Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Free Speech in Schools?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Daughter is a freshman in high school and told me after the first day of school that the teacher has a gay pride flag hanging in her classroom.

What does everyone think about this? Should I say something to the principle or let it go?

Wisconsin School board went as far as to ban political and pride flags in the classroom. Which brings a good discussion point for this board. Should there be free speech in the classroom. Public school fwiw.

1660833570545.png

Rube Reaper

Elite
Who gets to define hate speech? Those that opposed said speech? Is
anti Christian speech hate speech? Slippery slope rube
We all know what is hate speech and what isn’t. For example, if a teacher wants to teach CRT, LGTBQA+ theory, or about the dangers of white nationalism then we should support them in doing so. It’s their right to free speech and it’s good for these kids.

If teachers are up in front of the class Bible thumping then they should face, at the very least, civil penalties & termination. We can’t have teachers corrupting children’s minds.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
We all know what is hate speech and what isn’t. For example, if a teacher wants to teach CRT, LGTBQA+ theory, or about the dangers of white nationalism then we should support them in doing so. It’s their right to free speech and it’s good for these kids.

If teachers are up in front of the class Bible thumping then they should face, at the very least, civil penalties & termination. We can’t have teachers corrupting children’s minds.
I have no idea what hate speech is. I believe it is a construct put on people by others that cannot or will not take the time to see the original users perspective

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Is zipper tits hate speech?

eb102993

Poster

Way to pick and choose. All of your examples are different beliefs held by all. We are one nation under god but I don’t believe the Bible should be taught in high school. That’s what college is for, where kids choose to go.
Base building blocks in high school.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Daughter is a freshman in high school and told me after the first day of school that the teacher has a gay pride flag hanging in her classroom.

What does everyone think about this? Should I say something to the principle or let it go?

Wisconsin School board went as far as to ban political and pride flags in the classroom. Which brings a good discussion point for this board. Should there be free speech in the classroom. Public school fwiw.

View attachment 127695

Would someone complain of a teacher had a Gadsden flag, Betsy Ross flag, or Come and Take it flag?

View attachment 127695
There should be nothing taught in school beyond reading, writing, math........everything else should be an elective. There is no value in the same shit every year. I quit school with a 4.0 as a Junior taking trig in sophomore year. Member of Mensa, etc.

Teaching student that you like a dick in your ass, is none of the above.

History should not be taught either, as most of it is a lie anyway.

If your student cant wear a MAGA hat, then they should not fly the faggot flag, that simple

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
There should be nothing taught in school beyond reading, writing, math........everything else should be an elective. There is no value in the same shit every year. I quit school with a 4.0 as a Junior taking trig in sophomore year. Member of Mensa, etc.

Teaching student that you like a dick in your ass, is none of the above.

History should not be taught either, as most of it is a lie anyway.

If your student cant wear a MAGA hat, then they should not fly the faggot flag, that simple
I heard you were a member of NAMBLA

If you were going to spend 10 minutes complaining to the school then spend ten minutes doing something with your child instead.

You’re not going to accomplish anything by complaining to the school other than pissing them off and making your kid the mark. However, any time spent with your child is almost always to the benefit of the child.

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
If you were going to spend 10 minutes complaining to the school then spend ten minutes doing something with your child instead.

You’re not going to accomplish anything by complaining to the school other than pissing them off and making your kid the mark. However, any time spent with your child is almost always to the benefit of the child.
+_38410a04f88afe843ff97cbfa32ab68a.jpg

Top Bottom