Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

McDonald’s Ice Cream Machine

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Anybody ever worked at McDonald’s? Why is the ice cream machine always down? Do they even have one? I smell a grand conspiracy.
Long tine ago a kid I knew worked at one. He said the machine is such a pain in the ass to clean that employees would damage on purpose. No idea if true but sounds reasonable

Dr. Zaius

Poster
Founder
qjK0IY4DUjzmj0QJ14TRRrvSNShxceGQvlkRfpmIUDk.jpg

24-year-old who’s tracking every broken McDonald’s ice-cream machine in the US

link fixed

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Those things are a pain in the ass to clean. I did a few years at Arby’s in my younger years and we would always shut the shake machine down way early to start cleaning it. It had to be taken apart and cleaned before close and when you work at fast food you want to be able to close as fast as you can at night (to get the fuck outta there)

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
Long tine ago a kid I knew worked at one. He said the machine is such a pain in the ass to clean that employees would damage on purpose. No idea if true but sounds reasonable

Yeah that’s probably it.

Those things are a pain in the ass to clean. I did a few years at Arby’s in my younger years and we would always shut the shake machine down way early to start cleaning it. It had to be taken apart and cleaned before close and when you work at fast food you want to be able to close as fast as you can at night (to get the fuck outta there)

Oh lol @Rebarcock nailed it

Let’s make sure those kids get their $15/hr tho!

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Your onto something about being clean. Probably would get legionaries disease if it was working.

CJB1950

Elite
Founder
The main reason is that the McDonald’s ice cream machines take forever to clean, taking up to four hours to sanitize—and it has to be done every singleThe main reason is that the McDonald’s ice cream machines take forever to clean, taking up to four hours to sanitize—and it has to be done every single day. When the machines are in the process of being cleaned, they can’t serve ice cream. And, when the staff is handing out Big Macs left and right, no one has the time to tend to the laborious machine. Telling you that the ice cream machine is broken instead of admitting that they are too lazy to clean it is just one of the secrets that fast-food workers won’t tell you day. When the machines are in the process of being cleaned, they can’t serve ice cream. And, when the staff is handing out Big Macs left and right, no one has the time to tend to the laborious machine. Telling you that the ice cream machine is broken instead of admitting that they are too lazy to clean it is just one of the secrets that fast-food workers won’t tell you

The_Goose

Poster
Founder
The main reason is that the McDonald’s ice cream machines take forever to clean, taking up to four hours to sanitize—and it has to be done every singleThe main reason is that the McDonald’s ice cream machines take forever to clean, taking up to four hours to sanitize—and it has to be done every single day. When the machines are in the process of being cleaned, they can’t serve ice cream. And, when the staff is handing out Big Macs left and right, no one has the time to tend to the laborious machine. Telling you that the ice cream machine is broken instead of admitting that they are too lazy to clean it is just one of the secrets that fast-food workers won’t tell you day. When the machines are in the process of being cleaned, they can’t serve ice cream. And, when the staff is handing out Big Macs left and right, no one has the time to tend to the laborious machine. Telling you that the ice cream machine is broken instead of admitting that they are too lazy to clean it is just one of the secrets that fast-food workers won’t tell you

Did the author suffer a stroke while writing this?

Mud flap

Poster
Founder
My brother worked at one in high school said the exact same thing 25 years ago. Depending on who was the cleaning detail determined if it worked or not.

Spc311

Poster
You'd think a multibillion dollar industry might figure out how to design an ice cream machine that doesn't take 4 fucking hours to clean in the last quarter century.

This shit don't happen at Wendy's, the goat

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
IMO, every fast food joint suffers because they are mostly staffed by people with little to no work ethic. America was much different 20-30 years ago. When I was a teenager, even McDonalds appeared to have standards. Wendy's served very good hamburgers 20 years ago, now they serve greasy, squashed messes.

It seems only a select group of fast food places still have any standards, Chic fil a being one that comes to mind, and you see it in their employees. Those few places like Chic Fil A look like they're staffed by teens and young adults who at least know how to bathe. The average mcdonalds appears to be staffed by recently paroled meth addicts and teenagers on a Beavis and Butthead career path. As someone still with a young child, I do everything I can do to dissuade her from asking for McDonalds when we allow her to pick what she wants to eat. I detest that nasty place.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
100% correct: my cousin worked at McDonalds. Said the manager would tell an employee to clean it (major pain in the ass) and if they didn’t want to, the manager would say fvck it and unplug it. It didn’t work again until someone actually took the time to clean it

vicdaddy

Poster
My brother in law worked for a company that repaired those machines. He said he would never ever eat ice cream that came from them. He said every single time he opened one up cockroaches would run out from them or would be all up in them.

Top Bottom