Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

End the 2 Party System

HazeyMage

Poster
I believe that we should do away with the 2 party system, and all parties. The concept of "Democrats" and "Republicans" has made people lazy, when it comes to politics. It creates a criteria for people to rely on and therefore we do not pay attention to who we are electing, because we have been convinced that if they are a democrat, then they can only have certain values, and vice-versa. If we get away from this 2 party system then people will have to actually pay attention to the people that we are placing in power. It won't fix everything, but I believe would be a step in the right direction.

HazeyMage

Poster
The founding fathers never wanted America to be lead with a 2 party system. It was supposed to be for the people, by the people. And it was for a long time. By the constitution there are supposed to be far more representatives per state, inorder to accurately represent our population. But it is much easier to morally corrupt and buy off a handful of politicians, than literally hundreds of them. So during the civil war, they changed it while no one was looking.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
What did the founding fathere think of it?
Well As I have said many times…..(@Croot_Overlord will confirm)…this is where we look to the Greatest American Ever….only a so-so President…..the late Great Sam (some know his as John) Adams. 🤣 Yes he was the 2nd President (and 1st VP ever) elected FROM THE FEDERALIST PARTY (signmeup.gif)! Man was also most responsible for our Constitution (which was a basic copy of the Mass. Constitution which he was the main writer of). Dude really was probably the greatest historic American yet he wasn’t a good president (IMHO)….his faults were the exact opposite of Trump….he caved to pressure and almost never made his judgement call.

He is a prime example of my worries for the future….when ONLY remembering #1 and never researching anything you will often miss many of the greats.

Cards1968

Founder
Are you saying you want MORE political parties (of which we currently have at least 3 btw)? Seems like to me at first blush that would give our incompetent congress even more power.

BurntJ

Founder
Are you saying you want MORE political parties (of which we currently have at least 3 btw)? Seems like to me at first blush that would give our incompetent congress even more power.
How many before we get 1 party that Actually represents ANY AMERICAN CONSTITUENCY. At this point….I’m not sure even NY or SF crazies ((not saying the craziest….just normal Libs (which I consider crazy)) aren’t like WTF?

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
How many before we get 1 party that Actually represents ANY AMERICAN CONSTITUENCY. At this point….I’m not sure even NY or SF crazies ((not saying the craziest….just normal Libs (which I consider crazy)) aren’t like WTF?
Most big city folk believe the far left of the Dims isn’t nearly left enough.

They view AOC as a moderate based on their ideal America.

BurntJ

Founder
Most big city folk believe the far left of the Dims isn’t nearly left enough.

They view AOC as a moderate based on their ideal America.
Maybe BUT It would be interesting to delve into as it would show the REAL DIVIDE. This is how you can determine ability for “regular folks to work and live in cities.”

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Problem is without the two party system almost nothing would get passed getting a majority vote would be next to impossible.

I think term limits would do far more to clean up washington than any other change we could legitimately make. Two terms only for senate and house, so 8 and 4 year limits respectively.

Also get a fucking avatar OP

Cards1968

Founder
Problem is without the two party system almost nothing would get passed getting a majority vote would be next to impossible.

I think term limits would do far more to clean up washington than any other change we could legitimately make. Two terms only for senate and house, so 8 and 4 year limits respectively.

I believe we're done here.

HazeyMage

Poster
No, Im saying that we should get rid of parties all together. Candidates should represent themselves, and the people electing them should be responsible for paying attention and deciding how they feel about an individuals values and morals before they put them into power, instead of basing it off of a basic political ideology. One of the reason we have been taken advantage of so bad, is that our country's people have gotten comfortable with their parties "cast" and what they "required to do" based off of their political party. 75% of voters didnt really half ass pay attention to politics, even before we came to a general consensus that the media is BS

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
No, Im saying that we should get rid of parties all together. Candidates should represent themselves, and the people electing them should be responsible for paying attention and deciding how they feel about an individuals values and morals before they put them into power, instead of basing it off of a basic political ideology. One of the reason we have been taken advantage of so bad, is that our country's people have gotten comfortable with their parties "cast" and what they "required to do" based off of their political party. 75% of voters didnt really half ass pay attention to politics, even before we came to a general consensus that the media is BS

I wouldn't mind taking party affiliation off the ballots. That could be a good thing...but you can't get rid of parties all together. Like minded people are allowed to gather and form organizations in America.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I wouldn't mind taking party affiliation off the ballots. That could be a good thing...but you can't get rid of parties all together. Like minded people are allowed to gather and form organizations in America.
They only let you vote for one party in primaries in Alabama which I always thought was dumb.

Maybe each state should do a petition. Maybe if we have 150-200 million sign saying we want term limits then maybe they couldn’t ignore it. I mean they probably would. But at least it would continue to show the people.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
That assumes we actually have a two party system with differing views. We don’t.

We have a facade of differing parties. There are not two parties. Uniparty is real. They only work for themselves and DC. The petty bickering is just show. It is a show designed to keep you supporting one or the other. They don’t really care which as long as there is enough balance to keep Americans pissed at each other, and not paying attention to the criminals in DC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom