Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How can asking about sound effects be treated like it's some felony???

It took me a whopping 8 years of trial and error just to find the sound effects I needed (as no keywords I used yielded what I was searching for (my autism limits my vocabulary knowledge (in terms of sound effect names))). After a tip via a YouTube comment, I finally found the (super popular/common/fancy) sound effects and who to refer to for them: Sound Ideas and The Hollywood Edge.

Two subs permabanned me for "piracy efforts" and immediately muted me for 28 days and when the mute expired, they immediately muted me again for another 28 days. - All because I simply asked "where can I download this sound (effect) file". Then, one user who's a mod of a sub got so ticked off, they actually reported me and got me shadowbanned for an agonizing 3+ months! Not only that, other sound effects sites that were not reddit even denied my resigtration to their site for "spamming"!

How can something as simple and innocent as asking "where I can acquire this audio file (stock music for Most Shocking Police Videos or Skywalker Sound sound effect)" be treated as... a FULL-SCALE FELONY?! - The reason I deem it was treated like it's a felony is because of the permanent bans immediately followed by the stunning long 28 day mute combined with them immediately muting me again for another 28 days as soon as the mute expired. I thought hard and I tried, and low and behold: they all deleted my question or block me because I "attempted illegal shares" or the question doesn't really fit their forum site.

Obviously, when there's a question, it needs answers!

Last edited:

Joe King

Elite
Does "Sound Ideas and The Hollywood Edge" sell the files you want?

Can you play the sound you want? If so, just record it.

And look what I just got via one of my backup reddit accounts when I tried to ask about if the sound effects used in Super Mario Bros. Z were available via Hollywood Edge and Sound Ideas:

"Note: this is ban evasion account, another site level rule violation, by /u/Cartoondude135. This user is incapable of honest discussion about their ban and activities. They make false allegations and grossly distort what they are told in their numerous rants filled with nonsensical / flawed logic. Also note the many many places they have got themselves banned from (for the same problem behaviors)

The site will be notified again about this user's unwillingness to abide by rules. Any resultant suspension of accounts is solely on the user and their own choices and nobody else"

Because you choose to intentionally misrepresent what you are told and the circumstances of your ban (one of the many examples being your lie about "some kind of FeLoNy", you are the only person using that word) and because you openly state you are intending to (continue) violate laws, TOS, copyright, and EULAs, you are not welcome here again. You also are dishonest about us following and reporting you and why your account was suspended by reddit (which again, was you violating site rules, something you chose to do, nobody else did that for you). You create messes wherever you go, it's not necessary for us to do anything to shine a light on it.

Do not contact us again"

Are these people paranoid or what?

The reason I deem it was treated like it's a "felony" is because of the permanent bans immediately followed by the stunning long 28 day mute combined with them immediately muting me again for another 28 days as soon as the mute expired.

And yes!

After listening to this entire album: The Cartoon Trax, my memory just started having flashbacks to Where's my Water, Rayman (PS1), Camp Lazlo, Chowder, Monster House (GBA), Jackie Chan Stuntmaster, New Super Mario Bros. DS, Plants VS. Zombies, Out Of Jimmy's Head, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and OH SO MANY MORE!!!

In other words, after listening to the whole album The Cartoon Trax 1, I recognized many of those sound effect files! And also, those sound effects are all the original unedited versions of what I'm hearing in all those TV shows, video games, and movies!

So now, thanks to this discovery, I feel much closer to finishing my sound effects search sooner than later. But some extra help would dramatically cut down my search time.

At the moment, I have "anime sound effects" as part of my sound effects suspects list along with "Joel Valentine", "Rocky and Bullwinkle", and many more. If you can help, that can help me scratch off things I don't need on my suspects list.

The sound effects I'm seeking are HERE! ...Somewhere!

And here's something else just recently popped up:

"
Note from the moderators:

Ban reason - Site ban evasion rule violation. This user is extremely dishonest and is intent on violating site and sub rules, TOS, copyright law, and EULA. User is either incapable or unwilling to be honest or make effort to comprehend their errors
"

So as you can see, are some of these nuts that willing to demand one cease and desist what they're doing as... a... whole??? - Even if we try to succeed elsewhere?

