Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
September 17th

Today Martin teaches us how to make the famous Ugandan "rolex", a street food that's unique to the region. Cooked right in front of you, rolled up, and oftentimes wrapped in newspaper, the rolex is a delicious treat that's also packed with some protein. And how did it get the name? It's pretty straightforward and kind of funny; at first it was just called "rolled eggs" but as time went on, the words ran together and boom, now you have the Ugandan Rolex.

There you have it, delicious, simple, street food to the max. I tried making some myself a year or so ago, it took me 2 or 3 times to get how I liked it, but eventually it paid off. I still can only imagine how tasty a legit Ugandan one might be.

I found a pretty easy recipe for it RIGHT HERE! I don't think it's the one I used back in the day, but it looks promising. Try it out if you're bored one day, make it all in a mug and wrap it in newspaper to be as legit as you possibly can!

Thank you again everyone! Just as a small note, Martin and I might be taking a break from our videos for a little while, were not sure yet, still discussing whether we will continue or not, so just keep your eyes peeled in the weeks ahead. Either way, I'm sure we will both still be around the forum a good bit moving forward.

TJHall1

Legendary
September 17th

Today Martin teaches us how to make the famous Ugandan "rolex", a street food that's unique to the region. Cooked right in front of you, rolled up, and oftentimes wrapped in newspaper, the rolex is a delicious treat that's also packed with some protein. And how did it get the name? It's pretty straightforward and kind of funny; at first it was just called "rolled eggs" but as time went on, the words ran together and boom, now you have the Ugandan Rolex.

There you have it, delicious, simple, street food to the max. I tried making some myself a year or so ago, it took me 2 or 3 times to get how I liked it, but eventually it paid off. I still can only imagine how tasty a legit Ugandan one might be.

I found a pretty easy recipe for it RIGHT HERE! I don't think it's the one I used back in the day, but it looks promising. Try it out if you're bored one day, make it all in a mug and wrap it in newspaper to be as legit as you possibly can!

Thank you again everyone! Just as a small note, Martin and I might be taking a break from our videos for a little while, were not sure yet, still discussing whether we will continue or not, so just keep your eyes peeled in the weeks ahead. Either way, I'm sure we will both still be around the forum a good bit moving forward.
I watched this a few days ago and was wondering about the name. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom