Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Living will

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Anyone have any experience with this? Just watched my uncle's daughter have to make the decision to take him off of life support after he coded in recovery and got brain damage (possible blood clot). He broke his leg and went in for surgery to put pins in it.

Do not want my daughter to have to make those decisions if something happens to me. Broke my heart to see her go through that and she is not much older than my daughter.

Wondering if there is a guide or template and if you have to do anything with it to make it official and where do you keep it or give it to in case something happens to you.

Oler Ted

Elite
Anyone have any experience with this? Just watched my uncle's daughter have to make the decision to take him off of life support after he coded in recovery and got brain damage (possible blood clot). He broke his leg and went in for surgery to put pins in it.

Do not want my daughter to have to make those decisions if something happens to me. Broke my heart to see her go through that and she is not much older than my daughter.

Wondering if there is a guide or template and if you have to do anything with it to make it official and where do you keep it or give it to in case something happens to you.
So sorry about that and prayers to your uncle’s daughter. Wish I could help, but hopefully someone here will be able to

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
At the hospital with my FIL having to make the same call for my MIL. She had a living will, but was only a DNR for chest compressions. So he had to make the call to pull the plug.

Make sure yours is specific and expresses your wishes clearly.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I have a Medical Powers of Attorney as well as a non-medical Powers of Attorney for being unable to make decisions. Once I'm gone I have a Will to dispose of my property.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
A lesson I learned this week is do not wait until it is to late. Make these decisions so your loved ones do not have to.

Already dealt with this once. No big deal to me as I am emotionless. But you are probably right for most people.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Already dealt with this once. No big deal to me as I am emotionless. But you are probably right for most people.
dexter-dexter-morgan.gif

BurntJ

Founder
So true.....I have joked many times that if we ever get to the point where the executions are starting.....I will happily apply for the job. I could literally go to work "flipping the switch" all day long and have it never affect me one bit.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
So true.....I have joked many times that if we ever get to the point where the executions are starting.....I will happily apply for the job. I could literally go to work "flipping the switch" all day long and have it never affect me one bit.

Flipping a switch to electrocute someone to death has to be one of the more satisfying ways to execute somebody. Much moreso than say, injecting their IV with the drug that stops their heart, or even pulling the trigger on a firing squad.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Flipping a switch to electrocute someone to death has to be one of the more satisfying ways to execute somebody. Much moreso than say, injecting their IV with the drug that stops their heart, or even pulling the trigger on a firing squad.
Just don't use a dry sponge

BurntJ

Founder
My order would be:
Switch
Trigger (start with knees and elbow and work from there.)

IV

Me using a baseball bat

Firing squad (no individual gets the satisfaction and the fucker goes too quick.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom