Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dodgers owner Frank MCcourt taking on facebook and social media with $100mm investment

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
"Project Liberty would use blockchain to construct a new internet infrastructure called the Decentralized Social Networking Protocol. With cryptocurrencies, block chain stores information about the tokens in everyone’s digital wallets; the DSNP would do the same for social connections"

Basically you would own all of your own social media and companies would compete to get you to use their platform to display your content. Creative solution, would love to see it work.

@Croot_Overlord might be of interest to you

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
To some degree I get it, but this is a big turn off "publicly accessible database of people’s social connections"

Interesting point, i wonder if it is contructed like it implies or if there is a different explanation.

Publicly accessible is not bad, social networks are by definition publicly accessible. The difference is that curretnly once you put your pictures on facebook, facebook owns them (is this correct?). They keep and store your data.

What Mccourt is proposing is that you own all your data and can easily move it from facebook, to myspace, tweeter, linkedin etc. In return those companies would have to offer you services and compete to get you to host your social media file there. It really removes a lot of power from the tech oligarchs and its a very creative solution imo.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Interesting point, i wonder if it is contructed like it implies or if there is a different explanation.

Publicly accessible is not bad, social networks are by definition publicly accessible. The difference is that curretnly once you put your pictures on facebook, facebook owns them (is this correct?). They keep and store your data.

What Mccourt is proposing is that you own all your data and can easily move it from facebook, to myspace, tweeter, linkedin etc. In return those companies would have to offer you services and compete to get you to host your social media file there. It really removes a lot of power from the tech oligarchs and its a very creative solution imo.
What we need is a forum that ethically handles people information and content without having all the information forever stored in a blockchain.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
What we need is a forum that ethically handles people information and content without having all the information forever stored in a blockchain.
Or, just give the people control over their own content?

For example, this site. Once you post something on it, the Free Speech Forum controls the content. What if you change your mind and want something removed?

What if you controlled your own content? You allow FSF to use your content. If you dont like it here you can take all of your content and go somewhere else.

I like owning the data myself as opposed to relying on someone else to be ethical.

America 1st

Founder
Or, just give the people control over their own content?

For example, this site. Once you post something on it, the Free Speech Forum controls the content. What if you change your mind and want something removed?

What if you controlled your own content? You allow FSF to use your content. If you dont like it here you can take all of your content and go somewhere else.

I like owning the data myself as opposed to relying on someone else to be ethical.
The only way people are going to control and own all their own data is to manufacture the data front to back completely on their own.

If they use other people's infrastructure or transfer that data on the internet in any way they're sharing that data whether they "own" it or not.

Good thoughts tho.

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
The only way people are going to control and own all their own data is to manufacture the data front to back completely on their own.

If they use other people's infrastructure or transfer that data on the internet in any way they're sharing that data whether they "own" it or not.

Good thoughts tho.

No, the blockchain will own the data. And you own the keys to your portion of the blockchain to unlock that data. Hence you own the data.

Just because you share something does not mean you relinquish ownership rights. Think of the music industry, you hear the music but the artist still owns the song. Same concept with your content. The block chain, and the protocol that MCcourt is suggesting, could be used to own and transfer your data freely without the need to "manufacture data front to back completely on their own."

So, lets get past our disagreement on whether that can happen or not. You are crypto skeptic and I understand that. But, lets just assume that it can be done. Would it be a good product, would people use it, and would it be able to release the hold the tech oligarchs have on the free flow of information?

America 1st

Founder
No, the blockchain will own the data. And you own the keys to your portion of the blockchain to unlock that data. Hence you own the data.

Just because you share something does not mean you relinquish ownership rights. Think of the music industry, you hear the music but the artist still owns the song. Same concept with your content. The block chain, and the protocol that MCcourt is suggesting, could be used to own and transfer your data freely without the need to "manufacture data front to back completely on their own."

