Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help me understand

eb102993

Poster
Why cannot police use tranquilizers on unruly folks?

Tazers don’t seem to work well. Lots of those possessed crazies are unfazed and just keep going.

I 100% agree that if you comply you will be fine but people don’t get it and end up getting shot or dying anyway.

If I shoot you with a tranquilizer and you go to sleep and I handcuff you and put you in my police car, then I feel I have done my job and nobody dies, we’ll maybe some if they have adverse effects to what I’m using. The current option is bullet and possible death anyway and I personally would rather be darted if I’m acting like a shit head.

Why isn’t this an option? Am I dumb to think this?

eb102993

Poster
BTW in the Adam Toledo situation I do want to have a gun. A dart will not help me to make split second life or death decision.

eb102993

Poster
Well there’s the occasional criminal who has an actual gun.
I agree with you. I am saying if I am at the point where I feel I’m in a taser situation then give me a dart to put you to sleep so I can safely apprehend you

TJHall1

Legendary
I agree with you. I am saying if I am at the point where I feel I’m in a taser situation then give me a dart to put you to sleep so I can safely apprehend you
How long does this take to go into affect? If its not instantly putting them down you could be dead.

eb102993

Poster
How long does this take to go into affect? If its not instantly putting them down you could be dead.
Ok, if I darted George Floyd when he resisted and took him to jail would we still have this BS going on? Probably because everything is backwards right now

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Not to mention dosage, with potential targets varying in weight from one to over 400lbs. Dose for the huge mfer, and you kill the little guy. Dose for the little guy and it doesn't work on the big one. Decent idea in theory, but not in practice.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Great comment @eb102993 - Rest assured that new technology is going to provide the police with a non-lethal magic bullet that will instantly incapacitate a maniac. The reason I know this is absolutely true is that there is billions of dollars to be made by the company that will revolutionize the use of lethal force. How many times have we all seen moves that introduce amazing powers wielded by super heroes only to see it become reality within a short time.

The cell phone was invented by a Motorola engineering who was a trekkie and said to himself - "why can't we have a small hand held communications device like the one used by the crew of the starship Enterprise.

eb102993

Poster
Not to mention dosage, with potential targets varying in weight from one to over 400lbs. Dose for the huge mfer, and you kill the little guy. Dose for the little guy and it doesn't work on the big one. Decent idea in theory, but not in practice.
Yeah I get that. People are dying the current way anyway. We couldn’t have different types? The Shaq dose, the Verne Troyer dose....etc. or is that too much thinking while in the moment?

eb102993

Poster
Great comment @eb102993 - Rest assured that new technology is going to provide the police with a non-lethal magic bullet that will instantly incapacitate a maniac. The reason I know this is absolutely true is that there is billions of dollars to be made by the company that will revolutionize the use of lethal force. How many times have we all seen moves that introduce amazing powers wielded by super heroes only to see it become reality within a short time.

The cell phone was invented by a Motorola engineering who was a trekkie and said to himself - "why can't we have a small hand held communications device like the one used by the crew of the starship Enterprise.
Perfect. So with the information I have gathered here, my dart gun will calculate the weight of the individual, make the perfect tranquilizer concoction and problem solved.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Why cannot police use tranquilizers on unruly folks?

Tazers don’t seem to work well. Lots of those possessed crazies are unfazed and just keep going.

I 100% agree that if you comply you will be fine but people don’t get it and end up getting shot or dying anyway.

If I shoot you with a tranquilizer and you go to sleep and I handcuff you and put you in my police car, then I feel I have done my job and nobody dies, we’ll maybe some if they have adverse effects to what I’m using. The current option is bullet and possible death anyway and I personally would rather be darted if I’m acting like a shit head.

Why isn’t this an option? Am I dumb to think this?

Adverse reactions with other drugs would be the main issue. No way to know what is in their system.

Top Bottom