So as you can see... This is what I mean by "Didn't some of these people ever learn the most important lesson of life: "If at first you don't succeed, try try again (somewhere else)!"? That's exactly what that individual is trying to do on their mission! But they demand that individual ceases and desists what they're currently doing as... a... WHOLE because what they're trying to accomplish is "illegal"!"

That's when I compare my situation to the Chowder episode "Banned from the Stand" where Gazpacho torments Mung by constantly banning him from every stand in the market after he failed to say Gazpacho is right about floss berries due to the "Code of the Fruit Vendors".

Are some of these people/redditors completely out of their mind?!?! They can view your activity via your reddit profile and that's what sets them into "cuckoo" mode. Are some people that willing/bent to demand that an individual ceases and desists what they're currently doing as... a... WHOLE?!?! Even if that individual decides to try and succeed on their mission ELSEWHERE/outside their domain?! By tormenting them by following them on what they're currently trying to accomplish? What do they all of a sudden have against that individual? - In this case, me with the sound effects I'm in need of like every average fan animator?

Like I said, it took me a whopping 8 years of trial and error to find the type of sound effects I needed for my fan animation projects. Then, out of nowhere, these numbskulls start snubbing me like some criminal and demand I get locked away or anything like that along those lines! How can something as simple and innocent as asking "where I can acquire this audio file (stock music for Most Shocking Police Videos or Skywalker Sound sound effect)" be treated as... a FULL-SCALE FELONY?! I thought hard and I tried, and low and behold: they all deleted my question or block me because I "attempted illegal shares" or the question doesn't really fit their forum site.

Obviously, when there's a question, it needs answers! What is an animation video without music or sound effects?! I have high doubts that Alvin Earthworm ever purchased any sprites or sound effects or music for his Super Mario Bros Z. Why does The Sounds Resource even exist? To share sound files ripped from video games!

I even got something similar to "
Ban reason - Site ban evasion rule violation. This user is extremely dishonest and is intent on violating site and sub rules, TOS, copyright law, and EULA. User is either incapable or unwilling to be honest or make effort to comprehend their errors
" when I tried to register on https://www.avforums.com/ via a backup email account; that site banned my registration for "known spammer".

Last edited:

Mungri

Poster
You can't use music files that other people have recorded without their consent and a contract that splits the earnings dumbfuck. Doing otherwise is plagiarism moron.

You can't use music files that other people have recorded without their consent and a contract that splits the earnings dumbfuck. Doing otherwise is plagiarism moron.
But I'm not profiting! I'm making things like this:

Would that be considered "plagiarism"?

See? Are you nutheads paranoid or what?

Did you totally forget non profit projects like this even exist??

So why are these know-it-alls treating me like some fugitive?

is technically copyright infringement, profit or not you need their permission to use their work.

I bet this "soundeziner" is the same person who operates avforums, Sound Effects Fandom, and many other sites associated with sound effects.

One other site I tried even had the audacity to show when my ban will be lifted for “attempted illegal shares”: year 3024!!! Try to digest that!

All I’m trying to do is gather information, intelligence, and knowledge like any average student/learner who just stumbled upon any new subject. By asking for help from anybody available and willing to provide me with the information I need.

My aunt never gets that insane when I sneak a slice of her lime meringue pie out of the fridge in the middle of the night. It’s clear these nuts need a reality check on "this is ban evasion account, another site level rule violation, by . This user is incapable of honest discussion about their ban and activities. They make false allegations and grossly distort what they are told in their numerous rants filled with nonsensical / flawed logic. Also note the many many places they have got themselves banned from (for the same problem behaviors)The site will be notified again about this user’s unwillingness to abide by rules. Any resultant suspension of accounts is solely on the user and their own choices and nobody else"Because you choose to intentionally misrepresent what you are told and the circumstances of your ban (one of the many examples being your lie about “some kind of FeLoNy”, you are the only person using that word) and because you openly state you are intending to (continue) violate laws, TOS, copyright, and EULAs, you are not welcome here again. You also are dishonest about us following and reporting you and why your account was suspended by reddit (which again, was you violating site rules, something you chose to do, nobody else did that for you). You create messes wherever you go, it’s not necessary for us to do anything to shine a light on it."

