Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Golf guise: Ralph Lauren drops JT’s sponsorship for being caught saying “faggot” to himself

lucio

Poster
Founder
JT missed a short putt at the Sentry Tournament of Champions last week and uttered the only appropriate word for that situation, called himself a faggot for missing the putt. Turns out Golf Channel had a mic nearby and he was overheard. He apologized and what not many times and yet the faggots at RL dropped him.
Seems like a turrible business decision iyam. He’a probably top 3 most popular guy in golf plus top 3 in the world

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Only a true faggot would miss that put.

There will be plenty of other sponsors, and he makes plenty of cash without them. He shouldn’t lose much sleep.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
JT miised a short putt at the Sentey Tournament of Champions last week and uttered the only appropriate word for that situation, called himself a faggot for missing the putt. Turns out Golf Channel had a mic nearby and he was overheard. He apologized and what not many times and yet the faggots at RL dropped him.
Seems like a turrible business decision iyam. He’a probably top 3 most popular guy in golf plus top 3 in the world

I’ll send him an email and let him know he can always say faggot on this board

denn

Legendary
Founder
If the libs are able to take over the PGA tour they will be able to take over anything.
It would end the PGA tour if they were able to. For the most part the PGA has been able to side step all the social and political crap other sports have dove head first into but once the liberals get their hooks into something they absolutely hate.....a perceived white elitist anything. What they will fail on is that the game of golf, in these times, is enjoyed by all walks of life. Rich or poor. I see it every day at the course I am a director at.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Can't believe Thomas settled for them as a sponsor to begin with. Should look into Browning or S&W.

FastChad

Poster
Most of my clothes are under armor and camo, so I don't own any polo stuff. I can promise you, that ain't changing any time soon.

Klbcec

Poster
Founder
He will be back with Polo within two years. The letter seems more like PR than a disassociation.

denn

Legendary
Founder
He will be back with Polo within two years. The letter seems more like PR than a disassociation.
I agree that it was more PR than anything else. However I would be very surprised if JT went back to polo, even if they offered. (which I don't think they will) Just a guess here, but I think Lauren may have a rather large following and % of the employee base that don't enjoy the opposite sex.

My guess is JT goes with FootJoy until he can hammer out a deal with another clothing company that will pay him more. Titleist and Footjoy are notorious for not paying their players as much as other companies. (Nike, Addidas, Under Armour, ect...)

Quatch$

Elite
If Under Armour was smart they’d go after him. The real faggot Speith fucking blows and is a whiny little bitch. Bring on JT and they get automatic cred

Top Bottom