Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drop some cool family history.....

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
I'll start...) ..

Recently found out that my Grandfather (died on the USS Mt Hood explosion circa 1944) is like four or five removed from Grace O'Malley. Family just went to Ireland a few weeks ago to visit her castle.

She was a PIRATE and is Irish folk lore. lol

I'm half Sicilian and half Irish

Cool mixture, but its like a white N word type of mix. Always my homie.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Had an ancestor who was a Confederate Cavalry Officer on the Great Beefsteak Raid.

966_2.jpg

Pineapple

Legendary
John Wilkes Booth… related. He had a family member - Stanley Cornwall Booth - I have a solid silver cup with his name on it. He was born June 6 1866… my birthday is 2 days off from being 100 years apart.

Payne Stewart… related. I was actually the one that called and told them about the jet issues. I called my stepmom and she was trying to trance down family. My aunt, his sister, was at a hospital where she worked as a dietician and found out in the cafeteria. His mother Bee found out when a radio station called the house and asked her about it.

George Washington Carver - supposedly, our family owned the slave that was sold and became his wife.

yankmenoodle

Elite
Two of my great, great uncles were captured by the union army. One escaped and the other joined the union army. The union army received pay. He said he did it keep his family from starving. He was the black sheep from that time on.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
My step dad who passed a few years ago at 92 or 93 was a pretty interesting dude...

Joined Navy and flew the SB2C off of Flattops in WWII

After the Navy, he went to Detroit Rock City to meet his "Uncle" for a job. Got his first job loading trucks from Jimmy Hoffa. His "Uncle Noonan" was a right hand enforcer for Hoffa.

Played minor league Baseball and was a Jersey City fireman.

Ran 2 NYC marathons

Million crazy stories

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Had an ancestor who was a Confederate Cavalry Officer on the Great Beefsteak Raid.

966_2.jpg

It goes without saying my ancestor (and ancestors) did a shit ton of fighting in Virginia and a little in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

One of my relatives were part of the Confederate units that penetrated the farthest north into Pennsylvania. They were up in York County Pennsylvania.

Never knew my biological dad......but I believe in heredity.

Mothers side, dad ( grandfather never met ) was OSS in WW2, my biological father was a Frogman (SEAL\UDT) in Vietnam, and I joined Special Operations (USASOC). Never knew either one or knew what they did until i had already followed in their path, told by my mother long after i joined the service that my dad was not my dad. Never understood why my dad never understood my affliction for the like until then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom