Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let's talk home fitness

Taggart

Elite
Founder
A thread for all us faggits who don't like going to gyms (or wearing masks while we work out). Would like to hear tMB's thoughts on at-home programs and/or strength equipment that you endorse.

I'm about halfway through P90X3 (love it, will be my 3rd time completing) and already thinking ahead to what program I want to start next. Anyone try Insanity MAX:30? Seems more cardio-based which would be good to burn off some more of the COVID pudge I've accumulated since the fall.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
This and beer. I work out hard

View attachment 771
tenor.gif

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I hump steel so i work out a good bit at work. Just hit 48 and my doc isnfixing to andro me he said BC im outting on some bad weight. 2 yrs ago my place burnt down. Lost my dog in avatar and eberyting i owned. I told Dr i nneed to do something and he said come march ill be on it.i could lose 20 and be nest shape of life pushing 50

Taylorwh77

Poster
A thread for all us faggits who don't like going to gyms (or wearing masks while we work out). Would like to hear tMB's thoughts on at-home programs and/or strength equipment that you endorse.

I'm about halfway through P90X3 (love it, will be my 3rd time completing) and already thinking ahead to what program I want to start next. Anyone try Insanity MAX:30? Seems more cardio-based which would be good to burn off some more of the COVID pudge I've accumulated since the fall.
20200101_105331.jpg

Setup this up in January, had a baby in september so i fell off recently getting back into it this week

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I did the Beach body programs over the years when they first came out, but slowly just started buying workout equipment for my garage the last 7ish years. Turned out to be a great decision. Its taken years to accumulate the stuff but I love my garage gym now.

Basically have a full crossfit gym in the garage now, but all the weights and a rack to do strength training. Got a Concept2 rower this past year that was a game changer.

However, I am still a fat ass - can't stay out of the kitchen. Just a fat ass that can exercise pretty good.

I will say that I think P90X3 is one of the best programs ever as far as an efficient program that doesn't take a ton of time and keeps you in shape

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder

So I've been on the Beachbody train for awhile(10 years). I've acquired 2 P90X workouts and 2 Insanity. I'm probably older than most on the site 50's and just really want a maintenance program.

These hit that for me. I don't have to commit to a ton of equipment and I can do most workouts anywhere in the house. I've done a hybrid version of the above by combining both programs into one. It's a little more challenging to have an Insanity workout in between for P90X. But I love the cardio. The Insanity Max ;30 is better than the original IMO as there is more variety(more tapes) and provides a better resistance workout(push ups) than the original.

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
Moving into my house Thursday. Plan is to turn half the garage into boxing deal for me and my kid

Last edited:

Taggart

Elite
Founder
So I've been on the Beachbody train for awhile(10 years). I've acquired 2 P90X workouts and 2 Insanity. I'm probably older than most on the site 50's and just really want a maintenance program.

These hit that for me. I don't have to commit to a ton of equipment and I can do most workouts anywhere in the house. I've done a hybrid version of the above by combining both programs into one. It's a little more challenging to have an Insanity workout in between for P90X. But I love the cardio. The Insanity Max ;30 is better than the original IMO as there is more variety(more tapes) and provides a better resistance workout(push ups) than the original.
The thought of not having to do another eccentric pullup makes me very happy, so for that alone I will be giving MAX:30 a go once I'm done with X3.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
The thought of not having to do another eccentric pullup makes me very happy, so for that alone I will be giving MAX:30 a go once I'm done with X3.

haha, for sure. I will say one of the best single workouts I have was a bonus workout that I got with Insanity. It’s the Insanity version of the Upper Body workout with Shaun T. Great synergistic workout that’s about 45 minutes long.

Top Bottom