Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to Fund your Hobby.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
When I got married, my wife made it clear that any purchases above $50 needed both our approval. As a new husband, I liked this rule. I had heard so many stories about wives that spend too much. I was happy that mine was frugal. I soon realized that rule also was for me.

I loved computers and computer games long before I met her. So, the next time I bought a new game for $60.00, she reminded me about the rule. Fuck. 3 months later, I wanted a new game and so I did the right thing and asked her if I could get it. Yea, you guessed it. She said no….. Fuck. Fuck. I realized that this would always be the case. I could never get a new game.

Sure, I could have just broken the rule and did what I wanted, but then, so could she. Nice heels cost over $50.00 too. I had to figure out how to get what I wanted. So, I did.

I registered a sole proprietorship and created a real business. I created a website and sold computer products. Monitors, hard drives, speakers, RAM, etc. I sold enough to make a profit of about $8k per year. I used the profits to purchase a better gaming computer and all the games I wanted. All those purchases were tax deductible from the profits of the company. Justified purchases for infrastructure and Research and Development. No investment of Husband Wife money spent. So, no $50.00 rule.

You can fund your hobby. How fun can that be?

D

Deleted member 2886

When I got married, my wife made it clear that any purchases above $50 needed both our approval. As a new husband, I liked this rule. I had heard so many stories about wives that spend too much. I was happy that mine was frugal. I soon realized that rule also was for me.

I loved computers and computer games long before I met her. So, the next time I bought a new game for $60.00, she reminded me about the rule. Fuck. 3 months later, I wanted a new game and so I did the right thing and asked her if I could get it. Yea, you guessed it. She said no….. Fuck. Fuck. I realized that this would always be the case. I could never get a new game.

Sure, I could have just broken the rule and did what I wanted, but then, so could she. Nice heels cost over $50.00 too. I had to figure out how to get what I wanted. So, I did.

I registered a sole proprietorship and created a real business. I created a website and sold computer products. Monitors, hard drives, speakers, RAM, etc. I sold enough to make a profit of about $8k per year. I used the profits to purchase a better gaming computer and all the games I wanted. All those purchases were tax deductible from the profits of the company. Justified purchases for infrastructure and Research and Development. No investment of Husband Wife money spent. So, no $50.00 rule.

You can fund your hobby. How fun can that be?
So, does your wife also have a side gig of her own as well?

Curious as to why ya didn't simply save $20 a month, technically bypassing this "$50 rule"?

Or even seeking some kind of equally beneficial compromise?

Kudos for the creation of a profitable business and all that.

Though what you've described seems highly peculiar for many reasons aye.

i do have a fun hobby, which generates the necessary funds to maintain perpetuation,... and much more.
Probably won't interest ya though.

Good luck man.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
That was our early years. We Shared a banking account.

As we both became more successful in our careers, I convinced her that we should not restrict someone’s wants because the other doesn’t value it. So we discussed them, but the veto was removed.

What part seemed peculiar to you?

D

Deleted member 2886

That was our early years. We Shared a banking account.

As we both became more successful in our careers, I convinced her that we should not restrict someone’s wants because the other doesn’t value it. So we discussed them, but the veto was removed.

What part seemed peculiar to you?
Are you addressing my post?
Seems like it is, yet it's really odd that you—yet again—avoid directly replying.

Am i to guess?
Or do you believe me psychic?

You and i both know this is a repeating pattern of yours, which i don't know what has been motivated by.

Have i somehow caused offense at some point and this is simply a neverending passive-aggressive coping mechanism?

i will not answer the question you have posed unless you demonstrate simple common courtesy.

And, ffs, ya haven't even bloody well fulfilled the premise of this thread:-
"How to Fund your Hobby"

Was the idea to copy your "hobby funding venture"?
Can't quite tell aye, coz, frankly, it seems like veiled gloating.

FYI, my "hobby funding hobby" generates a whole lot more each week—every week of the year, than yours does in a year.

It initially cost ~$2000nzd to setup, and maintenance costs are around $100/m.

What do i do with all this money?

i save,....i give to various worthy causes and independent charities,...i spend little on self— beyond basic necessities as i live a minimalistic lifestyle.

Am i bragging?

The fuck would the point of that be.

i am merely stating fact.

i have previously—freely shared my "hobby" and how it functions with the TFSF community—so others may freely benefit from it.

That's it.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
About 2 days before my first anniversary I bought a new dirt bike (KTM of course) top of the line bike for woods racing. Fuel injection was new thing on these bikes it was badass but not cheap compared to normals bikes. Didn’t tell her anything about it until I went to go pick it up.
Overdrafted the bank account and forgot to put money in and it was hilarious. Didn’t have to go anywhere that weekend and got to go ride.
Still had sex.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
Are you addressing my post?
Seems like it is, yet it's really odd that you—yet again—avoid directly replying.

Am i to guess?
Or do you believe me psychic?

You and i both know this is a repeating pattern of yours, which i don't know what has been motivated by.

Have i somehow caused offense at some point and this is simply a neverending passive-aggressive coping mechanism?

i will not answer the question you have posed unless you demonstrate simple common courtesy.

And, ffs, ya haven't even bloody well fulfilled the premise of this thread:-
"How to Fund your Hobby"

Was the idea to copy your "hobby funding venture"?
Can't quite tell aye, coz, frankly, it seems like veiled gloating.

FYI, my "hobby funding hobby" generates a whole lot more each week—every week of the year, than yours does in a year.

It initially cost ~$2000nzd to setup, and maintenance costs are around $100/m.

What do i do with all this money?

i save,....i give to various worthy causes and independent charities,...i spend little on self— beyond basic necessities as i live a minimalistic lifestyle.

Am i bragging?

The fuck would the point of that be.

i am merely stating fact.

i have previously—freely shared my "hobby" and how it functions with the TFSF community—so others may freely benefit from it.

That's it.
I was responding to your post. Sorry I did it wrong. Nothing was intentional in that mistake.

Top Bottom