Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EMERGENCY -

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
recipe.....
Soak them overnight, drain next morning and put in crock pot

1 tsp chili powder
1 chopped onion
Water to cover
Ham hocks (we used 3 last time)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt/Pepper/Garlic powder to taste (we buy "The Blend" made by Kinders so she used that)

Cook on high for 4 hours, turn down to low for another 4.

Magina! Magina! as @Nape likes to say

D

Deleted member 2886

bond yields are skyrocketing, buy canned beans right fucking now!

View attachment 92895
Man I am almost totally ignorant as to what bond yeilds even are.

🤔Suppose I could google it, maybe later.🍀🔥💨

So, guessing "skyrocketing bond yields" means something urgent regarding currency, inflation?

Where I live, there's this semi-compulsory, bs govt backed 'KiwiSaver' thing.(savings and investment scheme)
I've been voluntarily chucking cash in it , more out of ennui, also the govt matches 50¢/$-(up to ~$500)

The past few months I've watched the accumulated interest drop from thousands to, as of this morning ~$30.

Last month or so, it's been in the negative hundreds, eating into what I've thrown in.

Doesn't phase me at all, it's just slightly interesting, I guess.

Was doing a stocktake of survival supplies earlier, apparently I've accumulated over a tonne of canned foods.

Do ya reckon I've enough?,... or should I amp myself up into a fearful panicked frenzy then rush out in a frantic haste to race around getting more?

Jks bro😁

QuanChi

Elite

So, guessing "skyrocketing bond yields" means something urgent regarding currency, inflation?

Where I live, there's this semi-compulsory, bs govt backed 'KiwiSaver' thing.(savings and investment scheme)
I've been voluntarily chucking cash in it , more out of ennui, also the govt matches 50¢/$-(up to ~$500)

The past few months I've watched the accumulated interest drop from thousands to, as of this morning ~$30.

Last month or so, it's been in the negative hundreds, eating into what I've thrown in.

Was doing a stocktake of survival supplies earlier, apparently I've accumulated over a tonne of canned foods.

Do ya reckon I've enough?,... or should I amp myself up into a fearful panicked frenzy then rush out in a frantic haste to race around getting more?

Jks bro😁
In general I always try to post interesting things with a varying amount of irony. There is a medium amount of irony here.

Bond yields are controlled by the central bank. The Federal Reserve if you will. The past 10 years almost, central backs have artificially held rates low. This interest rate behavior is a result of what is called Modern Monetary Theory if you ever want to read more.

One of the most simple ways to look at it is that when bond yields are low, people spend money. When interest rates are low, when saving your money in the bank you aren’t getting any growth from it, so you are better off buying stocks. Also interest rates on buying houses are lower, so people are more willing to buy houses. You can get cheap credit, so business loans, personal loans, and car loans are all cheaper. And as far as governments are considered, low rates mean low debt payments. Increasing money velocity and this inflation.

But, when rates start going up, people are encouraged to save. Why invest so much in the stock market when you can get 7% yield from a bond? Variable interest rate credit payments, like credit cards, also go up with rates. So people are encouraged to pay off debt and save money. Decreasing money velocity and decreasing inflation.

To some degree, this is a natural economic phenomenon. You can look up credit cycles. But with interest rates being artificially held down for so long, there are big concerns about what might happen to the equity markets (stocks basically).

If money starts hemorrhaging from the stock market, it will just start compounding. People will see their retirement accounts cut in half and start panicking thinking the world is falling apart and think we are heading for “worse than the Great Depression.” And then they will pull all their money out of the stock market and buy canned beans and gold, completely eating their life savings, while banks and hedge funds scoop everything up and several discounted prices.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. And then people will complain that the game is rigged and live the rest of their life in misery, when they are just retarded while the wealthy are just applying reason. Happens every 15 years or so.

Don’t get caught up in the canned beans hustle. Don’t get caught up in the hyperinflation hype.

Last edited:

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
In general I always try to post interesting things with a varying amount of irony. There is a medium amount of irony here.

Bond yields are controlled by the central bank. The Federal Reserve if you will. The past 10 years almost, central backs have artificially held rates low. This interest rate behavior is a result of what is called Modern Monetary Theory if you ever want to read more.

One of the most simple ways to look at it is that when bond yields are low, people spend money. When interest rates are low, when saving your money in the bank you aren’t getting any growth from it, so you are better off buying stocks. Also interest rates on buying houses are lower, so people are more willing to buy houses. You can get cheap credit, so business loans, personal loans, and car loans are all cheaper. And as far as governments are considered, low rates mean low debt payments. Increasing money velocity and this inflation.

But, when rates start going up, people are encouraged to save. Why invest so much in the stock market when you can get 7% yield from a bond? Variable interest rate credit payments, like credit cards, also go up with rates. So people are encouraged to pay off debt and save money. Decreasing money velocity and decreasing inflation.

To some degree, this is a natural economic phenomenon. You can look up credit cycles. But with interest rates being artificially held down for so long, there are big concerns about what might happen to the equity markets (stocks basically).

If money starts hemorrhaging from the stock market, it will just start compounding. People will see their retirement accounts cut in half and start panicking thinking the world is falling apart and think we are heading for “worse than the Great Depression.” And then they will pull all their money out of the stock market and buy canned beans and gold, completely eating their life savings, while banks and hedge funds scoop everything up and several discounted prices.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. And then people will complain that the game is rigged and live the rest of their life in misery, when they are just retarded while the wealthy are just applying reason. Happens every 15 years or so.

Don’t get caught up in the canned beans hustle. Don’t get caught up in the hyperinflation hype.
Good breakdown here and I like the conclusion lol

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder

Jks bro😁

If you have a ton of of canned foods I am guessing that is about 2000 cans of food. If you actually run out do you want to be in the world that is left behind.

D

Deleted member 2886

If you have a ton of of canned foods I am guessing that is about 2000 cans of food. If you actually run out do you want to be in the world that is left behind.
🙂👍Do you mean like, in a hypothetical -end of the world chaotic scenario?

And how am I to judge how bad or good it might turn out?

Also I've got a lot more than just canned shit bruz, so whether I'd run out or most likely not(#+massive seed stock)-I'd be still be in the world that is left behind,...and why? wouldn't you?

At least, I'd rather not starve to death in the immediate chaos, wouldn't you?

I've set myself up to be in a reasonably dominant position should the world suddenly erupt into chaos, ie: shtf.

I've been preparing for the worst -for years mate.
I don't care if or how bad things get.
I'd much rather be alive to experience it as opposed to not being in existence.

Oh yeah, and the current updated -exact number is 3127 cans,...yet thats just what's directly accessable from inside the house.(+1.5T)
😁I've accumulated much more than that in adjacent -secure buildings.

I always get the bigger 495g cans too,...like these in the cupboard next to me rn, -for example....
IMG_20220509_133131.jpg

Top Bottom