Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heartbroken: have to put my pup down Friday::

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Got Jack in April of 2014. Last month his tail got an infection, it’s spread to his back legs and after a long treatment plan, it’s not any better. I could pay 3k for surgery but at his age it’s no guarantee it would work or if he would survive it.

Gonna cook him a fat ribeye Thursday night and hold my boy.

I can’t handle taking him to the vet so dad is gonna take him Friday morning.

It’s rough. Been sobbing since the news came down today

75F62688-F1F5-4061-87BF-C6288F76BF64.jpeg824B1688-72BB-4BEE-BD02-7930575E89C2.jpeg97F4CB8D-4869-4B6B-BB9F-B88EE9B64542.jpegDF6B217C-2A8A-43DC-ADFF-00A10B11C7AF.jpeg5CF92C12-F32C-48D4-9C18-2E638C89C63D.jpegCA23221F-380D-4134-9824-6F836C1FF3EF.jpeg

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
When I was 24 I came home( from Florida to Ohio) to put my boy down. I got him when I was 10 and he was having heart failure and his hips were shot. I never really got to see how bad he was until my last visit. When I’d come home he’d get that puppy bounce back in his step. I cooked him up a steak and he road in my lap to the vet. He road home in my lap and I laid him to rest in my parents back yard with a sock of mine.

He was my Hunter Bunter a black lab that could jump 4 ft in the air, was always ready for a cookie and was my best friend, he deserved to have me there, and I wanted to be there for him. Lord knows he was always there for me.

Be there for your boy. I’ve never regretted being there for mine.

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

OPD77

Elite
Got Jack in April of 2014. Last month his tail got an infection, it’s spread to his back legs and after a long treatment plan, it’s not any better. I could pay 3k for surgery but at his age it’s no guarantee it would work or if he would survive it.

View attachment 153826View attachment 153827View attachment 153828View attachment 153829View attachment 153830View attachment 153831
I'm so sorry...I can't imagine having to do that. I lost my pup for an hour in Ruston, La right on I 20 because of some stupid hotel maid and I lost my shit. My heart goes out to you Brother.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

View attachment 153826View attachment 153827View attachment 153828View attachment 153829View attachment 153830View attachment 153831

Sorry dude

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Sorry to hear this. The compassionate household vets are the way to go. You need to be there for your little buddy in his final moments looking into his eyes. It’s just part of the deal. He needs to be as comfortable as possible and your presence will make that possible.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Hate that. I hope you reconsider being there at the end. I cried like a girl when we put our last dog down, but held her til she passed. I didnt want her last memories to be that I wasn't there for her.

Stupid, I know...but itnis what it is.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder

Prayers man..... sorry

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
My dad, PapaDong said you guys waste to much food.
wTjnMrf.jpg

I had to bury my cat vertically cause all I had was my PHD. True story. No AI shit.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Thinking about you this evening @d-tiger45
He laid at my feet all day and I petted him plenty. Cooked him a ribeye for dinner and gave him a bath. He’s gonna look like a stallion crossing the bridge:

He still doesn’t know why I’ve been sobbing all day.

Thanks for the well wishes. Tomorrow is gonna suck badly

sanction

Legendary
Founder

I’m very sorry. I have walked that path and
it sucks.

He looks like a good boy.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
We've all been there and know the heartbreak you are having. It's rough but it's also your final gift to your dog. I'm sorry. Cherish your memories as they will accompany you for the rest of your life and they will all be the good times you had together.

Every year when I put up my Christmas tree I recall when I was a child our cat climbing the tree and it falling down on us as we opened gifts. My siblings and Mother still laugh about that.

May your broken heart be filled with peace.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Sorry Dtiger

racernhra

Elite
Founder
Finally coming to understand what’s going to happen and getting to feeling better about the decision. Today was the first day I haven’t cried all day.
Sorry you have to do this. I don’t k know if it helps much but I tried and tried to help my girl get better to a fault. Several trips to my university’s vet med program. By the look in her eyes I knew she was miserable. But I had hope and wanted to do whatever I could.

Long story short, I woke up one morning to bloody diarrhea all over the kitchen and she was gone. She died alone. That was 8 years ago and it’s still a major regret I live with. I hope and pray that you find peace and realize you’re doing what’s best.

dirty022

Elite
It always sucks. Just think they won't be in pain anymore. Having a mobile vet is a gamechanger, I'll only go back to a normal vet if absolutely neccessary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom