Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

@Martin invites M. Farrell to Uganda

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So you're saying, if we want to help @Martin , we should donate to the forum donation campaign?
Right. We are gonna work on getting clear messages out so everyone can see where the money is going. We are likely going to need a donation infusion next month, but I want to provide everyone details on where our expenses lie.

I sent Martin $250 a week ago to make videos for us. I am going to send him $250 every week as long as we can meet our required operational expenses here. Today I sent him $600 - his $250 weekly pay, an additional $250 to set up a savings account for his business with us, and $100 to buy the children plenty of meat to enjoy because they only get to eat meat rarely

1628779106211.png

Sikness23245

Elite
Right. We are gonna work on getting clear messages out so everyone can see where the money is going. We are likely going to need a donation infusion next month, but I want to provide everyone details on where our expenses lie.

I sent Martin $250 a week ago to make videos for us. I am going to send him $250 every week as long as we can meet our required operational expenses here. Today I sent him $600 - his $250 weekly pay, an additional $250 to set up a savings account for his business with us, and $100 to buy the children plenty of meat to enjoy because they only get to eat meat rarely

View attachment 38995
Love it. I'll do what I can, which isn't much, but you have a great thing going here. Glad to be a part of it.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Basically I just told everyone that I am going to pay Martin as an employee of the business to make videos for us every day. As we grow he can grow and get more people from Uganda involved as well
Should I ship to you or Martin direct? I'm going get toothpaste and brushes socks drawers and jump rope balls and misx toys.

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
Basically I just told everyone that I am going to pay Martin as an employee of the business to make videos for us every day. As we grow he can grow and get more people from Uganda involved as well

so you're looking for cash but now paying someone in Uganda for videos? You subscribe to the I can't be broke...I've still got checks theory of cash management?

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Shipping items I think we should run through a central point. @America 1st would you be good handling that?
I’d want to set up a PO Box to send and receive from but otherwise that sounds fine.

Also, with the outpouring of support here for him, it could get expensive sending that total amount of items. We might need to figure out a way to handle that as well.

Let me look into this a tad before we get carried away cuz the more we keep costs down means the more product we can get to the folks who need it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
so you're looking for cash but now paying someone in Uganda for videos? You subscribe to the I can't be broke...I've still got checks theory of cash management?
If you read my request for donations, the donations are for our overhead which I explicitly defined in that request post. Overhead does not include advertising, helping out Martin, upgrading the website or anything that is not required to keep the site functioning in a minimum capacity.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I’d want to set up a PO Box to send and receive from but otherwise that sounds fine.

Also, with the outpouring of support here for him, it could get expensive sending that total amount of items. We might need to figure out a way to handle that as well.

Let me look into this a tad before we get carried away cuz the more we keep costs down means the more product we can get to the folks who need it.
fatigue. Got blankets toothpaste toothbrushes and some soccer balls to start. Pm pobox. I have a week till I get it. I will look up postage but my understanding it is going on cargoe whips which would make sense. I still ck it out. We may need and export export transport too. If that happens let me know I may be ae to pull string

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
We are working on details. It’s not as easy as just dropping it off at the UPS store. Let me talk to @JackOfSpeed because he was trying to ship something and I’ll post some clear instructions by the end of next week. Thanks man!
International shipping can be pure hell. I know. We got into with some of my wife's paintings (shipped to and from Italy) and antiques from when her mother passed (shipped from England). It's absolutely critical to work with an established international shipping company. I think DHL is ranked as mostly dependable, it's when the stuff lands at a foreign port that things can "get lost." A five finger discount!

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
International shipping can be pure hell. I know. We got into with some of my wife's paintings (shipped to and from Italy) and antiques from when her mother passed (shipped from England). It's absolutely critical to work with an established international shipping company. I think DHL is ranked as mostly dependable, it's when the stuff his at a foreign port that things can "get lost."
I ship to Canada Panama and Italy. I may be able to help but that would be cargo loads. Then you got to haul it to Jinjal. We b
Need to dive in to best way to transport

Latest posts

Top Bottom