Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do your neighbors annoy, why, and how do you deal with them?

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
I'd say about 20% of my neighbors do, and 80% are pretty decent.

My wife and I bought our current house with the intention of putting in some sweat equity and moving within a few years, keeping it as an investment property, so this is an older neighborhood that is gentrifying.

My hates:
  • People who put their trash receptacle out Sunday at noon for a Monday morning pickup.
  • People who leave their trash receptacle out 24 hours past pickup.
  • People who have allowed trash to blow into their yard or portion of the street, get lodged, and never pick that shit up. Have some damn self respect.
I walk our dogs each morning and evening. I make it a habit to pick up 1 or 2 pieces of litter if I come across it. It makes a difference.

Last edited:

AmericanWhisky

Poster
Founder
People annoy me and my wife in general so we made it a point to buy a house with as much privacy as possible for living in Atlanta (sandy springs). We only have one neighbor within 100 yards. And she’s an older single cat lady so we never see her thankfully. Hate it for you OP bc I get it.

tsumatt06

Poster
We live in a Cul de Sac with 3 other houses. The houses on either side of us are retirees who are rarely around because they have homes elsewhere. The 3rd house is a younger couple like us and they grill & drink beer with us all the time. The mexican family with the house behind us has been over to eat and swim a few times as well. Guess we're lucky.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Neighborhood is full of old libs scared shitless of C19, so they haven't bothered us much. They walk around in the neighborhood wearing masks.

Thankfully, we sit on 2 acres with a natural boundary of trees to keep our privacy

yankmenoodle

Elite
We recently moved in a golf community, and the people are great. Our only thorn is the lady next door who will call the HOA if we don't pick sticks up in our yard. Our little yapping dog did try to bite her when she was rolling her garbage can in, so we're even. I haven't heard a thumping car come through yet.

MaizeBlaze

I’m just here so I won’t get fined.
Founder
We live in a Cul de Sac with 3 other houses. The houses on either side of us are retirees who are rarely around because they have homes elsewhere. The 3rd house is a younger couple like us and they grill & drink beer with us all the time. The mexican family with the house behind us has been over to eat and swim a few times as well. Guess we're lucky.
I’m not racist, I let Mexicans swim in my pool.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I'd say about 35% of my neighbors do, and 65% are pretty decent.

My wife and I bought our current house with the intention of putting in some sweat equity and moving within a few years, keeping it as an investment property, so this is an older neighborhood that is gentrifying.

My hates:
  • People who put their trash receptacle out Sunday at noon for a Monday morning pickup.
  • People who have allowed trash to blow into their yard or portion of the street, get lodged, and never pick that shit up. Have some damn self respect.
I walk our dogs each morning and evening. I make it a habit to pick up 1 or 2 pieces of litter if I come across it. It makes a difference.

You sound like a horrible neighbor

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
OP How the F does that bbother you. Trash Of course would but Putting out the garbage cans isnt any of your business. Or picking them up. live your miserable life by yourself. I love all my neighbors and they look at me as the lion. I run the culdesac. Son is bringing the Garbage can out when he gets home from school in hopes it bothers you

Last edited:

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
You sound like a horrible neighbor
Sneaky horrible.

You'd never know.

Best kept secret in the neighborhood.

One neighbor we back up to had a metal shed come loose from its foundation and blow into our back yard. I offered to get rid of it for her, as she doesn't use it. I dismantled it, hauled it to the scrap yard, and (here's the side of me that can commit societal atrocities) kept the $28 bucks.

As an aside, I started a home improvement war with 3 of the neighbors I adjacent, and 6 neighbors within 2 houses.

I'm winning. They aren't handy or particularly imaginative.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
OP How the F does that bbother you. Trash Of course would but Putting out the garbage cans isnt any of your business. Or picking them up. live your miserable life by yourself. I love all my neighbors and they look at me as the lion. I run the culdesac. Son is bringing the Garbage can out when he gets home from school in hopes you are effected
Did you not notice the No Retards sign hanging out front of this thread?

Please, with your self respect still intact, bow out gracefully.

24 hours is plenty of time to place your trash receptacle back in its spot...off of the road.

Zigjr

Poster
Founder
Better keep an eye on them though. Next thing you know they’ll be sneaking across the property line and taking siestas at your pool.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder

24 hours is plenty of time to place your trash receptacle back in its spot...off of the road.
You live in a shitty neighborhood. You neighbors dont like you and your wife is probably gross. Ill gladly leave, you miserable little feck

tsumatt06

Poster
Better keep an eye on them though. Next thing you know they’ll be sneaking across the property line and taking siestas at your pool.
Got Ringcams all around just for those festive little tricksters.

