Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let's rank the Quentin Tarantino films

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Tarantino is the GOAT director by a long shot, IMO. I think all his movies except Deathproof are great. Let's stick to his directed films, of which there are 10, if you count the Kill Bills as two seperate movies.

1- Pulp Fiction - No brainer #1. Great movie in every way, game changer.

2- Jackie Brown - maybe 1a for me. Some of the best acting in his movies, perfect music too.

3- Kill Bill: Vol 2 - much better than 1 IMO. The entire storyline from buried alive, to the flashback of learning the 2 inch punch, to her killing Budd & Elle is just glorious.

4- Django Unchained - Jamie Fox carries this movie. Some of his finest acting, and that is saying something. Leo also killed it.

5- Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood - This one has grown on me. A bit boring upon first watching it, but a perfectly done movie, if slow. Excellent acting by Pitt & DiCaprio doesn't hurt either.

6- Inglorious Basterds - Opening scene as good as it gets. Very good movie all in all, but bores me a bit through the middle, and the end is a bit cheesy IMO.

7- The Hateful Eight - This could have been higher, but with so many movies it is hard to get them all just right. The dialogue in this movie is up there with Tarantino's best.

8- Kill Bill: Vol 1- Pretty good, entertaining, but the character development is pretty non existant, at least with the bad guys.

9- Reservior Dogs - A classic, and very well done movie. Just small compared to all his other masterpieces. He said he has thought aboht remaking this one.

10- Deathproof - This was pretty meh, imo, but probably a good job of making a grindhouse flick...I have never watched that genre, so wouldn't know.

Honestly I could rank 3-7 in about any order, but stand firm on 1&2 and 10. What say you?

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
I love me some Tarantino. Pulp Fiction is far and away my favorite movie of all time.

1) Pulp Fiction - without a doubt
2) The Hateful Eight - this was a really well done movie. I watch the super extended version on Netflix and it was great
3) Inglorious Basterds - I thought the whole movie was a little corny but it fits together well
4) Kill Bill Vol 2
5) Django Unchained
6) Reservior Dogs
7) Kill Bill Vol 1
8) Deathproof
9) Once Upon a Time - I've only watched this once and it was just too slow for me. I may need to watch it again.

*I'm not going to rate Jackie Brown because I haven't seen it in probably 10 years. I need to go re-watch.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I love me some Tarantino. Pulp Fiction is far and away my favorite movie of all time.

1) Pulp Fiction - without a doubt
2) The Hateful Eight - this was a really well done movie. I watch the super extended version on Netflix and it was great
3) Inglorious Basterds - I thought the whole movie was a little corny but it fits together well
4) Kill Bill Vol 2
5) Django Unchained
6) Reservior Dogs
7) Kill Bill Vol 1
8) Deathproof
9) Once Upon a Time - I've only watched this once and it was just too slow for me. I may need to watch it again.

*I'm not going to rate Jackie Brown because I haven't seen it in probably 10 years. I need to go re-watch.

Definitely rewatch Jackie Brown. Great flick. I feel like that is Samuel L Jackson at his best, and Deniro kills it...but to me, Pam Grier just steals the show in that movie.

Once Upon a Time, is indeed slow. Not for everyone, but like I said, growing on me.

Cards1968

Founder
1. Jackie Brown by a good bit

2. Pulp Fiction
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Inglorious Bastards
5. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
6. Kill Bill v2
7. Django Unchained
8. Death Proof
9. Kill Bill v1

20. Hateful 8 - A God awful movie by anyone's standards

Poster above mentioned Pam Grier as a show stealer and she definitely is in Jackie Brown, but Robert Forster is THE unsung hero of that flick. RIP

I much prefer his earlier work to his newer stuff, but Once Upon a Time gave me some hope after Hateful 8.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

2. Pulp Fiction
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Inglorious Bastards
6. Kill Bill v2
7. Django Unchained
8. Death Proof
9. Kill Bill v1

Poster above mentioned Pam Grier as a show stealer and she definitely is in Jackie Brown, but Robert Forster is THE unsung hero of that flick. RIP

I much prefer his earlier work to his newer stuff, but Once Upon a Time gave me some hope after Hateful 8.

I love Jackie Brown, and mostly for all the great acting. You are correct about Forster. Alot of his best acting was non verbal. Dude killed it in that movie.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

2. Pulp Fiction
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Inglorious Bastards
6. Kill Bill v2
7. Django Unchained
8. Death Proof
9. Kill Bill v1

There is a pretty good documentary on Tarantino's 1st 8 movies(QT8). Robert Forster mentioned this scene, and how there are no words, but you are watching Max fall in love with Jackie. Again, nailed it with the music too, IMO.

PsyopVictim

Poster
1) Pulp Fiction
2) Jackie Brown
3) Reservoir Dogs
4) Inglorious Bastards
5) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
6) Django Unchained
7) Kill Bill vol. I&II (QT views them as one flick)
8) Hateful 8
9) Death Proof

denn

Legendary
Founder
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Jackie Brown
3. Kill Bill 1 & 2
4. Django
5. Pulp Fiction
6. Inglorious Bastards
7. Hateful 8 (I will have to see this one a time or two more. Thought it was good but I have only seen it the tone time. Could be higher on my list)

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I need to watch Reservoir Dogs again. Been a very long time. I mostly just remember all the violence, and the scene at the diner arguing about tipping.

