Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Every now and then, a dumb big ass monster popcorn movie can be fun. (Godzilla vs. Kong trailer)

Nape

Elite
Founder
I’ve been watching Godzilla movies since I was 7-8 years old. The old 48” tall rubber
Godzilla destroying Tokyo while being yelled at by people who’s voice didn’t match their mouth. LOL

Still love em to this day. Loved the first of the new ones and thought KOtM was merely OK. This one has me excited. Who wins? Vital question.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’ve been watching Godzilla movies since I was 7-8 years old. The old 48” tall rubber
Godzilla destroying Tokyo while being yelled at by people who’s voice didn’t match their mouth. LOL

Still love em to this day. Loved the first of the new ones and thought KOtM was merely OK. This one has me excited. Who wins? Vital question.

Yea I’m stoked on this. I think this trailer was to get all of the Kong people pumped and the 2nd one will be more Godzilla oriented. But did you notice this in the trailer? My inner little kid went wild.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Yea I’m stoked on this. I think this trailer was to get all of the Kong people pumped and the 2nd one will be more Godzilla oriented. But did you notice this in the trailer? My inner little kid went wild.
I did. Hence the question in my post. There has to be multiple movie themes, or movies, for those on opposing sides. Hell, I want both to win.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I did. Hence the question in my post. There has to be multiple movie themes, or movies, for those on opposing sides. Hell, I want both to win.

My post was messed up loading. Was just curious if you noticed Mechagodzilla shown/referenced twice in the trailer and another certain childhood monster.

Nape

Elite
Founder
My post was messed up loading. Was just curious if you noticed Mechagodzilla shown/referenced twice in the trailer and another certain childhood monster.
I saw it in passing earlier today. If Mecha is in or or coming soon I’m all in. I’ll rewatch tomorrow. Been traveling to see family today (and to escape the winter storm warning in Pritzkanistan) so I’m all outta whack. I’ll watch it more intently later on today.

TimeBandit

Poster
Never quite understood how Godzilla is as tall as a skyscraper whilst Kong is about 60 feet tall at best and Godzilla just stepping on him and crushing Kong at the get go..
But I definitely enjoyed the original so obviously will be watching this one.....

Belezabro

Elite
I like the Godzilla with Cranston. Still watch when it comes on. However, the increasing CGI in movies is turning me off more and more. It is like watching a cartoon or video game. Some do it better than others, Ready Player One, for example.

Boom82

Poster
Founder
This. In the trailer at least it seems it’s just a pro Kong movie. I love em both and want to see it more in the middle. Maybe it ends up that way though

Rushie

Poster
I saw it in passing earlier today. If Mecha is in or or coming soon I’m all in. I’ll rewatch tomorrow. Been traveling to see family today (and to escape the winter storm warning in Pritzkanistan) so I’m all outta whack. I’ll watch it more intently later on today.
"Pritzkanistan"

Hahahaha

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
This. In the trailer at least it seems it’s just a pro Kong movie. I love em both and want to see it more in the middle. Maybe it ends up that way though
I am sure they won't explain how Godzilla went from world savior to world destroyer.

Or, how Kong is 5 times larger than any motion picture not made in Japan.

btw - Yore avatar is a riot.(imma going to hell)

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Never quite understood how Godzilla is as tall as a skyscraper whilst Kong is about 60 feet tall at best and Godzilla just stepping on him and crushing Kong at the get go..
But I definitely enjoyed the original so obviously will be watching this one.....

Well in Kong:Skull Island, they explained how young he was and he was about 125 feet then and how much he’d keep growing. That was around Vietnam War time so he’s had all this time to grow.

You can see in the trailer he’s damn near Godzilla’s height.

Big_C_KU

Poster

Almost positive it’s going to be a Super v Batman plot with Godzilla and Kong fighting but by the end of the film coming together to fight the true big bad. The Mechagodzilla parts seem interesting and would serve this purpose especially if it’s true the bad Godzilla is Mechagodzilla.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Well, that wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. At least some of the childhood nostalgia was there. Godzilla looked better than ever.

Last edited:

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
I can’t believe they’re even drumming it up like it would be an even battle. Kong got out down by a 1912 bi plane and Godzilla can take lasers and nukes no problem

It should have been set outside of a convenience store in Harlem

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I can’t believe they’re even drumming it up like it would be an even battle. Kong got out down by a 1912 bi plane and Godzilla can take lasers and nukes no problem

It should have been set outside of a convenience store in Harlem
You know that was toddler/extremely young Kong right?

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
You know that was toddler/extremely young Kong right?
Still unless his skin hardens into dragon scales in old age I’m not sure what difference that makes. He definitely has the cardio and mobility edge on Godzilla, but the Damage Resistance can’t be anywhere close

TJHall1

Legendary
Still unless his skin hardens into dragon scales in old age I’m not sure what difference that makes. He definitely has the cardio and mobility edge on Godzilla, but the Damage Resistance can’t be anywhere close
Ya, this part is just too stupid to me. Godzilla wrestles lava monsters in the other movie. Kong should just burst into flames. So dumb.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Ya, this part is just too stupid to me. Godzilla wrestles lava monsters in the other movie. Kong should just burst into flames. So dumb.
Also

Godzilla beat the brakes off of him and simply let his foot off of his chest when he was about to put his foot through it. Kong basically through in the towel and the king gave him the “you know what’s up” look.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
The movie was fun as hell. I liked that it was Ghidorah that took over Mechagodzilla. Kong was beast mode with the axe. Kids want to watch again tonight. Two like Godzilla better and one likes Kong the most. It was really fun.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Went to see it this afternoon with my boys. Loved it and would say it’s the best of the 3 new Godzilla movies. Kong is such a beast.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Went to see it this afternoon with my boys. Loved it and would say it’s the best of the 3 new Godzilla movies. Kong is such a beast.
Until that foot was on his chest and immediately realized who’s boss. Game was over if the big boy didn’t show some compassion.

Juro

Elite
It was better than I expected. Some stupid human interactions, but it was good fight action.

Top Bottom