Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is there a movie you refuse to watch and why?

Comiceagle

Poster
For me it’s A Dog’s Purpose and Marley and Me.

I know I’m a bitch but dogs are my soft spot and I refuse to watch something that I know in advance will get me all up in my feelings.
That's me right there. Once I found out the dog died in Ole Yeller it was a big nope for me.

JuliusLeRoy

Elite
Founder
I’ll watch the rest of the movie but I avoid watching Nick Jonas getting anchored in Midway and Ned Beatty squealing like a pig in Deliverance...Ned musta bad needed the money to take that role and other than Nick getting yanked to the bottom I enjoy Midway

txwolverines

Poster
I won’t say any sad dog movies because that’s a given. So I will say AMOUR. My mother had a stroke in 2005 and thank God, she beat it and is still with me today.
But when I watched that movie, it is one of the toughest films I ever saw. Only movie I ever turned off because it was too tough. If you’ve seen it, and have first hand experience with a loved one, you’ll know what I mean.

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
Star Wars. Never seen one, never had any interest either.

F4-DCF55-C-D434-4301-B12-B-61-C2-A3-B7-A368.gif

Long cat

Elite
Event Horizon. Watched it on shrooms and became convinced there was a hell dimension and was terrified about it. Shit has stuck with me for 20+ years. Can barely watch a movie with Sam Neill in it now. That was a really bad trip.
That movie is awesome and that was a terrible, terrible idea.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder

I know I’m a bitch but dogs are my soft spot and I refuse to watch something that I know in advance will get me all up in my feelings.
I haven’t seen any new movies in years because Hollywood just pushes out recycled garbage while telling you that you’re not woke enough. Rather spend my money on hookers and cocaine.

Fever757

Poster
Founder
Event Horizon. Watched it on shrooms and became convinced there was a hell dimension and was terrified about it. Shit has stuck with me for 20+ years. Can barely watch a movie with Sam Neill in it now. That was a really bad trip.

Event Horizon is the best sci-fi horror film ever. I've seen it a few times and it's fucked up. I don't blame you.

I'll add Lord of the Rings, watched the first one and thought it was awful and any Harry Potter movie or book.

Peach-head

Poster

That's me right there. Once I found out the dog died in Ole Yeller it was a big nope for me.

You sound like my wife. The problem with things like ole yeller and where the red fern grows is the movies miss sooo much, you’re just left with a dog dying sob story. There are many more life lessons in the books that go long with the books. I don’t know if Marley and me was a book or not. I’m blessed with a borderline psychotic lack of empathy for animals.

Dark Helmet

Poster
Lonesome Dove. Everybody says it was good, but because of an apparent closeup face bite by a moccasin when a dude falls off his horse into a bed of them in the river......no can do snakes.

Cooper

Elite
Founder
Event Horizon is the best sci-fi horror film ever. I've seen it a few times and it's fucked up. I don't blame you.

I'll add Lord of the Rings, watched the first one and thought it was awful and any Harry Potter movie or book.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy is (are?) a cinematic masterpiece.

husker_homie

Elite
Founder
Any of the "Friday" movies after the first one. ..

Will not watch theothers which may tarnish the legacy of the first. ..

I remember watching the original wheb it first hit video..which was really before internet, social media etc..was around.

Then telling my friends to check it out...cause it was awesome..you know people that probably wouldn't normally watch a "black" movie..aka most white folks...lol..

They spread the word ofits awesomeness via word of mouth and grass roots. And then eventually I had people who I had never met that I had to "check out this funny movie w Ice Cube in it"...

Lol

theDane8106

Elite
Founder
It's a Wonderful Life and a Christmas Story. I'll never watch them because it drives my wife absolutely ape shit that I'm 48 and have never seen them.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Any remake.

Any Star Wars movie that was made pre 1990.

Any movie based on The Hobbit, Harry Potter, or anything in that genre.

Any movie with knights in it.

Romance movies.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing...I got a list as long as long as your arm.

MittRomneysDrawers

Poster
Founder
I finally gave in to Sound of Music, which ironically I now enjoy as it sort evokes white pride.
Never watched any Harry Potter despite sons being 23 and 26. Not for religious reasons I couldn't bear to watch such a dorky looking kid
Titanic - Like poster above said, it now evokes responses like "what". "Are you kidding". Now I just won't bother.

Top Bottom