Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Interesting Find: Rivals Privacy Dashboard

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
TLDR: If you are still on Rivals, click the link below and see all the wonderful services they auto-enroll you in (this will automatically take you to your account if you are logged in to rivals on the same browser):

https://rivals.mydashboard.oath.com/

I've been diggin around some of the source code on Rivals seeing where there are similarities between our forum, but I came across the Privacy Dashboard.

If you click on the Privacy Dashboard, you come to a page with a little menu on the left. If it doesn't automatically select, you can click on Dashboard & Controls from the menu.

Once you are on that submenu, you will see a few of Verizon's products, but you can click on rivals

Its nice that they make sure you are autoenrolled to share your precise location, turn over all the content of your messages to be data-mined, and make sure you are agreed to them selling your data.

Last edited:

Nas

Poster
I never subscribed to Rivals, thank God. I shit posted on Scout for a second, which I doubt those idiots could data mine. I came over from the other tmb, which I'm sure they are keeping a list for the gulag.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Extending California Law for their privacy breach purposes. FFS.

"Continue Sharing under California Law

Verizon Media does not sell information that identifies you on its own, like your name or email address. As outlined in our Privacy Policy, we do share other identifiers with partners for product, service and advertising reasons. Sharing this information enables us to provide our content and services by helping our partners deliver better, more relevant content and advertising and by keeping our services supported by our advertising partners. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act some of this sharing activity may be considered a “sale” that you have a right to opt out of. If you opt out we will stop sharing your data as described above when that activity is selling as defined in the CCPA. As a result, some of our services and content may be impacted or become less relevant or interesting to you. Learn More"

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Extending California Law for their privacy breach purposes. FFS.

"Continue Sharing under California Law

Verizon Media does not sell information that identifies you on its own, like your name or email address. As outlined in our Privacy Policy, we do share other identifiers with partners for product, service and advertising reasons. Sharing this information enables us to provide our content and services by helping our partners deliver better, more relevant content and advertising and by keeping our services supported by our advertising partners. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act some of this sharing activity may be considered a “sale” that you have a right to opt out of. If you opt out we will stop sharing your data as described above when that activity is selling as defined in the CCPA. As a result, some of our services and content may be impacted or become less relevant or interesting to you. Learn More"
It's funny that the "Do not sell my info" section that automatically sign you up for is in fact the "Please sell my info" agreement

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I just went in and changed everything. They clearly don't want you to do so and they make it a pain in the ass to make changes. It's really slow and they kick you out of the privacy dashboard every time you make a change.
You have to do it separately on each device. And there is also something they apply called persistence (I found it one of the terms FAQs last night) which basically means after a certain amount of time the will opt you back in to everything. There is a way to turn the persistence off but I haven't figured it out yet.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
You have to do it separately on each device. And there is also something they apply called persistence (I found it one of the terms FAQs last night) which basically means after a certain amount of time the will opt you back in to everything. There is a way to turn the persistence off but I haven't figured it out yet.

I'm sure there is some kind of compensation received for every account they allow information from.

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
@Jakethedog i saw you post about it over there and looks like they deleted that shit with a quickness.

I’m not sure they are even legally allowed to delete something like that. Platforms are required to have some level of transparency, and doing something like that could be a violation

I was thinking the same thing.

Kinda fucked up

FoamFingers

Poster
Founder
Somebody want to give a refresher on cancelling. I was going to see if I used it at all during season before cancelling. But definitely closing it out now.

Thanks!

Latex-Girls-1.gif

the-hottest-weather-girl-gifs-01.gif

Sikness23245

Elite
If you go to the bottom of the link I posted at the top there is a "Delete my account" button - doubt it works though

Just tried and says it's "scheduled" for deletion. I no longer have access to my account, but I have no doubt they'll keep their access for as long as they want.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
We're talking about Rivals.com ITT. Now imagine what google is storing and what they're doing with that data.
That’s true, but the issue I see is that if you are paying to be a part of a private online community you would expect them to protect your privacy, not build up psychological profiles of you

Top Bottom