meet neck.
Ive had neck and back surgery and this trick helps a ton. Make sure you are drinking water and do a shot of pickle juice before bed too. Sounds weird but it all works.

Got up at 430am. Took the coonhound for a walk. Got to work before 6am. Have a shitload of rebar and steel to fab. Im wide open. So busy I cannot drink at night and feel like shit bc i have to bust ass. Good problems.

@ChicagoFats. How would a novice get 5k or so in the market? I've always done funds never specific stocks. I have a bit of slush cash now and would like to grow it
Start by setting up a Roth IRA. If you need help, post a thread and I’m sure many will help you

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Good morning.

I was looking at housing prices last night in my area, and holy crap might be time get after those bathrooms remodeled to get this thing on the market.

We bought at ~75/ft & they are going for ~150.
Depending on where you are it is hot.
Myrtle beach and charleston are skyrocketing. The problem is buying a place after you sell your own

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Pain is what wakes me up most mornings. I’ve been meaning to start working with a doctor on it for years, but more important stuff keeps coming up

That sucks, man. Chronic back pain is fucking brutal. You really owe it to yourself to get that checked out, if it wakes you up. Probably will need an MRI to see what's going on, if it isn't skeletal...but if it regularly wakes you up from your sleep, that is going to catch up to you.

My pain always felt like I had just slept funny & had a knot under my shoulder blade. It would go away, so I'd not go to the doctor, but then a few months later it'd come back. This went on for years, mostly feeling fine. Did actually see a doctor once, but he only did an x-ray so couldn't have seen a herniated disc. I didn't push for MRI, because the pain wasn't THAT bad & they aren't cheap...but then the pain got that bad, and worse. It spread, got more severe, and just never let up. I'd wake up nearly in tears, after only 4-5 hours of drugged sleep most nights, feeling like my entire arm had been smashed with a hammer. Months of that without a break just absolutely wore me down. I did have some relief from epidural steroid injections, but in the end needed a new disc. Mostly good now, 7 years later, but do have rare little spells where it flares up & bothers me.

Here is a crappy pic of my MRI. What is plain as day on there, was invisible to an X-ray.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
That sucks, man. Chronic back pain is fucking brutal. You really owe it to yourself to get that checked out, if it wakes you up. Probably will need an MRI to see what's going on, if it isn't skeletal...but if it regularly wakes you up from your sleep, that is going to catch up to you.

My pain always felt like I had just slept funny & had a knot under my shoulder blade. It would go away, so I'd not go to the doctor, but then a few months later it'd come back. This went on for years, mostly feeling fine. Did actually see a doctor once, but he only did an x-ray so couldn't have seen a herniated disc. I didn't push for MRI, because the pain wasn't THAT bad & they aren't cheap...but then the pain got that bad, and worse. It spread, got more severe, and just never let up. I'd wake up nearly in tears, after only 4-5 hours of drugged sleep most nights, feeling like my entire arm had been smashed with a hammer. Months of that without a break just absolutely wore me down. I did have some relief from epidural steroid injections, but in the end needed a new disc. Mostly good now, 7 years later, but do have rare little spells where it flares up & bothers me.

Here is a crappy pic of my MRI. What is plain as day on there, was invisible to an X-ray.
Thanks man. I’ve got an appt with my GP in a week or so about my BP so I’m gonna take the opportunity to get a referral. Prob need a psych referral too while I’m at it lol

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Thanks man. I’ve got an appt with my GP in a week or so about my BP so I’m gonna take the opportunity to get a referral. Prob need a psych referral too while I’m at it lol

Do it. It was a process, they'll start with an X-ray, but you shouldn't have trouble getting an MRI if you want one, & the X-ray doesn't show the problem. Good luck with all of it! Alot of back problems can be solved much easier than you'd think, these days. Even my surgery was outpatient, and relief was instant.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Got the kids off to school. One of them has to stay home and e-learn due to threat of Coronoa contact from a classmate in her cohort. Already emailed the school and asked how long we are going to continue this charade?

Market down slightly (SPUZ -9 pts). Not looking for much in the market today. Its been on fire lately, so I expect it to continue or linger around unchanged until i have reason to change that thought. Everything is sky high except some of the growth stocks have been put back down to size. Looking to rotate some money out of indexes, which are closing at all time highs daily, and rotate it into some other sectors. Some value and some growth.

