Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Meltdown 3 mile island

TJHall1

Legendary
Only 1.5 episodes in on this mini-series but boy does it give you an idea of how badly the government, all the way down to governors, lieutenant governor in this case, will cover stuff up just to save face and look good, even at the risk of completely fucking up hundreds of thousands of lives, even millions.

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Only 1.5 episodes in on this mini-series but boy does it give you an idea of how badly the government, all the way down to governors, lieutenant governor in this case, will cover stuff up just to save face and look good, even at the risk of completely fucking up hundreds of thousands of lives, even millions.

Where is this show? First I've heard of it. Enjoyed the Chernobyl one on netflix...minus the dog shooting scene.

TJHall1

Legendary
Where is this show? First I've heard of it. Enjoyed the Chernobyl one on netflix...minus the dog shooting scene.
Loved that Chernobyl series. It was very well done. Great job of turning what actually happened into something people could watch and understand.

This is a docu-series, not a show. It's on Netflix, I believe released just recently. Pennsylvania nuclear plant.

It really just shows you can't trust a fucking thing anyone in power tells you. Because there's a reason they got there...they were dirty enough. And this series shows how it wasn't just the u.s government either but also the NSC (technically a government branch).

TJHall1

Legendary
Just finishing it and wholly fuck I can't believe I'd never heard of this before. You talk about a coverup. I always laugh at movies where companies have people murdered but here we go. The potential of death that they had no idea about is fucking unbelievable.

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
I was stationed in Japan during the 2011 earthquake, tsunami and Fukushima meltdown.

The Japanese would lie through there teeth to keep their “honor”. These assholes would have a 3rd arm and tell you there was no radiation.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I was stationed in Japan during the 2011 earthquake, tsunami and Fukushima meltdown.

The Japanese would lie through there teeth to keep their “honor”. These assholes would have a 3rd arm and tell you there was no radiation.
Yeah radiated fish off the west coast. 1 yr or so after it happened a bunch of radiated dolphin and eating fish were showing up/being caught having 10000x the acceptable levels. But then it all went silent. I'll only eat east coast locally caught fresh seafood anymore.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I read in first grade when this happened. I remember being evacuated from school and driven a few hours away to a friends grandparents house in rural PA.
Where you from? I lived outside of Buffalo just 5 min from lake Erie from 72-80. That was crazy snow and cold. Never moving from sc coast

TJHall1

Legendary
I did not know that happened the week I was born until watching this. They are def pushing "Nuclear is bad" in it though.
Well...ya. Some of these people lost their lives because of it. The main person you can tell tho just wanted some accountability and still says he knows how important nuclear is. IMO they could have went 100x worse on the anti-nuclear but they didn't, which is a shocker for a docu on Netflix.

Top Bottom