Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Messed up morning....

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I was so pissed off at work the past few weeks that I started looking for a job and got emotionally invested in it.

Quit working late, quit trying.

Set up a meeting today at lunch with another firm. Said I am going to the "dermotologist" appointment. I know, I lied.

Got called in this morning to the boss and told I am getting a raise.

FUCK!!! I was emotionally invested in leaving, now I am all messed up.

Plus I have to go to a meeting today at lunch with another firm and my head is all messed up. FUCK!!!

I will probably come off like a retard at the meeting.

Last edited:

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I was so pissed off at work the past few weeks that I started looking for a job and got emotionally invested in it.

Set up a meeting today at lunch with another firm. Said I am going to the Drs. appointment. I know, I lied.

Plus I have to go to a meeting today at lunch with another firm and my head is all messed up. FUCK!!!

Good enough raise to stick around?

Taggart

Elite
Founder

Set up a meeting today at lunch with another firm. Said I am going to the Drs. appointment. I know, I lied.

If you're that frustrated with your job, the raise will only appease you for a few weeks until you get frustrated again and want to resume job searching. Same thing happened to me.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder

Sometimes there are just days like this where your head gets all backwards. Just relax and be grateful about the raise.

Also be proud that you are a 5 forum poster on tMF

Alpha_Cock

A Real A Hole
Founder
I think you'll figure out that money isn't necessarily the driver for what company you work for. The pay comes from marketable rate for your position and if you are any good. The work environment is more important. Is your boss an ahole? Does your team work well together? Do you get decent benefits? Have you invested yourself in the culture of the place? Are you going anywhere with the company? Do you care anymore?

denn

Legendary
Founder

Set up a meeting today at lunch with another firm. Said I am going to the "dermotologist" appointment. I know, I lied.

A couple of questions for you here;

Were you happy before this last period of being frustrated at your current job?

Is the raise enough to push the needle enough to have to start again?

AgEngDawg

Legendary
A couple of questions for you here;

Were you happy before this last period of being frustrated at your current job?

Is the raise enough to push the needle enough to have to start again?

Yes, I was happy before the current period.

Yes, I do think so.

However, I used one of my valued contacts at this other firm and do not want to burn him. He was a guy that I went to college with.

I still have to go to the meeting. It is messed up.

120north

Elite
Founder
You are in control in this situation. You have two firms who want you to work for them and are willing to pay you more money than you are making now. Take the emotion out of it for now when working on the deals. Bring emotion in when you are ready to make a decision. It is just business. Good talent is hard to find right now and it is going to demand a premium.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Hard to leave a place like this though. I don't have to go through critical race training and I have this painting on my wall. This isn't an actual picture of it, but I have same one just much bigger on my wall.

Don't think that would fly at most places now. I have yet to be confronted about my white priviledge at work, so my current firm has that going for them. I have not been asked to apologize for how I was born yet.

1619707982010.png

Last edited:

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I also have a painting of the Great General Robert E. Lee along on his official US stamp that was issued.

The stamp was issued by the US federal government back before the woke, so I think I am good.

I will blame the federal government if anyone ever calls me out on that painting. I will say well they issued the stamp.

Last edited:

denn

Legendary
Founder
Yes, I was happy before the current period.

Yes, I do think so.

However, I used one of my valued contacts at this other firm and do not want to burn him. He was a guy that I went to college with.

I still have to go to the meeting. It is messed up.
Go to the meeting for sure. Among other things, it gives you and out with your friend. You can always tell him that you listened and decided that it just wasn't for you. If he is a true friend, he will get it.

Good luck in your decision, but do not do it based on current emotions. I have rarely seen that have a positive outcome.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Hard to leave a place like this though. I don't have to go through critical race training and I have this painting on my wall. This isn't an actual picture of it, but I have same one just much bigger on my wall.

Don't think that would fly at most places now. I have yet to be confronted about my white priviledge at work, so my current firm has that going for them. I have not been asked to apologize for how I was born yet.

View attachment 18270
That means a shit load to me. I couldn't even be in the same building with a pathetic biden voter.

Top Bottom