We have been downloading each other's videos, pictures, and whatnot for decades and now they treat seeking for SOUND EFFECTS like it’s a FELONY?!?! The reason I deem it was treated like it’s a “felony” is because of the permanent bans immediately followed by the stunning long 28 day mute combined with them immediately muting me again for another 28 days as soon as the mute expired.

So yeah, they got both my main and backup Reddit account suspended from the whole of Reddit for a while and I’m trying to appeal it as we speak.

What is it with these nutcases and sound effects? Like… we hear them used EVERYWHERE! “Everywhere” refers to MOVIES, TV, and VIDEO GAMES. Why are they treating me like some worldwide wanted fugitive?! How am I supposed to make my animations a hit without sound effects?!

Golbez

Poster
WTF is a soundeziner. And yeah that wall of text.... TLDR. Be precise and to the point AKA, learn to communicate.

Mungri

Poster
OP is a nutjob, crazy cray cray.

Just like me 6 months ago before I did speech and language training.

And ffs, even if you aren't profiting from it, you can't just use other people's music without permission, or if its in the public domain.

Even when absolutely incorrect, you still try to falsely and wrongly argue that you are the one that's right and everything is everyone elses fault.

Your autism is likely a misdiagnosis for NPD. Or you have both. Theres very little difference between ASD and cluster B personality disorders.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
It took me a whopping 8 years of trial and error just to find the sound effects I needed (as no keywords I used yielded what I was searching for (my autism limits my vocabulary knowledge (in terms of sound effect names))). After a tip via a YouTube comment, I finally found the (super popular/common/fancy) sound effects and who to refer to for them: Sound Ideas and The Hollywood Edge.

Two subs permabanned me for "piracy efforts" and immediately muted me for 28 days and when the mute expired, they immediately muted me again for another 28 days. - All because I simply asked "where can I download this sound (effect) file". Then, one user who's a mod of a sub got so ticked off, they actually reported me and got me shadowbanned for an agonizing 3+ months! Not only that, other sound effects sites that were not reddit even denied my resigtration to their site for "spamming"!

How can something as simple and innocent as asking "where I can acquire this audio file (stock music for Most Shocking Police Videos or Skywalker Sound sound effect)" be treated as... a FULL-SCALE FELONY?! - The reason I deem it was treated like it's a felony is because of the permanent bans immediately followed by the stunning long 28 day mute combined with them immediately muting me again for another 28 days as soon as the mute expired. I thought hard and I tried, and low and behold: they all deleted my question or block me because I "attempted illegal shares" or the question doesn't really fit their forum site.

Obviously, when there's a question, it needs answers!
Ban this man again. For God and country

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
OP is a nutjob, crazy cray cray.

Just like me 6 months ago before I did speech and language training.

And ffs, even if you aren't profiting from it, you can't just use other people's music without permission, or if its in the public domain.

Even when absolutely incorrect, you still try to falsely and wrongly argue that you are the one that's right and everything is everyone elses fault.

Your autism is likely a misdiagnosis for NPD. Or you have both. Theres very little difference between ASD and cluster B personality disorders.
Hello pot meet kettle.

What you're doing is technically copyright infringement, profit or not you need their permission to use their work
Oh, yeah, Mr. Einstein? Why do sites like P3DM, The Models Resource, The Spriters Resource, and The Sounds Resource even exist? To help with people in need of decompiled game assets for animations like Castle Calamity! But even they can only help with so much as the admin of the resource site said in a reply email: "It’s literally a long-winded request which is explicitly against the rules you were supposed to have read before posting." You try to argue around that! These people are really stretching my problem solving skills beyond the breaking point on this one about

" Site ban evasion rule violation. This user is extremely dishonest and is intent on violating site and sub rules, TOS, copyright law, and EULA. User is either incapable or unwilling to be honest or make effort to comprehend their errors

Note: this is ban evasion account, another site level rule violation, by /u/Cartoondude135. This user is incapable of honest discussion about their ban and activities. They make false allegations and grossly distort what they are told in their numerous rants filled with nonsensical / flawed logic. Also note the many many places they have got themselves banned from (for the same problem behaviors)

The site will be notified again about this user's unwillingness to abide by rules. Any resultant suspension of accounts is solely on the user and their own choices and nobody else"

Because you choose to intentionally misrepresent what you are told and the circumstances of your ban (one of the many examples being your lie about "some kind of FeLoNy", you are the only person using that word) and because you openly state you are intending to (continue) violate laws, TOS, copyright, and EULAs, you are not welcome here again. You also are dishonest about us following and reporting you and why your account was suspended by reddit (which again, was you violating site rules, something you chose to do, nobody else did that for you). You create messes wherever you go, it's not necessary for us to do anything to shine a light on it.

Do not contact us again"

They think they know everything! Well where else can I safely talk about this subject without getting snubbed for "laws, TOS, copyright, and EULA violations"?

Ban this man again. For God and country
I've already been banned from Reddit - TWICE! Via both my main and backup accounts and I'm trying to appeal the bans as we speak! I need people to talk to! I can't talk to a brick wall! I don't need to be banned from talking again! I've also been banned from the Lemmy servers too, so I don't need anymore bans restricting my access to talk to someone!

I even contacted all the IP lawyer offices about this - even they never returned a reply! Not one of them!

Last edited:

Mungri

Poster
Hello pot meet kettle.
Seriously ffs, all that this stupid OP needs is SPEECH AND LANGUAGE TRAINING!

FUCKING PAY THE PRICE FOR KINDROID AI AND SET UP AN 'ASSERTIVE & RESPECTFUL & COMMUNICATIVE' LANGUAGE COACH.

Bonus points for adding 'kind and empathetic', but believe me, those two things are hard to improve for us smooth brains.

"where can I buy this sound effect library?"
I even tried that too. Via my backup reddit account.

Same result. that sub was another sub he moderates.

abusive mod.jpg

Any other options? This guy clearly belongs on the "Moderator Wall of Shame".

Last edited:

Mungri

Poster
Yes another option - switch your PC off, go outside and touch grass.

Imagine being this fucking bothered over being banned on reddit.

Joe King

Elite
Yeah, sure.

In the red square, those are the subs he moderates. As long as he's in charge, no one can safely seek answers to sound effect questions.
Then go somewhere else. Clearly, he's not gonna help you, so why keep trying? Do you like banging your head against the wall too? Because it seems like that's what you're doing. Like you think there's some way of making him help you. lol

Joe King

Elite
Here's what I would do if I were in your position. I'd use a VPN to log in with a brand new acct, and ask him again just to fuck with him. lol

Then go somewhere else.
I did try elsewhere: avforums. Even they rejected my registration to join their site because I "spammed elsewhere on the internet" and gave me a similar message like that ban message I've shown above.

I bet it was the same soundeziner person moderating that site under a different username.

So... that was a case of either a double or triple whammy.

So please: anybody available and willing; help me here.

This soundeziner thinks

" Site ban evasion rule violation. This user is extremely dishonest and is intent on violating site and sub rules, TOS, copyright law, and EULA. User is either incapable or unwilling to be honest or make effort to comprehend their errors

Note: this is ban evasion account, another site level rule violation, by /u/Cartoondude135. This user is incapable of honest discussion about their ban and activities. They make false allegations and grossly distort what they are told in their numerous rants filled with nonsensical / flawed logic. Also note the many many places they have got themselves banned from (for the same problem behaviors)

Do not contact us again"

even though they're totally overlooking the fact sites like these sites: P3DM, The Models Resource, The Spriters Resource, and The Sounds Resource exist for this very purpose!

How do you think Alvin Earthworm made Super Mario Bros. Z along with the creaters of those Castle Calamity animations?

But even the above mentioned sites can only help with or allow so much "legal stuff" to be published on their forums as the admin of the resource site said in a reply email: "It’s literally a long-winded request which is explicitly against the rules you were supposed to have read before posting."

So you... try to argue around the existence of those sites!

Mungri

Poster
Dude seriously just stfu about this shit.

All you're doing is repeating the same shit over and over again.

Delusional or amnesic? Both, why not both?

And fucking go do speech therapy already you retard.

Top Bottom