Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Meditation empowers your mind while the world descends into chaos

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Is your mind running you or are you running your mind? Are you the user of the tool or is the tool using you? Meditation is simply a learned process that brings the discipline to stop a mind the never stops running and is mostly full of fear and trepidation into one that is placid, calm and able to observe all things for what they are - the impermanent manifestations of our two dimensional material world.

How often do you read or hear or see a news story that makes your stomach flip or your pulse go up? If it does, it means the world has its hooks in you. If you can see it for the meaningless event that it is, you are free.

Meditation gives you the power to stop the hamster mind that runs in circles all day to getting rid of the hamster and freeing up space in your mind that can be filled with peace and tranquility that gives you cessation of desire. You see the truthful reality of life.

Remember, mastering meditation is like changing the hard drive or operation system you have cultivated for your entire life. It does not happen over-night. You must be diligent in your pursuit of a higher level of consciousness that brings sublime peace.

I close with a phrase from Bob Dylans' song entitled "Things have changed" - "People are crazy and times are strange. I'm locked in tight I'm out of range. I used to care but things have changed."

Last edited:
Is your mind running you or are you running your mind? Are you the user of the tool or is the tool using you? Meditation is simply a learned process that brings the discipline to strop a mind the never stops running and is mostly full of fear and trepidation into one that is placid, calm and able to observe all things for what they are - the impermanent manifestations of our two dimensional material world.

How often do you read or hear or see a news story that makes your stomach flip or your pulse go up? If it does, it means the world has its hooks in you. If you can see it for the meaningless event that it is, you are free.

Meditation gives you the power to stop the hamster mind that runs in circles all day to getting rid of the hamster and freeing up space in your mind that can be filled with peace and tranquility that gives you cessation of desire. You see the truthful reality of life.

Remember, mastering meditation is like changing the hard drive or operation system you have cultivated for your entire life. It does not happen over-night. You must be diligent in your pursuit of a higher level of consciousness that brings sublime peace.

I close with a phrase from Bob Dylans' song entitled "Things have changed" - "People are crazy and times are strange. I'm locked in tight I'm out of range. I used to care but things have changed."
Surely there is a quicker method

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
“The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not “the thinker.” The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter – beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace – arise from beyond the mind. You begin to awaken.”
― Eckhart Tolle, Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now

Cre8ive

Founder
“The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not “the thinker.” The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter – beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace – arise from beyond the mind. You begin to awaken.”
― Eckhart Tolle, Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now
@Cyberty - right on by quoting Eckhart. I read every book he's published. He is extremely enlightened and an amazing teacher. I would love to go to one of his retreats at Hollyhock. "Stillness Speaks" is a very good read and I think you would like it very much.

Last edited:

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered “Stillness Speaks“ for my kindle. I love “The Power of Now” and have actually read it over and over for the past two years. I assume over 20 times. My life has never been more full of Joy.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered “Stillness Speaks“ for my kindle. I love “The Power of Now” and have actually read it over and over for the past two years. I assume over 20 times. My life has never been more full of Joy.
I am a Power of Now bro too! Life changing book. Struggle with the practice most of the time, but regularly try and reconnect to the moment!

Cre8ive

Founder
I am a Power of Now bro too! Life changing book. Struggle with the practice most of the time, but regularly try and reconnect to the moment!
For me, nothing takes president over my meditation practice. One hour a day keeps the demons away for 23 hours. That's an investment in time that is paying HUGE dividends. It's too bad people can't take a pill a feel the sublime peace of being in a meditative state. If that was the case, EVERYBODY would be getting a prescription to meditation.

Cre8ive

Founder
Have you read Prometheus Rising?
Yes. You recommended it and I read it. The mind exercises were interesting. I enjoyed comparing them with all of the other similar exercises that I have learned from reading dozens of books that are vertical in their general message of living more fully via understanding and controlling one's own mind.

Cre8ive

Founder
Have you read "A New Earth"? It will give you another key cornerstone on which to rebuild you new mind.

Cre8ive

Founder
@Croot_Overlord - @Cyberty - @Edgehollow - @Cincinattus91 - @Jtrain80 - @Ip-tide Watercat - @MSU_Spartans
I also HIGHLY, STRONGLY, UNEQUIVOCALLY recommend you read "How to Break the Habit of Being Yourself" by Dr. Joe Dispenza. It altered the path of my spiritual walk. It gives neurological meaning to the seemingly abstract habits of uncontrolled thinking. It's neuroscience applied in a way that will give you an inside look at why you are the way you are and how you can make yourself better.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Is your mind running you or are you running your mind? Are you the user of the tool or is the tool using you? Meditation is simply a learned process that brings the discipline to stop a mind the never stops running and is mostly full of fear and trepidation into one that is placid, calm and able to observe all things for what they are - the impermanent manifestations of our two dimensional material world.

“I used to care but times have changed” -damn that really nails how I’ve been feeling lately.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Great topic op.
Look up meditation based stress reduction. At minimum practice box breathing.
take one of those retreats where you don’t communicate talk, eye contact, etc for 7 days.
Check out self realization centers.
Lastly, this is related to meditation, a book that was given to everyone in attendance at Steve Jobs funeral.
this books a trip and you’ll see the bases of movies like the matrix.
1618635079255.jpeg

Top Bottom