Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How cold is it where you are?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
We're at 49 right now. We're at 39 this morning. Going to be at 30 in the morning. Quickest it's gotten this cold in a while on the GOAT coast.

I'm back in the upstate, freezing my ass off. 52° now, was 34° going in to work this morning at 6. 25° is our low tonight...heading to the lowcountry tomorrow for the coldest Thanksgiving I can remember in the lower part of the goat.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I think that has to do with solar winds and such, but don't think the weather on earth is any warmer or cooler because of it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
I never know if @Timothy is being serious or not. Could be a knock on global warming or could be a legitimate thing, I’m incredible gullible and am willing to buy into most anything

Timothy

Elite
I am serious. Solar cycles are not describing winds.

research the little ice age and how that correlated to solar cycles. Then look at how cycles 24 and 25 correlate to the sunspot patterns observed at the onset of that cold snap that lasted a decade.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I am serious. Solar cycles are not describing winds.

research the little ice age and how that correlated to solar cycles. Then look at how cycles 24 and 25 correlate to the sunspot patterns observed at the onset of that cold snap that lasted a decade.

Hi of 54 today but at least the sun will be out. Nice day to take the dog for a walk on the beach.

Timothy

Elite
what we did not know back then was why the sun output dropped. now we do, because we have seen major flares starting in 2000. These flares are like releasing twisted rubber bands that have to be wound back up over time. Before 2000, the bands were wound up tight, and our climate was in the “modern warming period”.

sadly, it is getting harder to research this topic using Google searches, because it offers another explanation for climate change. I have observed this firsthand, because the articles I looked up using Google 10 years ago are now hard to find.

Antarctica just finished its coldest overall winter since we’ve been down there taking measurements. Last year, TX lost their power grid over a deep freeze. I hear that this winter is expected to be a cold one.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
We're at 49 right now. We're at 39 this morning. Going to be at 30 in the morning. Quickest it's gotten this cold in a while on the GOAT coast.
32 mtp at 6am.28 Georgetown 7am today.
Fucking heater took a sgit in .y old work truck. I almost poured hot chocolate on myself. I'm glad though. A couple good colds keeps the mosquitoes small next summer

Top Bottom