So, lets get past our disagreement on whether that can happen or not. You are crypto skeptic and I understand that. But, lets just assume that it can be done. Would it be a good product, would people use it, and would it be able to release the hold the tech oligarchs have on the free flow of information?
I don't disagree that you might be able to get some ownership rights or that the notion is bad in any way but as you said in your first line the blockchain will "own" the data too because it's the medium of transfer.

My skepticism would be whether it actually creates any meaningful change in the way data is stored or transfered or if it's just putting lipstick on a pig. Tech oligarchs don't necessarily have a hold on the free flow of information IYAM. They simply have a hold on the products and data people most readily use because of infrastructure.

I'm sure people would use it but whether or not it would actually be any different, or if people would just be telling themselves that, would be the key on a deeper level IMO.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
"Project Liberty would use blockchain to construct a new internet infrastructure called the Decentralized Social Networking Protocol. With cryptocurrencies, block chain stores information about the tokens in everyone’s digital wallets; the DSNP would do the same for social connections"

Basically you would own all of your own social media and companies would compete to get you to use their platform to display your content. Creative solution, would love to see it work.

If remeber plst office own blackchain patent under BDD

englebartlau

Poster
I used to think TikTok was bad because it was all entertainment content. But it turns out that the videos you find on TikTok are selected based on your interests. For example, I watch many car videos, so 70% of the videos I watch on TikTok are related to the car world. I realized that TikTok is a very good platform for entrepreneurs. I work in a car service, and we make funny car service videos to get more customers. Initially, our videos didn't get many views, so we bought extra likes here https://famoid.com/buy-tiktok-likes/. Thanks to this, our videos are getting a lot of views now.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I used to think TikTok was bad because it was all entertainment content. But it turns out that the videos you find on TikTok are selected based on your interests. For example, I watch many car videos, so 70% of the videos I watch on TikTok are related to the car world. I realized that TikTok is a very good platform for entrepreneurs. I work in a car service, and we make funny car service videos to get more customers. Initially, our videos didn't get many views, so we bought extra likes here https://famoid.com/buy-tiktok-likes/. Thanks to this, our videos are getting a lot of views now.
But do the view turn into higher profits?

Please go buy a gallon of bleach and chug it

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

I don’t know how I missed commenting on this when it originally came through. I feel like I was aware of something like this, or maybe the idea was written in that blockchain revolution

We need something like this

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I don’t know how I missed commenting on this when it originally came through. I feel like I was aware of something like this, or maybe the idea was written in that blockchain revolution

We need something like this

Elon is going to turn twitter into X.com which is going to be based on the block chain. It may be based on dogecoin, or he may come up with his own currency.

But its long been theorized that a small fee for sending a message or email could reduce spam yugely. If you charged even a fraction of a penny per email sent, it would make most spam emails too expensive (as in not worth it) to send. Being that Elon hates the bots and his texts between him and his brother that came out in the lawsuit, i expect him to implement this feature.

It all makes too much sense. I feel strongly that blockchain will be a big part of the future but im just not sure what thats going to look like.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Elon is going to turn twitter into X.com which is going to be based on the block chain. It may be based on dogecoin, or he may come up with his own currency.

But its long been theorized that a small fee for sending a message or email could reduce spam yugely. If you charged even a fraction of a penny per email sent, it would make most spam emails too expensive (as in not worth it) to send. Being that Elon hates the bots and his texts between him and his brother that came out in the lawsuit, i expect him to implement this feature.

It all makes too much sense. I feel strongly that blockchain will be a big part of the future but im just not sure what thats going to look like.
I can’t wait for something like this to be rolled out. I really would like to be part in help building it

As things emerge we will definitely be early adopters and latch on all the TFSF stuff to that framework

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary

If/when it happens, a new, free platform, nearly identical, will emerge and libs will flock there, while real Patriots will then be the sole population of twitter lol

Rube Reaper

Elite
All I gathered from this thread is terrorists want to use blockchain to skirt the law and spread hate speech.

Shocking stuff 🙄

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
They are connected to this organization called unfinished which is a digital civil rights group. Lots of words about equity and diversity

Top Bottom