Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Salvador Game Changer? World's First Bit Coin Bond

FreeMiner

Legendary
This is worth watching and thinking about. What are your thoughts. Thing I love about crypto is Governments are fucked and can' devalue it like fiat. It gives personal freedom.
But I love gold better.

Emma tenywa

Elite
This is worth watching and thinking about. What are your thoughts. Thing I love about crypto is Governments are fucked and can' devalue it like fiat. It gives personal freedom.
But I love gold better.
Things will go well until musk starts posting shitty tweets

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
"One question we might ask is: why would anyone invest in the El Salvador Bitcoin bond rather than just buying Bitcoin? One plausible explanation is that the Bitcoin bond can give investors a steady yield (the bonds are set to pay 6.5%) without exposing them to Bitcoin’s volatility."

This seems a lot like the staking they are doing with altcoins.

"Anyone who lends money to El Salvador is betting that five years from now Bitcoin will be worth at least twice as much as it is today. So long as that’s the case, even if El Salvador is completely broke they’ll still be able to sell the Bitcoin and repay the debt."

-right well assuming BTC holds its value

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
This whole thing is pretty bizarre:

Investors will also be awarded permanent residence and be fast-tracked to citizenship, Mow said while standing next to Bukele.

Bitcoin City will be built near the Conchagua volcano which will provide energy for mining, Bukele said, adding that Bitcoin bond issuance will begin in 2022. The only tax in Bitcoin City will be a 10% value-added tax to fund city construction and services, he said.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
USA should just annex everything south of Mexico and turn it in US territory, collect taxes there, refuse to enfranchise them like PR, and end this nonsense.

I’m tired of the terrorist activities like this burdening the homeland.

Top Bottom