Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dog attacked by big cat.

Idk if this is allowed or not but I am in desperate need of some help from anyone who is able. My Zeppelin was attacked over the weekend by a what we believe was a panther. We noticed Saturday he didn't show up fo dinner. He's a big ole teddy bear of a dog & he usually doesn't go far so it was really unusual for him not to be right here in the yard especially when it's time to eat. A couple nights before my kids said they heard a big cat screaming in the wood line between our places so because of that we went looking for him. We found him alive but he's pretty messed up. We have him at the since Saturday they are sure he's gonna make it but also let me know the bill could be a lot. I'm asking for help with that if anyone is able. I hate asking/begging for money! Makes me feel like such a bum. It's my canine son tho. Hes been part of our family for 6yrs. He's older then my grandkids are. AUGH! My heart is breaking right now & I'm at a loss. If this isn't allowed please delete & I apologize for posting it but if it is & anyone of you have the ability to throw in just know that you are appreciated. I have my trail cams set up in hopes to catch a glimpse of whatever got him. I spoken with the game Warden about this but there's nothing they will do without absolute proof it's a panther. I explained I have grandkids who play outside & this is a great concern. We shall see how it all unfolds. If you can help my cashapp is $MrsTiffy77 & if you can't financially help prayers are always appreciated as well. TIA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221017-123522~2.png
    Screenshot_20221017-123522~2.png
    540.4 KB · Views: 45
P.S. as of right now everything has been taken care of via a credit card. This wasn't something I was expecting to happen. But if this isn't allowed or noone can help (which I can completely understand) I am still getting him fixed as much as possible.

How much did it cost?
As of right now they've had us put $350 down. He just had surgery this morning to close 1 if the wounds. They'll probably be keeping him til Thursday or Friday & h may require another surgery. The rip in his stomach is the worse but he has gashes & abrasions all over his head & right side. I couldn't bare to take any pix when we found him. I was freaking out too bad BUT I will get progress pix when I go see him 2moro.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
As of right now they've had us put $350 down. He just had surgery this morning to close 1 if the wounds. They'll probably be keeping him til Thursday or Friday & h may require another surgery. The rip in his stomach is the worse but he has gashes & abrasions all over his head & right side. I couldn't bare to take any pix when we found him. I was freaking out too bad BUT I will get progress pix when I go see him 2moro.
Keep us updated. I’m sure we can help you.

One good thing, you can see how happy he still is.

Where do you live? I’ve never seen a panther.

Thats an older pic of him. Like I said I havent had the heart to take a pic since Saturday. Honestly when we 1st took him to the vet I didn't have a lot of hope for him , I don't think the vet did either. He made it thru the surgery today so that gives us all hope now. We live right on the Alabama/Florida state line. This time of year is common for larger predators to be in our area; panthers, bobcats, brown bear, etc. BUT up until now they've never really given us cause for concern. We did lose a dog to coyote attack so that was the only animal I related to being a problem. I believe with all my soul that God gives us pets to help us learn hard life lessons. We live in the country so I always had my dogs to protect against humans that could possibly be up to no good but never thought bout wild animals really.
Keep us updated. I’m sure we can help you.

One good thing, you can see how happy he still is.

Where do you live? I’ve never seen a pant

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
Thats an older pic of him. Like I said I havent had the heart to take a pic since Saturday. Honestly when we 1st took him to the vet I didn't have a lot of hope for him , I don't think the vet did either. He made it thru the surgery today so that gives us all hope now. We live right on the Alabama/Florida state line. This time of year is common for larger predators to be in our area; panthers, bobcats, brown bear, etc. BUT up until now they've never really given us cause for concern. We did lose a dog to coyote attack so that was the only animal I related to being a problem. I believe with all my soul that God gives us pets to help us learn hard life lessons. We live in the country so I always had my dogs to protect against humans that could possibly be up to no good but never thought bout wild animals really.
I’m truly sorry. I lost my dog years ago. He was hit by a car. So, I understand how terrible the feeling is. Thanks for letting us know. I highly suggest making a gofundme where we can all pitch in to help and/or share the situation with others.

I’m truly sorry. I lost my dog years ago. He was hit by a car. So, I understand how terrible the feeling is. Thanks for letting us know. I highly suggest making a gofundme where we can all pitch in to help and/or share the situation with others.
Idk how all that works. The only other time I was put in this postition was when my pup got bit by a snake. That cost me $400 so I had to ask for help then. I didn't have this credit card at that time & I did that on Facebook but it took 4wks to get the money from the donation. That is why I went the cashapp route this time. I will look into k onto the GoFundMe thing & see what it's all about. I appreciate the advice. This embarrasses me so bad! I absolutely despise asking for money. Makes me feel like such a loser.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
Idk how all that works. The only other time I was put in this postition was when my pup got bit by a snake. That cost me $400 so I had to ask for help then. I didn't have this credit card at that time & I did that on Facebook but it took 4wks to get the money from the donation. That is why I went the cashapp route this time. I will look into k onto the GoFundMe thing & see what it's all about. I appreciate the advice. This embarrasses me so bad! I absolutely despise asking for money. Makes me feel like such a loser.
Do you accept PayPal? I have some money in my account that I normally would give to @TFSF but @Croot_Overlord won’t let me

Got Zeppie home & buried! As we were digging the hole we noticed buzzards circling near the area we found Zeppelin. Found this guy. It's hard to believe that a bobcat messed my dog up so bad. Zep weighed around 80lbs & this cat prob weighed about 40lbs. The biggest bobcat I've ever seen but still unbelievable that he did that much damage to Zep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221018-101512~2.png
    Screenshot_20221018-101512~2.png
    483.3 KB · Views: 34

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Got Zeppie home & buried! As we were digging the hole we noticed buzzards circling near the area we found Zeppelin. Found this guy. It's hard to believe that a bobcat messed my dog up so bad. Zep weighed around 80lbs & this cat prob weighed about 40lbs. The biggest bobcat I've ever seen but still unbelievable that he did that much damage to Zep.
It's in the lightning fast paws with razor, and I mean razor, sharp claws. That bitch bobcat would make mincemeat out of Freddy Kruger!

How did the cat die??? Looks like it tore your dog apart and then had a heart attack, maybe?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
How did the cat die??? Looks like it tore your dog apart and then had a heart attack, maybe?
Broken neck maybe? Our dog has killed fox, possum, squirrel, deer, snakes of all kinds etc (no bobcat though).He usually just breaks their neck, I assume, because most of what he brings back does not have blood or scratch marks etc.

I suppose it could be heart attack from fear also, but broken neck seems more likely.

Top Bottom