Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gas Grill Recs

TroutSniffer

Poster
Current setup includes a large BGE and a medium sized Broilmaster. The Broilmaster is a hand me down from my old man and nearly dead. I use the gas grill for quick meals/kids food as well as with a cast iron pan/griddle for searing steaks (reverse sear tits in the face off the BGE) or smash burgers. Not looking for one with a ton of space just something nice and small that can get hotter than Jessica Simpson in her Dukes of Hazard days.

1621343848583.png

1621343890601.png

Peach-head

Poster

Bought one of these 5 years ago and fucking love it. The “infrared” inserts, which aren’t what they sound like, gives even heat distribution and no flare ups. Will get hit af for searing and can maintain low temps easily.

seriously buy one. I use it a couple times a week and love it. It’s also been sitting in a carport uncovered the whole time and still looks new.

Peach-head

Poster
Thanks for following the rules.

Be a man and get a classic weber charcoal grill

Let me guess, you only break that bad boy out twice a year because it’s so inconvenient, complain about gas the whole time while serving people burgers that taste like lighter fluid. At the end of the feeling like that makes you manly, when if that’s what you’re going for you should raise a hog, butcher it, and throw it on a homemade cinderblock smoker?

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
Current setup includes a large BGE and a medium sized Broilmaster. The Broilmaster is a hand me down from my old man and nearly dead. I use the gas grill for quick meals/kids food as well as with a cast iron pan/griddle for searing steaks (reverse sear tits in the face off the BGE) or smash burgers. Not looking for one with a ton of space just something nice and small that can get hotter than Jessica Simpson in her Dukes of Hazard days.

View attachment 22029

View attachment 22030
Broilmaster will last forever and a lifetime warranty on the grill head.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Let me guess, you only break that bad boy out twice a year because it’s so inconvenient, complain about gas the whole time while serving people burgers that taste like lighter fluid. At the end of the feeling like that makes you manly, when if that’s what you’re going for you should raise a hog, butcher it, and throw it on a homemade cinderblock smoker?

Who the fuck uses lighter fluid?! Gross.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Honestly you will be replacing it every 5-8 years no since in going expensive. I did the Weber my first one now I just get a two burner setup since i never used all 4 burners anyways. Got this BAMF couple of years ago. The Crimson paint job was the deal closer for me.

1621348549231.png

TroutSniffer

Poster
Couldn't be more off. Actually do whole hogs on a cinder block smoker and have a Shirley smoker for feeding larger groups. You sound cool though.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I use it for my fire pit 💥🔥💥

For a huge amount of charcoal, that seems logical. Never use it for the grill or smoker, myself. I use a chimney, but that does take a little while. My brother in law uses a big ass propane torch, gets his pile of coals going in just a few minutes.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

Bought one of these 5 years ago and fucking love it. The “infrared” inserts, which aren’t what they sound like, gives even heat distribution and no flare ups. Will get hit af for searing and can maintain low temps easily.

seriously buy one. I use it a couple times a week and love it. It’s also been sitting in a carport uncovered the whole time and still looks new.
Replaced my classic weber with this a few years ago. Was in a bind and needed a quick fix. Welp this sucker has been great and I could now see myself staying with it.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Honestly you will be replacing it every 5-8 years no since in going expensive. I did the Weber my first one now I just get a two burner setup since i never used all 4 burners anyways. Got this BAMF couple of years ago. The Crimson paint job was the deal closer for me.

View attachment 22038
Hottest seller in Alabama.....talk about paying high end designer. They are now matching grills to trailer homes? Oh shit......

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Hottest seller in Alabama.....talk about paying high end designer. They are now matching grills to trailer homes? Oh shit......
200.gif

TroutSniffer

Poster
Want to keep it under $2k. I don't need any of the rotisserie or other features. Just want something probably under or around 30 inches that gets hot as hell for searing and an occasional meal. Side burner is interesting but not required. It's going to be kept outside on a deck so I don't want to go any more expensive as I doubt any of them will last long enough to make the additional price tag worth it. The napoleon mentioned earlier ITT looks pretty good. A coworker has a Solair that he recommends.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Want to keep it under $2k. I don't need any of the rotisserie or other features. Just want something probably under or around 30 inches that gets hot as hell for searing and an occasional meal. Side burner is interesting but not required. It's going to be kept outside on a deck so I don't want to go any more expensive as I doubt any of them will last long enough to make the additional price tag worth it. The napoleon mentioned earlier ITT looks pretty good. A coworker has a Solair that he recommends.

Blaze. I have 4 burner with rotisserie (which I actually use) and had it hooked up to my house gas line for about 2K. You should be able to get one less than that. Fantastic grill for the money.

ETA- yes, you can get one for about $1400 all in.

Last edited:

GEORocks

Poster
Blaze. I have 4 burner with rotisserie (which I actually use) and had it hooked up to my house gas line for about 2K. You should be able to get one less than that. Fantastic grill for the money.

ETA- yes, you can get one for about $1400 all in.

I’ll admit Blaze are eye catching with their red blacklit knobs but fact is they are made in China and feel like it. Now...if you want to talk about a grill fit for investment:

The DCS series 7 is the answer.

meyymdxueigf.jpg

Have fondled it in person and confidently say there isn’t a nicer grill under $5k. The engineering is superb. Build quality is bulletproof. Very elegant.

TJHall1

Legendary
You know damn near every fucking person lights their charcoal without lighter fluid now, don't you? Dumbass.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I’ll admit Blaze are eye catching with their red blacklit knobs but fact is they are made in China and feel like it. Now...if you want to talk about a grill fit for investment:

The DCS series 7 is the answer.

meyymdxueigf.jpg

Have fondled it in person and confidently say there isn’t a nicer grill under $5k. The engineering is superb. Build quality is bulletproof. Very elegant.

I assume you missed the part where he gave his budget.

I don’t care where a Blaze grill is made. It works great, but it doesn’t have any backlit knobs

Top Bottom