Really like KO over the next year or so as a value play (hate their politics but I dont let that get in the way of making money. If I make the money then i can use it as i see fit, against them if i so choose). It has not kept up with the broader market rally because lack of sales due to no concerts etc. But KO is an incredibly well managed company and they should benefit from the economic reopening. I see it as more limited downside with the potential to gain some back against the broader market as society re-opens.

Growth stocks i like here this morning today are JMIA and ADPT. Both are high growth and risky plays. JMIA is a German firm that focuses on african e-commerce. Like to buy the stock in the low $30's and looking to sell mid $40's. The timeline on those trades would be more days or weeks. If it hasn't worked out in that timeframe then I would probably dump them and go back to the index fund. ADPT is an immune system biotech. Its the new age of medicine and if it works and is adopted this stock will be through the roof in 2-3 years. BUT they still have a LOT of work to do and there is no guarantee the science will be able to be turned into profits. Im a buyer high 30's to low 40's and seller in the mid 50's
I'm gonna need you to do one of these every morning. Excellent post and info!

Congrats man!

Sounds like your new business could be a large part of your retirement plan?

I'll be looking forward to my offer of employment 😎

Also

Got off to a late start this morning due to sleeping without back and shoulder pain for once. Got the vehicle packed with the first batch of stuff for continuing the move then dropped the wife off at the dentist to have her root canals. She cracked a couple teeth in her sleep stressing about starting treatment at the end of the month and nobody had recommended a mouth guard until we were in for 3k in root canals across multiple teeth 🙄

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
What line of business is your company in? Good luck. Sounds like fun, and I mean that seriously. I always like a good challenge.

As for stocks, you really cant go wrong with some index funds which are pretty easy. They are like set it and forget it. Like anything else, you wouldn't want to jump all in here at the all time highs, but its nice to get started investing as time is your best friend.
Wholesale beauty supplies of all things. Current owner is an old family friend that had too much on her plate and was drowning. I came on, from my perspective, to help her get the ship righted. I was then gonna go on to something else. But, damned if I'm not good at this.

I'm gonna need you to do one of these every morning. Excellent post and info!

Congrats man!

Sounds like your new business could be a large part of your retirement plan?

I'll be looking forward to my offer of employment 😎

Also

Got off to a late start this morning due to sleeping without back and shoulder pain for once. Got the vehicle packed with the first batch of stuff for continuing the move then dropped the wife off at the dentist to have her root canals. She cracked a couple teeth in her sleep stressing about starting treatment at the end of the month and nobody had recommended a mouth guard until we were in for 3k in root canals across multiple teeth 🙄

I've seen you post history...you're online way too much for my liking. 🤣

AgEngDawg

Legendary
  1. Got up at 5 AM.
  2. Brushed teeth.
  3. Got gym chlothes on.
  4. 5:30 AM in the gym.
  5. Worked back muscles hard - multiple row pull up combos plus 3 different forms of curls.
  6. 6:30 AM workout over.
  7. Shower and leave gym by 6:50 AM.
  8. Get Dunkin extra large coffee.
  9. At work by 7:30 AM.
  10. Add two scoops of protein to Dunkin coffee.
  11. MAGA all day..... but hungry for lunch.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Depending on where you are it is hot.
Myrtle beach and charleston are skyrocketing. The problem is buying a place after you sell your own

Yes, don't make the move now.

I am trying to convince my wife to sell our suburban (Cobb County, GA) home at a huge profit and buy in the outer edges of exburban to almost rural. That is the only exception I would make.

However, she grew up in Cobb here and likes it.

I grew up in on thee poorest counties in the country in south Georgia. I want to go back to living in the sticks.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Wholesale beauty supplies of all things. Current owner is an old family friend that had too much on her plate and was drowning. I came on, from my perspective, to help her get the ship righted. I was then gonna go on to something else. But, damned if I'm not good at this.

I've seen you post history...you're online way too much for my liking. 🤣
That's awesome! No shame is being good at something and making money from it 😎

Haha yeah I'm not cut out for sales anymore. The Wuhan Charlie has me too jaded.

Top Bottom