Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

got a z grill this week; first time smoking. cooking baby backs

skramer100

Elite
Founder
I’ve been doing it for years. Wife got me the book Meathead by Meathead Goldwyn. It’s really good. Has recipes but first 100+ pages are all about the science. Like how much heat you can get from wood, does your chips need to be soaked. It’s good.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I make my own homegrown, home mashed and fermented cayenne pepper sauce. It would go great with those ribs.

I’ve been growing cayennes, ghost, 3 kinds of habanero, tabasco, and lemon drop peppers. I ferment them all for 8-12 months and make blended sauces based on what my friends want. The cayenne sauce is the base and then I add different mashes to kick up the heat or flavor.

I have 20 years of seeds that I document the flavor, heat, sweetness, and weather that they were grown under. I go back and find seeds that I really like and sprout them over the winter in my indoor grow system. There might be other kinds of seeds in there but those are for me.😌
56120B12-6D55-4482-B0C1-3D6C1B3F903F.jpeg
ADA97476-CC3C-46AE-9801-E5B0579177A4.jpeg

skramer100

Elite
Founder
I make my own homegrown, home mashed and fermented cayenne pepper sauce. It would go great with those ribs.

I’ve been growing cayennes, ghost, 3 kinds of habanero, tabasco, and lemon drop peppers. I ferment them all for 8-12 months and make blended sauces based on what my friends want. The cayenne sauce is the base and then I add different mashes to kick up the heat or flavor.

I have 20 years of seeds that I document the flavor, heat, sweetness, and weather that they were grown under. I go back and find seeds that I really like and sprout them over the winter in my indoor grow system. There might be other kinds of seeds in there but those are for me.😌
View attachment 4696
View attachment 4697
I thought you still lived in Naperville. Now that I know you are only 4 hours or so north I’m coming.

Simmer007

Poster
Founder

View attachment 4696
View attachment 4697
Holy shit!!! Any sparkys wing sauce tho?

move actually just finished tilling my garden and added compost and 10-20-10 plus sulphur. Gonna be my first time gardening, so looking to grow tomato’s peppers and some other stuff

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
Where in Naples. Parents on Isle of Capri. On a point.
My favorite spot down there. Have pals on Marco and we boat that way every time we are down there. We always stop at I of C on our way out to Hurricane Pass for drinking and snook fishing.

We are at Immokalee and Collier, basically. In laws and parents are members at Everglades and Calusa. Our joint is at Heritage Bay and looking to get out as the developer fucked it all up. Was supposed to be private and it isn’t. Looking at Mediterra as we have great friends in there. Collier Reserve is also an option. We got our joint on sale in 2009 and are in a great position.

Lethal34fl2

Poster
Founder
My favorite spot down there. Have pals on Marco and we boat that way every time we are down there. We always stop at I of C on our way out to Hurricane Pass for drinking and snook fishing.

We are at Immokalee and Collier, basically. In laws and parents are members at Everglades and Calusa. Our joint is at Heritage Bay and looking to get out as the developer fucked it all up. Was supposed to be private and it isn’t. Looking at Mediterra as we have great friends in there. Collier Reserve is also an option. We got our joint on sale in 2009 and are in a great position.
I live in Deland but I work in Naples a few days a week, live off 951 and White Blvd. a.k.a. Pine Ridge. Lived in Willoughby acres for 20 years, Beautiful down there but way too much traffic, I have acreage up here for half the price.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I live in Deland but I work in Naples a few days a week, live off 951 and White Blvd. a.k.a. Pine Ridge. Lived in Willoughby acres for 20 years, Beautiful down there but way too much traffic, I have acreage up here for half the price.
That’s the fucking problem. Traffic is atrocious and the infrastructure isn’t keeping up. It doesn’t help that all of the olds don’t know how to drive outside of the left fucking lane.

Lethal34fl2

Poster
Founder
That’s the fucking problem. Traffic is atrocious and the infrastructure isn’t keeping up. It doesn’t help that all of the olds don’t know how to drive outside of the left fucking lane.
Tell me about it, I have a 2500 Dodge stick shift and a 2000 pound water tank in the back for work, they cut me off all the time and swerve so I’m always breaking and downshifting to avoid a collision. I miss the good all days 25 years ago when I could go to the beach no problem but you can’t even find parking now.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Tell me about it, I have a 2500 Dodge stick shift and a 2000 pound water tank in the back for work, they cut me off all the time and swerve so I’m always breaking and downshifting to avoid a collision. I miss the good all days 25 years ago when I could go to the beach no problem but you can’t even find parking now.
When my parents got there in 2000 we could go west on Immokalee and down 41 and be at Mercado in 15 minutes and Tin City or d/t in 20 minutes. Now it’s an hour+ during good times. Awful.

Lethal34fl2

Poster
Founder
When my parents got there in 2000 we could go west on Immokalee and down 41 and be at Mercado in 15 minutes and Tin City or d/t in 20 minutes. Now it’s an hour+ during good times. Awful.
Yep, takes me 45 minutes to get to Marco Island now, back in the day with my motorcycle I could get there in 15 minutes.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Still do. I am here about 70% of the time and in Naples the rest. I grow everything up here as I have some open land.
Gonna send you an FSU flag to fly in Naples. None of that OSU shit in the GOAT. Lol

Brasciole is on the menu today. Debating whether or not to omit the rasinz.... dilemas

skramer100

Elite
Founder

My folks are the big blue house on Capri. Dad got really lucky with property values at crashes. Play Rookery all the time as we are members there. Love going over there, such a great place. Fishing is awesome. We used to hit up Pelican Bend all the time but they changed their fish again and it is not as good, do island gypsy more.
Blue Heron opened up as a new upscale Italian place. You should go and give them pointers.

Top Bottom