Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Main board has been taken over by paid bots

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Noticed it during election season and now since inauguration it’s back again. I’m not talking about the usual suspects but actual bots who all parrot the same message with a multi year gap in their posting history. It’s painfully obvious that it’s coordinated
I have noticed this on other boards I frequent with high user bases who are conservative. Anyone else notice this??
Hell the entire MB is made up of Silver Member Bot/Trolls. I too noticed this patter as I have seen this elsewhere too.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Noticed it during election season and now since inauguration it’s back again. I’m not talking about the usual suspects but actual bots who all parrot the same message with a multi year gap in their posting history. It’s painfully obvious that it’s coordinated
I have noticed this on other boards I frequent with high user bases who are conservative. Anyone else notice this??
What is a bot exactly?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
What is a bot exactly?
What you see as a web page is really just a wall of text. You can right click on a page and click inspect page source.

Bots are basically programs that look at page source code and find keywords in the message content. Once certain keywords pop up they respond to the messages with preprogrammed responses.

Basically a computer program that poses as a user on a message board. We can make our own some day if you want. I’m sure there are some on here that have enough programming knowledge to pull it off.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Lol. We are writing new software from the ground up. The closest analog will be Reddit to what we are coming up with, but we are going to integrate some unique features that empower the users and not the mini dictators that run all the subreddits over there
Sounds good.... I think. Lol

Good luck to all....

Belezabro

Elite
Lol. We are writing new software from the ground up. The closest analog will be Reddit to what we are coming up with, but we are going to integrate some unique features that empower the users and not the mini dictators that run all the subreddits over there
I applaud you but I almost wish you’d keep this small and simple. It’s inevitable that if this grows it too will be overrun.

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
What you see as a web page is really just a wall of text. You can right click on a page and click inspect page source.

Bots are basically programs that look at page source code and find keywords in the message content. Once certain keywords pop up they respond to the messages with preprogrammed responses.

Basically a computer program that poses as a user on a message board. We can make our own some day if you want. I’m sure there are some on here that have enough programming knowledge to pull it off.

5-A292-BEB-5869-40-FF-82-E9-E37-F0-CC10100.gif

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Did anyone hear Brandon Stratka was arrested? I was told he was

Top Bottom