Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Has anyone ever laughed at a funeral?

Npklee

Elite
Went with my wife today to her second cousins funeral. White guy who has a troubled past but was a good guy. Death was unexpected and accidental.

Anyways I wear a suit because well I thought that’s what you are supposed to do. I was the only one in a suit and tie minus the preacher. Most were in jeans and a polo. A few hoodies, a couple of button ups. No shorts though. Too cold up here.

The preacher announces they will play a song for him and over the speakers comes “Life goes on” by Tupac..... unedited for all 5 minutes. The look on the preachers face for the first of many N bombs (a not er at least) was priceless. I had to begin reading the program to keep from laughing. Wife told me after that she couldn’t look at me because she knew I was trying not to laugh and had I started to laugh she would have as well.

By no means was I disrespectful to the deceased. He was a very laid back guy who would have wanted everyone there to be drunk. But just picturing a room that is 90% white with a few black peoples bumping to Tupac with the soft A N-bomb while the preacher was in shock almost made me lose it.

Has anyone here ever had a similar experience?

tgsell

Poster
Went with my wife today to her second cousins funeral. White guy who has a troubled past but was a good guy. Death was unexpected and accidental.

Anyways I wear a suit because well I thought that’s what you are supposed to do. I was the only one in a suit and tie minus the preacher. Most were in jeans and a polo. A few hoodies, a couple of button ups. No shorts though. Too cold up here.

The preacher announces they will play a song for him and over the speakers comes “Life goes on” by Tupac..... unedited for all 5 minutes. The look on the preachers face for the first of many N bombs (a not er at least) was priceless. I had to begin reading the program to keep from laughing. Wife told me after that she couldn’t look at me because she knew I was trying not to laugh and had I started to laugh she would have as well.

By no means was I disrespectful to the deceased. He was a very laid back guy who would have wanted everyone there to be drunk. But just picturing a room that is 90% white with a few black peoples bumping to Tupac with the soft A N-bomb while the preacher was in shock almost made me lose it.

Yeah, I would have been walked out of the service. I really enjoy awkward moments not directly involving me.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Yep. My grandmother's. Not because anythig regarding the service was funny (though she was truly hilarious and just a cool chic. I adored her) but because my idiot cousin's kid was a real life Rupret. My sister and I couldn't unsee it and giggles ensued.

Knowing my grandmother, she was laughing with us.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Only thing close was @ my aunt's funeral in 2006/7. We are all gathered in a great circle outside as they prepare to spread the ashes. Words were offered and then silence as they begin.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to turn my cell phone off, and my dad called triggering Kid Cudi's platinum hit "I'm on the pursuit of happiness"

The looks were brutal as I quickly shut it down. Unbeknownst to me, I failed to put it on silent and he called back

The intensity ratcheted up and got out of there asap. Thought it was hilarious after the fact. Respect and love to Aunt Linda. Her son still sends off negative energy my way

Dad wanted to let me know the Brickyard 400 was on 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Never laughed, but disgusting you were the only one in a suit. Last funeral I went to was about the same. Here in Redneckville, SC, a Columbia fishing shirt tucked in is apparently considered appropriate attire for weddings and funerals. Don't care if I'm the only one, I will always wear a suit to a funeral. It's just basic respect, the way I was raised.

Oh, & lmao @ the 2Pac

Npklee

Elite
Never laughed, but disgusting you were the only one in a suit. Last funeral I went to was about the same. Here in Redneckville, SC, a Columbia fishing shirt tucked in is apparently considered appropriate attire for weddings and funerals. Don't care if I'm the only one, I will always wear a suit to a funeral. It's just basic respect, the way I was raised.

Oh, & lmao @ the 2Pac

his friends got up to speak and at the end of the speech goes well I guess this is appropriate now and ripped off his hoodie that was designed like he worked road construction to show us all his Tupac shirt underneath and then flashed the W with his fingers and said “Westside for life”.

the story from the gf was his death was a gun he was fiddling with accidentally went off. But one of his buddies wore a smith and Wesson shirt with a revolver on the back that said like “my home defense is smith and Wesson”.

I really wish I could have recorded it.

dragworm

Poster
Yeah. I remember laughing a few times during a eulogy where they told a funny story about the departed one.

BluegrassPoke

Poster
I went to a funeral at a fundamentalist Church of Christ church and the deceased’s best friend completed the eulogy and then pulled out a pint of bourbon and poured it into the glass on the pulpit and took a drink. It was hilarious.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Cousin died a few weeks ago, his mother asked everyone to wear bama gear... Was a white trash bananza. Lots of open carry's, camouflage and missing teeth.... I wore a red shirt with my black suit.

MaizeBlaze

I’m just here so I won’t get fined.
Founder

Your wife’s family is very interesting.

Npklee

Elite
Your wife’s family is very interesting.

You have no idea. My moms family is interesting too. At least they voted MAGA though.

At my grandmas funeral I got up to speak and actually told a joke that made everyone laugh. I told a story about how my grandpa always liked to mess with my grandma and get her going.

I said “grandpa always liked to get grandma going and I’ll never forget how he had told her he was going to vote for Hillary Clinton because she was cute. We all knew grandpa was hard of hearing but I guess he was blind too.” The pro maga crowd busted out laughing.

Zigjr

Poster
Founder
When my dad died he wanted the Mennonites to sing at his funeral. So me and my family are all sitting there and they begin to sing. It was sad at first and we’re all teared up trying to hold it in best we can. And they keep singing on and on and on and the deep baritone guy was way off key. At this point you can tell everyone there is probably thinking please God stop. About that time my sister let out a big yelp and started busting out laughing. I gave her the Archie Manning look from the ESPN commercial but she couldn’t help it. Anyhow I didn’t laugh but I still pick at her about it. Closest story I got haha.

yankmenoodle

Elite
Cousin died a few weeks ago, his mother asked everyone to wear bama gear... Was a white trash bananza. Lots of open carry's, camouflage and missing teeth.... I wore a red shirt with my black suit.
A lady at church lost a twenty year old child in a car wreck, and I heard her say”He’s up there with Bear now.” Alabama football is big here.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
I didn't laugh but caused tons of laughs at one. My grandfather's.

I forgot to turn my alarm off and midway thru a prayer my alarm went off and it was the Sanford &Son theme song. Pastor Amick paused his prayer until I could silence the alarm.

Lots of laughs. It did help due to the circumstances. That was one of pops favorite shows.

Top Bottom