Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey Nape- Your Peppers are in the Ground

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Hell yea!! They will grow like kudzu in that NC sun.

Mine are taking a beating this week. The tornado and 1.5” of rain Sunday and we’ve had over 4” since Thursday. What doesn’t kill em makes em stronger tho.

im looking forward to the process. This is the first time I have ever done a garden from ground up.

we do have tomatoes growing in a planter. They are monsters

image.jpg

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Yea, they can be mother fuckers for sure. The ghost are way hotter though.

When I ferment the mash they lose a lot of that stupid raw heat and become more flavorful.
Would you consider ghost hotter than Carolina reapers?

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
No, but they are a natural chile. Reapers aren’t. Not a fan of reapers either. The flavor is awful and the heat is ridiculous. I have no use for something like that. Ghosts have great flavor and then they kick you in the balls.
100% agreed.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
My gardens are chock full of mushroom compost and cow manure compost. Add in our naturally dark and rich soil and you have the perfect medium for growing fruit.
I used worm castings when they were in vogue 40 years or so ago. They were very rich. I tried growing "a green leafy weed" with 100% casting and it took off but after 3 feet it died due to being burned out on too rich soil. I learned to augment it with potting soil or just dirt and it did much better. Used some of my Dad's green house African violet soil in his green house until one morning they were gone. All he said was "there will be no more "peach tree" growing on my property.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
My peppers are barely making it. I think the soil quality is lousy- gonna get the County Extension Agent out here to tell me how to do this correctly

Latest posts

Top Bottom