Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mans best friend... RIP

eb102993

Poster
Had to put the dog down today boys. Shit. Is. Rough.

We knew it was coming, but unexpected today. She had been on 4 different pills for heart failure and was doing fine the day before. Woke up this morning and she was breathing hard. Went to give her the pills and she didn’t want them so I called the Vet and she wanted to see her.

Got to the vet and they put her on oxygen and we had to wait in the car. Vet called 5 minutes later and said we have reached the end of the road and we needed to come in. She explained she would get 2 shots. One for sedation, and one to say goodbye forever.

First shot was given. She had been unable to lay down due to fluid buildup in her body. 3 minutes later she lied down and placed her head in my hand. Minutes later the doc came in for the final shot. We placed her on the table and I placed my hand by her heart. The doc gave her the shot and 15 seconds later I felt her heart stop and she was gone.

My wife had already lost it. I lost it and cried like a bitch. Fucking vet was crying. Shit was horrible. Picked the kids up after that and we cried on the way home.

Losing pets sucks and some people don’t understand. But I know some of you faggots do because you clogged up the Dance thread with your pets. Pets are awesome so post em here.

RIP Mocha. Here she is sleeping my other dog.

Attachments

• E91702C5-27CE-4B01-92D4-E4372C6B5E85.jpeg
    E91702C5-27CE-4B01-92D4-E4372C6B5E85.jpeg
    872 KB · Views: 30

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

We knew it was coming, but unexpected today. She had been on 4 different pills for heart failure and was doing fine the day before. Woke up this morning and she was breathing hard. Went to give her the pills and she didn’t want them so I called the Vet and she wanted to see her.

Got to the vet and they put her on oxygen and we had to wait in the car. Vet called 5 minutes later and said we have reached the end of the road and we needed to come in. She explained she would get 2 shots. One for sedation, and one to say goodbye forever.

First shot was given. She had been unable to lay down due to fluid buildup in her body. 3 minutes later she lied down and placed her head in my hand. Minutes later the doc came in for the final shot. We placed her on the table and I placed my hand by her heart. The doc gave her the shot and 15 seconds later I felt her heart stop and she was gone.

My wife had already lost it. I lost it and cried like a bitch. Fucking vet was crying. Shit was horrible. Picked the kids up after that and we cried on the way home.

Losing pets sucks and some people don’t understand. But I know some of you faggots do because you clogged up the Dance thread with your pets. Pets are awesome so post em here.

I am so sorry. She knows you love her and she loves you. And she knows how much y'all love her because you didn't make her suffer in pain.

You did the right thing. And you stayed with her. Her final moment is you loving her.

CurtOFD78

Elite
I know the feeling and it is not fun at all. I cried like a baby when we had to put down one of our pits 2 years ago and was weeping on the floor next to my current pup when I thought we were going to have to put her down. Thankfully she is doing just fine. Condolences to you and your family @eb102993 . Mocha is now happy and pain free in doggy Heaven chasing cats and finding new things to smell.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

I am with you. I've had dogs all my life. Having to "put down" your best friend is one of the toughest decision one ever has to make. My avatar is the puppy photo of my best companion ever - Jack. He was the most loving being I have ever had the pleasure of loving back. He was a boxer who lived a short 11 years. I put him down 3 years ago. I think of him daily. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Last edited:

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Yeah, losing a dog sucks. Lost my best girl 2 years ago this month. She went down hill fast, but I was the last face she saw when she passed, there wasn't any way she was going to pass and me not be there. Cried like a baby that day.

Hell, I'm choking up a bit now. Miss that damned dog.

JerBearr

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! I think a lot of us can empathize with you. Maybe you've even had to go through this in the past as well. You can expect the pain, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

The Free Speech Forum is a place where we can gather for laugher and bull shitting, but it is also a place for community. I'm sure most of us are available to listen to you if you just want to talk! Take the day off and spend it in bed with some hot tea!

eb102993

Poster
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! I think a lot of us can empathize with you. Maybe you've even had to go through this in the past as well. You can expect the pain, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

The Free Speech Forum is a place where we can gather for laugher and bull shitting, but it is also a place for community. I'm sure most of us are available to listen to you if you just want to talk! Take the day off and spend it in bed with some hot tea!
I appreciate the comments from all of you! That’s why I come here. A place where real good old fashioned Americans can have great conversations about anything.

Cre8ive

Founder
I've been more upset losing my fur babies then when human family members die.

Kiddos to OP for handling his best friend with so much grace and love when it was needed most.
Amen to that. I knew my parents were dying. We talked about our lives. We shared hugs and kisses. They had full lives and were OK with moving on. We shared the most intimate words of love from the deepest part of our hearts. You can't do that with your best buddy. When I knew Jack was dying I wanted so badly to just be able to talk to him and comfort him in a way I knew I could not. That is what rips that heart out. I hung on to the hope that somehow he did understand my heart was breaking at the thought of him not being at my side.

Cre8ive

Founder
I've put down 4 within the last 5 years. Gets harder everytime. Gotdamn, why can't pets die on their own like we do?
I can't tell you how many times I've wished that. Why can't dogs out live us? That would be cool. Maybe God needs to change things and not allow our dogs to die before we do. And then again, even when you're holding that new little puppy, you know in the back of your mind that getting 12 to 15 years of love and companionship is pretty much the limit. I guess that's why I've always had such a deep, abiding love for all the dogs I've had in my life.

Last edited:

Cre8ive

Founder
I've put down 4 within the last 5 years. Gets harder everytime. Gotdamn, why can't pets die on their own like we do?
I've put down three, all boxers, and I have one left, and she is only 5.

eb102993

Poster
Cried like a baby when I put my 13 year old lab down about a year and a half ago.

just got around to getting a new dog last week.
Cute dog. Hopefully you will be able to have even more time with this one. Did you wait because you were not ready until now, or was it a timing thing?

I still have my other dog and she seems fine right now but she does like to play with other dogs. I will probably wait until at least after summer to begin looking. We’ll see how I feel.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Cute dog. Hopefully you will be able to have even more time with this one. Did you wait because you were not ready until now, or was it a timing thing?

I still have my other dog and she seems fine right now but she does like to play with other dogs. I will probably wait until at least after summer to begin looking. We’ll see how I feel.
It was more personal reasons we waited to get another dog. Mainly because we have 4 kids and I just wasn’t ready to commit to taking care of anything else.

chase182

Poster
Founder
Sorry to hear OP. We went through this last Thursday with our 13yo Golden. Like you, we knew it was coming. She had arthritis in her hips that made it hard to get up, but the final straw was getting bone cancer in one of her front legs. I carried her 100lb ass outside every couple hours for a week to do her business but it just wasn't fair to her to let her suffer. I bawled like a baby all day before and after the procedure. It's tough but you'll feel at peace soon enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom