Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Large Explosion at Hamid Karzai Airport (Kabul Airport) (link)...

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Am I the only one that thinks the Americans that have gotten stuck there are idiots for being in that shit hole in the first place. I get why diplomats and dept of state employees but when you find out we were withdrawing wtf wouldn't you catch the next flight out?

jkbone

Poster
Am I the only one that thinks the Americans that have gotten stuck there are idiots for being in that shit hole in the first place. I get why diplomats and dept of state employees but when you find out we were withdrawing wtf wouldn't you catch the next flight out?
It would be interesting to see the different reasons for why these Americans are there.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Yes they are idiots for being there in the first place. You know the risk you assume when you go to a shithole like that.

That being said, you expect your government to have some backbone and planning capability.

denn

Legendary
Founder
I can't wait until the president doesn't answer any questions about this and the speaker of the house applauds the president for doing an amazing job only getting some people killed that should never have been there in the first place.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Yes they are idiots for being there in the first place. You know the risk you assume when you go to a shithole like that.

That being said, you expect your government to have some backbone and planning capability.
One way they can say troop #s are low is that they were using a lot of contractors. Not all contractors are navy seal types either. You have pilots, drone pilots, truck drivers, diesel mechanics, electricians.... all to say that we have a smaller footprint than we really do. At one point they were saying that America had lost 2000 troops in Afghan but we had lost 4000 contractors. C I A and N s A also use lots of contractors for their security and recruiting and intel gathering.

Then add in the people doing christian missions and trying to help women or children or do education programs or other charities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom