Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Main forum think tank

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Lettuce just say that someone was going to set out to build a new platform. What would you like to see from that platform? Features, approach, government, etc?

The things I am currently thinking are: privacy focused, refusal to data mine the user base, and (obviously) freedom of speech and expression

The Main Board has always been my “social media” platform. I liked Reddit until it turned into a cesspool. I like platforms where users are behind a user name because I think it reduces some of the “look at me” pissing contest

lucio

Poster
Founder
Lettuce just say that someone was going to set out to build a new platform. What would you like to see from that platform? Features, approach, government, etc?

The things I am currently thinking are: privacy focused, refusal to data mine the user base, and (obviously) freedom of speech and expression

The Main Board has always been my “social media” platform. I liked Reddit until it turned into a cesspool. I like platforms where users are behind a user name because I think it reduces some of the “look at me” pissing contest
Dick pics of course

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Its own crypto with only those who own a certain amount (would need to be variable) able to participate in electing the leadership.

Make sure the governing council approves all purchases (in and out) of said crypto.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It would be cool I think if somehow this new platform could be integrated with the Discord site. Both have their strong points. If that could happen the sky's the limit.
Yeah, I think we can be integrated even now, but want the new platform to let Discord do what its good at and fill the other gaps in the technology that houses our online communities

Rusty Strings

Poster
I'd like to see it run through some web penetration testing to make sure it's not written with similar sloppiness as Parler. Also, I'd make sure server logs that pertained to user information (IP, MAC address, etc.) are not retained for any other purpose but troubleshooting and immediately flushed after.

A fully functioning search feature would be kind of cool as well since Rivals fucked that up 6 ways from Sunday.

Oklahoma

Poster
How will you deal with violence, racism and bigotry? Especially when a word like racism has no real meaning anymore.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
it’s unprecedented. You basically have to decide, if you want to exist, how much of your soul do you need to sell for that ends. I don’t envy you. I do truly appreciate you giving it a go though, thank you.
It's not that complicated. There is a difference between things that are illegal and free speech. We are not providing a platform for illegal activity

Rusty Strings

Poster
It's not that complicated. There is a difference between things that are illegal and free speech. We are not providing a platform for illegal activity
So I should keep the conversations about our future world of 3-D printing AR lowers while living in the sewers as part of the resistance elsewhere?

Top Bottom