Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help me build a gaming PC please

CarolinaBound2038

Poster
Founder

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
How long would somebody like this last? 2-3 years? Can it be modded in the future?
I bought a budget gaming PC like this one maybe 4-5 years ago and it’s still fine. Its always pretty easy to upgrade storage space or RAM, but you really shouldn’t need to.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So looking at the posts on there they recommend getting another 8gb stick of ram and you prob want to add an additional HDD for excess storage space which you can do internally or externally

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You linked a $600 build that could have used a few upgrades. Anything that has all of that and around 1K
Oh I gotcha. Remember if you want a good PC experience you need good peripherals too, so you could put the rest of your budget into a nice monitor (or 2), keyboard, mouse.

Sandford’s_Finest

Poster
Founder
I’ve always wondered - how quickly can a PC gamer get acclimated to the forward/backward/left/right keys? If I remember correctly it is WASD, but my concern with moving would be that I’d constantly fat-finger the keys and screw up my movement, like I do with a guitar fretboard. I know that PC aiming and firing is superior to consoles with the mouse/keyboard setup as opposed to the console controllers but does how much practice does it take to be comfortable with all the keyboard commands?

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
I use to play on PC (Team Fortress) and I think movement is much faster on PC. Game play is faster and more fluid on PC imo. My kid told me good PC players can "clap" good console players.

Sandford’s_Finest

Poster
Founder
I use to play on PC (Team Fortress) and I think movement is much faster on PC. My kid told me good PC players can "clap" good console players.
Loved Team Fortress 2, and really the whole Orange Box. I’ve heard my son talk about clapping other players in Fortnite. Back a few years ago it was called popping collars, and before that I don’t know. I remember DougFPS with the Boom Headshot! memes.

Top Bottom