Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IRS Federal Refund..

Murphau

Poster
Founder
disclaimer: Yes I’m poor

Anyone else still waiting for IRS Refund? Submitted on time, no issues from accountant. What the hell is going on?

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
Have a good friend who's an accountant. It's happening everywhere because the IRS basically barely worked during covid. Most aren't expecting their returns until 2022.
CPA here. This is pretty much the deal. Also some of the last minute changes enacted by congress earlier this year (like unemployment benefits becoming non-taxable after people had already filed returns) forced the IRS to stop processing certain returns and focus on stuff that had already been processed once. Unfortunately there is no timeline for when return processing will get back to normal.

Murphau

Poster
Founder
CPA here. This is pretty much the deal. Also some of the last minute changes enacted by congress earlier this year (like unemployment benefits becoming non-taxable after people had already filed returns) forced the IRS to stop processing certain returns and focus on stuff that had already been processed once. Unfortunately there is no timeline for when return processing will get back to normal.
Hard to give this a “like” but oh well

TTUcamper

Elite
Bet they didn’t miss a paycheck or have any issues accepting payments. Corrupt bastards

True but the more backed up they are the less they can audit.

I make sure I owe the IRS every year, I'd rather safe guard MY money then let a corrupt and illegal agency do it.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
disclaimer: Yes I’m poor

Anyone else still waiting for IRS Refund? Submitted on time, no issues from accountant. What the hell is going on?
I did not get the first one because for some reason I did not pay my taxes in 2019 and they missed it. so I should be getting that back soon. Fucking idiots and the @IRS.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
OP, have some clients still waiting. Someone whose stimulus $$ was factored into their refund/owed is most of those delayed.

The IRS claimed they would have the issue resolved by the end of summer.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
True but the more backed up they are the less they can audit.

I make sure I owe the IRS every year, I'd rather safe guard MY money then let a corrupt and illegal agency do it.
My CPA always has me overpaying. He claims it helps keep everyone happy and the auditors at bay.
With interest rates at 0% I don’t mind too much. Once that changes the I’ll make sure he is closer to the correct amount owed

My CPA always has me overpaying. He claims it helps keep everyone happy and the auditors at bay.
With interest rates at 0% I don’t mind too much. Once that changes the I’ll make sure he is closer to the correct amount owed
Overpaying is not the way to go. At least I see no benefit in doing so. Paying in more than you should seems like it would leave less money to invest on a monthly or yearly basis. I personally pay as little as I can and use that money throughout the year to invest. I don’t even pay estimated quarterly taxes. I own a couple businesses and have a flexible accountant. I’m like the Dems. I don’t give in and when they give me a total of what I owe, I file and extension. My accountant and I go to work until I owe nothing or get a refund. I let them show me their cards first while I gather mine. The key is to figure out how the rich are keeping all their money and do the same. They aren’t paying taxes like you

Latest posts

Top Bottom