Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grilling Thread

BMiller11

Poster
If you don’t have experience with the BGE or other ceramic grills and want to smoke something, start with a pork shoulder. Make sure you have dividers for the indirect heat as well as your preferred type of wood for the smoke flavor.

Find a rub online you think you’d like. Anything with sugar included will help the bark form. Coat liberally. I like to put mustard on first but not necessary. Smoke at 225-250. No need to wrap or inject with liquids. open the grill unless completely necessary.

Buy a Flame Boss or something similar to regulate temp. Pretty much a must have accessory. The fan regulates the temp you set the grill at, then you get a probe for both your meat and grill pit temp.

Start it in the evening. Take it off the next day when meat hits around 200 degrees. Impossible to screw up unless you lose control of the temperature.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Bump from the grave - we need more input here. I'll post pics later for help. Teach me how to get good at the grill FSFers

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Like this version of a steak when I don't want to reverse sear.

Get the egg up as hot as you can.

Throw on steak for 45 seconds a side over flame.

Remove from flame and shut egg down, close all vents. Let it sit in there for about 5-8 minutes depending on how thick steak is. Just a fast great steak.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Like this version of a steak when I don't want to reverse sear.

Get the egg up as hot as you can.

Throw on steak for 45 seconds a side over flame.

Remove from flame and shut egg down, close all vents. Let it sit in there for about 5-8 minutes depending on how thick steak is. Just a fast great steak.
Reverse sear tits in the face?

Latest posts

Top Bottom