Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

It’s meatball day!!!

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
My girls were keeping me from posting just before we ate. When the pasta is just about al dente take a couple cups of the sauce and put it in a pan over medium low heat:
View attachment 8070
Add the pasta and cook it for 3-5 minutes over that medium low heat to get the sauce into the macaroni:
View attachment 8071
Plate and add a little extra sauce and some grated Reggiano to finish. Notice how the pasta isn’t swimming in sauce. Be sure, though, that cooking it in that sauce gives it all the flavor it needs.

Ive told you before but it bugs the fuck out of me when a friend or family member makes pasta and it is drowned in sauce. So annoying.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Ive told you before but it bugs the fuck out of me when a friend or family member makes pasta and it is drowned in sauce. So annoying.
I don't enjoy pasta but I'd try @Nape 's.

Am I missing why he called spaghetti noodles macaroni from a previous thread?

Noob here and currently preparing my bleach shot in recompense.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
@Nape - you are the man! Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us. It’s always such a joy to watch your work.

giphy.gif

EdgeBest

Poster
Just ordered a six pack of tomatoes and some evoo from them.i put sage in my meatballs and roast them close together in a cast iron skillie

Rushie

Poster
Since my wife and sister in law are in FL taking care of their dad I invited my 3 nieces over. I’ll be outnumbered 4:1 by girls but I think I can handle it.
You can handle it.

For 6 weeks post Katrina, I had my wife, who was pregnant with our 2nd daughter, our older daughter who was 3 at the time, my MIL, my SIL, and my goddaughter all in our house. Oh, and we still had our female cat.

Pretty sure St. Peter gonna let me hop in the FastPass line.

Overwatch

Poster
Founder
This post gets a like simply for including the word "lagniappe."

Love it. Always gotta throw a little something extra in, right?

One year our men’s softball team was named “The Lagniappes” :). The next year we were the Elucidators and after we won the championship we snapped a pic with Spurrier before his first season started at UofSCjr. He was awesome but only took a picture with us because we had trophies and the girl...

1613958367891.jpeg

Our captain walked up to him while he was sitting with his wife in front of a wing joint down the street from their condo (at the time, they were waiting on their house to be built) and said “Sorry to bother you, coach”. Spurrier immediately quipped “You ain’t that sorry”. Our guy smooth talked him and explained the situation while showing the trophy. Spurrier then said he’d take a picture but our friend had to stand next to him lol. She obviously obliged and the picture above was born. But I can’t find the good picture, the one where everyone is actually looking towards the camera.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Holy crap- that Gustiamo order arrived today. I thought it would take a few months.

Can't wait to get started on this.

EdgeBest

Poster
Gustiamo red sauce.
Hot sausage and beef meatballs.
My sourdough from my 8 month old starter toasted in the Mitsubishi to-st400
Jarred publix parmesan zfg.

IMG_20210319_112344.jpg

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Making the kids meatball subs, not gonna show pics cause they are pre made frozen meatballs. Will be making my snook dish tonight soon. Will get some pics of that out there.

Top Bottom