Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If I were a human and you were a computer.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
A computer doesn’t think until it gets an input.

Then it thinks incessantly until it produces an output.

A human thinks incessantly until it gets an input. This is the only moment that the thinking stops. It only stops for the duration of the input.

Then it thinks incessantly until it has an output.

Then it thinks incessantly on how to eliminate any more inputs and outputs.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
What do you mean a human stops once it gets an input
Human thinking stops during the input. Like if you are in a car accident. You are not thinking during the input of the accident, you are purely reacting. Once the accident is over, you thinking resumes.

Thinking is in mind analysis and mental commentary.

QuanChi

Elite
Human thinking stops during the input. Like if you are in a car accident. You are not thinking during the input of the accident, you are purely reacting. Once the accident is over, you thinking resumes.

Hmm, I need to think about this and the OP some more

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
Humans seek out input and also avoid it. Good input: thrill seeking. Bad input: drama.

Rube Reaper

Elite

Hmm, I need to think about this and the OP some more
Who cares as long as the input and output are vaccinated?

QuanChi

Elite
I have though about this and I think OP is right. It’s kind of like the mind verses observer dichotomy. Humans have some part of themselves that observes their thinking. How could we listen to our minds otherwise? When something is happening and we are paying complete attention to it, the thinking stops. I do think people can train their minds to get in the observer state without needing an input (think meditation)

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
I have though about this and I think OP is right. It’s kind of like the mind verses observer dichotomy. Humans have some part of themselves that observes their thinking. How could we listen to our minds otherwise? When something is happening and we are paying complete attention to it, the thinking stops. I do think people can train their minds to get in the observer state without needing an input (think meditation)
Then it thinks incessantly on how to eliminate any more inputs and outputs.

Top Bottom