On Joe Rogan, Tarantino said he was going to make Reservoir Dogs himself, with just a tiny budget and film the whole thing in a warehouse. He was luckily talked into trying to get it financed instead of making the whole thing for like $15,000 or whatever.

skoerner

Poster
Obviously, this will be an unpopular opinion judging from the previous posts but Death Proof is a really fun movie to watch. Especially when paired with Planet Terror (as intended) with all of the fake grind house movie trailers. It's supposed to be shitty but in a good way if that makes any sense. I celebrate Q's entire catalog.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Obviously, this will be an unpopular opinion judging from the previous posts but Death Proof is a really fun movie to watch. Especially when paired with Planet Terror (as intended) with all of the fake grind house movie trailers. It's supposed to be shitty but in a good way if that makes any sense. I celebrate Q's entire catalog.

I get what it is supposed to be, and it is probably great for what it is...just didn't do much for me. I did like Zoe Bell in it, and always like Kurt Russell.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
"Once upon a time in hollywood" stands alone as his best to date.

It really is a perfectly done movie. Maybe not for everyone, being long and slow at times, but just a great movie...probably has the most laughs of any Tarantino movie as well.

Spc311

Poster
Kill Bill (it’s one movie)
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jack Brown

The rest kinda blow. Especially Django and Bastards

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Tarantino is the GOAT director by a long shot, IMO. I think all his movies except Deathproof are great. Let's stick to his directed films, of which there are 10, if you count the Kill Bills as two seperate movies.

2- Jackie Brown - maybe 1a for me. Some of the best acting in his movies, perfect music too.

3- Kill Bill: Vol 2 - much better than 1 IMO. The entire storyline from buried alive, to the flashback of learning the 2 inch punch, to her killing Budd & Elle is just glorious.

4- Django Unchained - Jamie Fox carries this movie. Some of his finest acting, and that is saying something. Leo also killed it.

5- Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood - This one has grown on me. A bit boring upon first watching it, but a perfectly done movie, if slow. Excellent acting by Pitt & DiCaprio doesn't hurt either.

6- Inglorious Basterds - Opening scene as good as it gets. Very good movie all in all, but bores me a bit through the middle, and the end is a bit cheesy IMO.

7- The Hateful Eight - This could have been higher, but with so many movies it is hard to get them all just right. The dialogue in this movie is up there with Tarantino's best.

8- Kill Bill: Vol 1- Pretty good, entertaining, but the character development is pretty non existant, at least with the bad guys.

9- Reservior Dogs - A classic, and very well done movie. Just small compared to all his other masterpieces. He said he has thought aboht remaking this one.

10- Deathproof - This was pretty meh, imo, but probably a good job of making a grindhouse flick...I have never watched that genre, so wouldn't know.

Honestly I could rank 3-7 in about any order, but stand firm on 1&2 and 10. What say you?
Jackie Brown wayyyyyyy too high along with Hateful 8

Reservoir Dogs is too low

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
1. Pulp
2. Bastards
3. Res Dogs
5. Django
6. 8
7. Bill v1
8. Bill v2
9 Hollywood
10 Deathproof

Honorable mention for From Dusk till Dawn even if he didn't direct it
Couldn’t be behind the camera on that one since he wrote himself like 8 foot fetish scenes with Salma Hayek

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Why no mention of true romance?
brilliantly written. Also goes into detail on getting money from this script for reservoir dogs.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
1) Pulp Fiction
2) Reservior Dogs
3) Inglorious Basterds
4) Kill Bill Vol 2
5)Jackie Brown
6) Kill Bill Vol 1
7)The Hateful Eight - just horrific. The most Tarantino’y entry of his whole catalogue. Gratuitous dialogue with no substance
8) Deathproof
9) Django Unchained - Jamie Fox is terrible in this like he is in everything

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Couldn’t be behind the camera on that one since he wrote himself like 8 foot fetish scenes with Salma Hayek
can you blame him?

3c7273e90b55083f6dd573fb322fdca0.gif

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Jackie Brown wayyyyyyy too high along with Hateful 8

Reservoir Dogs is too low

I can feel you on The Hateful 8, but I do like it anyway. I recognize Reservoir Dogs as a great movie, but just not one of my favorites. I do think I need to re-watch that one.

Jackie Brown is a great fucking movie, disagree bigtime on that. Seems alot of posters think highly of that movie.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I can feel you on The Hateful 8, but I do like it anyway. I recognize Reservoir Dogs as a great movie, but just not one of my favorites. I do think I need to re-watch that one.

Jackie Brown is a great fucking movie, disagree bigtime on that. Seems alot of posters think highly of that movie.
I like Jackie Browne but I just think of it as middle tier in his catalogue overall and lower tier in that 90s era due to the drab sets(lots shot in malls and strip malls). You watch these great performances but they are sort of lulled by the repetitiveness of the soaces and places

He’s the victim of his own success in that Pulp, Reservoir dogs, were low budget pictures where the set design and look of it was super unique. Then you have bastards, django, kill bill, and all his other stuff to consider with bigger budgets…

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

I watched reservoir dawgs last time I was on a plane. The ear scene is in tents

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Maybe not "critically acclaimed" best ever, but I am all about Inglorious Bastards and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It may be that I am younger and I was able to see them when they came out, but I still rest my case

AgEngDawg

Legendary

They all suck OP.

Top Bottom