Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Evolution And The Three Stooges: Equally Ridiculous

OldBuzzard

Poster
One of the problems I’ve always had with the theory of evolution: Supposedly all life originated in the oceans. The one group of amino acids that was spurred to organized metabolism by a lightning strike (much like Frankenstein’s monster)somehow somehow grew into differing types of cells with highly specialized purposes. And then, supposedly after millions of years that it took for this organism to complete its evolutionary process, it asexually reproduced. In effect cloning itself. This went on for millions of years, with subsequent versions of this life form evolving and modifying itself as its environment dictated. So, the life forms slowly evolved into different types of creatures (I don’t know why since their environment was identical for all.) They were bathed perpetually in a soup filled with every type of nourishment needed. They had no need for thermoregulatory mechanisms because their environment took care of it. Minimal energy was expended on locomotion and respiration. In other words, they were just about the perfect life form. But I’m supposed to believe that one day, one of them crawled out of the ocean for no reason and saw what was an inhospitable and alien environment and thought to himself, “I’ll just stay here-“ See how that sounds? But even if it stayed on land, it took millions of years for subsequent generations to develop respiratory systems capable of breathing air. I’m 60 years old. I have wonderful kids. But I can’t even get them to like the Three Stooges. Much less to grow gills.

Dr. Zaius

Poster
Founder
giphy.gif

Jtrain80

Legendary
One of the problems I’ve always had with the theory of evolution: Supposedly all life originated in the oceans. The one group of amino acids that was spurred to organized metabolism by a lightning strike (much like Frankenstein’s monster)somehow somehow grew into differing types of cells with highly specialized purposes. And then, supposedly after millions of years that it took for this organism to complete its evolutionary process, it asexually reproduced. In effect cloning itself. This went on for millions of years, with subsequent versions of this life form evolving and modifying itself as its environment dictated. So, the life forms slowly evolved into different types of creatures (I don’t know why since their environment was identical for all.) They were bathed perpetually in a soup filled with every type of nourishment needed. They had no need for thermoregulatory mechanisms because their environment took care of it. Minimal energy was expended on locomotion and respiration. In other words, they were just about the perfect life form. But I’m supposed to believe that one day, one of them crawled out of the ocean for no reason and saw what was an inhospitable and alien environment and thought to himself, “I’ll just stay here-“ See how that sounds? But even if it stayed on land, it took millions of years for subsequent generations to develop respiratory systems capable of breathing air. I’m 60 years old. I have wonderful kids. But I can’t even get them to like the Three Stooges. Much less to grow gills.

Darwin (died in 1889) was a devout Christian who disagreed with his findings on the basis of the being 5k yrs old(? Not sure exact amnt). It wasn't until the geologist came up w plate tectonic theory estimating the earth to be in the billions of yrs old in the 1950's did his model make sense.

Sikness23245

Elite

The alternative being a magical being appeared from nowhere and created everything himself.

A pseudo-intellectual would make a quip here about living in the matrix, but it still leaves the question of what/who created the person or thing that wrote our program.

No matter what theory you want to believe, they all have gaping holes. Agnosticism is the only way.

TJHall1

Legendary
The alternative being a magical being appeared from nowhere and created everything himself.

A pseudo-intellectual would make a quip here about living in the matrix, but it still leaves the question of what/who created the person or thing that wrote our program.

No matter what theory you want to believe, they all have gaping holes. Agnosticism is the only way.
LOL

OldBuzzard

Poster
Never ceases to amaze me how some people who think of themselves as intellectuals can believe that every other thing in their lives was created by intelligent design except for themselves. They just happened.

OldBuzzard

Poster
Darwin (died in 1889) was a devout Christian who disagreed with his findings on the basis of the being 5k yrs old(? Not sure exact amnt). It wasn't until the geologist came up w plate tectonic theory estimating the earth to be in the billions of yrs old in the 1950's did his model make sense.
There are some who are rethinking the dating techniques and numbers yielded by them. I do not believe that the earth is only 5000 years old, but at the same time I can’t say I buy billions of tears either. I didn’t mean for that post to become about religion, although I do believe that everything was created by intelligent design. Who knows what humans will learn about themselves and their world in 1000 years.

Jtrain80

Legendary
There are some who are rethinking the dating techniques and numbers yielded by them. I do not believe that the earth is only 5000 years old, but at the same time I can’t say I buy billions of tears either. I didn’t mean for that post to become about religion, although I do believe that everything was created by intelligent design. Who knows what humans will learn about themselves and their world in 1000 years.

A freshman level geology class explains how old the earth is and how we figured this out. One of the more interesting classes I took. I seriously considered being an exploratory geologist.

Sikness23245

Elite

You laugh, and that last sentence was TIC, but there's a certain comfort in being able to admit you don't know something and being ok with it. The more you learn, the more you realize how little you really know or will ever know.

A freshman level geology class explains how old the earth is and how we figured this out. One of the more interesting classes I took. I seriously considered being an exploratory geologist.

I don't know about you, but we spent half our time learning to identify rocks. I'm no Bill Nye (i.e. science guy), but I do love history, and thought it would be an easy science credit. It was easy, but the history part was glossed over at the end of the class, and I about clawed my eyes out after the 3rd or 4th "lab" identifying rocks.

OldBuzzard

Poster
Yes, the method using Carbon 14 and the predictable steady rate at which it decays. As I said, many are rethinking those very techniques and their results. The more scientists discover, the less they realize that they know. Those are good scientists. Think about it. Every single molecule in the universe, including the megastars and all of the space time was once packaged in an area impossibly small and impossibly dense and heavy. It is called the singularity. And it just exploded. And our universe is the eventual result. And we still can’t even see how far away everything has supposedly expanded. But where did the singularity come from? Just doesn’t make sense.

OldBuzzard

Poster
I’m sorry, but I don’t know where my comments or replies will end up. I’m electronically challenged, but I thoroughly enjoy this robust discussion.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Yes, the method using Carbon 14 and the predictable steady rate at which it decays. As I said, many are rethinking those very techniques and their results. The more scientists discover, the less they realize that they know. Those are good scientists. Think about it. Every single molecule in the universe, including the megastars and all of the space time was once packaged in an area impossibly small and impossibly dense and heavy. It is called the singularity. And it just exploded. And our universe is the eventual result. And we still can’t even see how far away everything has supposedly expanded. But where did the singularity come from? Just doesn’t make sense.

I can assure you, if I ever get a chance to meet the Good Lord, the dinosaurs will probably be my first question.

OO snipes

Poster
Or when they die? Maybe.. who knows. I like to live as if there is a purpose and creator.

Top Bottom