ETA: If they grab a lawnmower or weedeater and put in a little work, they're more than welcome to enjoy a dip.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Neighborhood is full of old libs scared shitless of C19, so they haven't bothered us much. They walk around in the neighborhood wearing masks.

Thankfully, we sit on 2 acres with a natural boundary of trees to keep our privacy

Oh the virtue signaling neighbors are the best.

I love that they believe in science, that water is wet, that no human is illegal, and such. And they let us ALL know that them by having a semi-permanent placard in their yard, like a Christmas decoration.

Classy folks with a lot going on.

Average1980

Poster
Founder
I'd say about 35% of my neighbors do, and 65% are pretty decent.

My hates:
Op, do live in my neighborhood in Brookhaven? I put my trash out early and take it in late just to piss off one guy that constantly complains. Who the fuck cares this much about trash cans out 1/2 day early or in 1/2 day late?

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

Move somewhere you can burn your trash.

Solves the trash and neighbor problem.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Op, do live in my neighborhood in Brookhaven? I put my trash out early and take it in late just to piss off one guy that constantly complains. Who the fuck cares this much about trash cans out 1/2 day early or in 1/2 day late?
Who the fuck doesn't care?

And what else don't they care about?

yankmenoodle

Elite
My wife gets her nails done in a Vietnamese owned shop. We wanted some trees cut down, and they wanted to bid on the job. She brought them through the house to the back yard. When they were leaving, she took them around the side of the house and out the gate. She told them she didn't want the neighbors to see a bunch of Mexicans leaving the house.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I’ve lived at my place for 8 years and haven’t ever said a word to any of my neighbors. Almost every house on my street has a Biden sign. I had a Trump flag.
Cleveland, Columbus, or Cinn?

poke2001

Poster
Founder
I like most of our neighbors. We get together for drinks quite regularly. We have some annoying ones in the neighborhood, the ones reminding people to turn outside lights off to conserve energy during the cold snap a couple weeks back. Fuck that.

Peach-head

Poster
The closet neighbors I have a Mennonites and they’re awesome. They have their beliefs and uphold them, simultaneously they don’t gaf what anyone else does. Randomly show up with baked goods from scratch and pickled stuff.

I also couldn’t care less what other people do and bought property with acreage so I don’t have to deal with people anyways. It seriously boggles me why people that are so easily annoyed with other people buy houses in subdivision right next to them while paying someone to tell them what they can and can’t do on their own property.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
The closet neighbors I have a Mennonites and they’re awesome. They have their beliefs and uphold them, simultaneously they don’t gaf what anyone else does. Randomly show up with baked goods from scratch and pickled stuff.

I also couldn’t care less what other people do and bought property with acreage so I don’t have to deal with people anyways. It seriously boggles me why people that are so easily annoyed with other people buy houses in subdivision right next to them while paying someone to tell them what they can and can’t do on their own property.

I'd surround myself with Mennonites if they were around here.

Likely our next house will be on an acreage, small or large. (Alternative is one more 3-4 year stint in a fixer-upper investment property to-be, then on to the acreage).

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Corner lot. Neighbor to my north is average. No animosity, but just ok. Neighbor to my east just moved in - young couple with two small kids (3 & 5). First week in, they posted on the neighborhood board to ask about political signs. I had a Trump flag and two yard signs, plus a MAKE MICHIGAN OPEN AGAIN sign. Next day there was every conceivable democrat candidate sign and a BLM black fist all on the side yard next to my house. Game on. Neighbor on the south side corner is another Biden/HRC lib. Husband is average, but I just do not recognize their existence. Another family two houses down (family heads out to karate dojo every Saturday - hence his nickname is Kung Fu Ron) sucks also. He came over on a summer Saturday evening when the wife and I were having cocktails and a fire pit by the pool. The speaker was a bit loud, but it was 9:30 on a Saturday night. He was bitching about the noise - told him to call the cops or go home. He went home. Do not interact. I am a very social guy, but my neighbors suck.

Three years when the boy graduates from MSU - I am out of here.

spf84

Poster
Corner lot. Neighbor to my north is average. No animosity, but just ok. Neighbor to my east just moved in - young couple with two small kids (3 & 5). First week in, they posted on the neighborhood board to ask about political signs. I had a Trump flag and two yard signs, plus a MAKE MICHIGAN OPEN AGAIN sign. Next day there was every conceivable democrat candidate sign and a BLM black fist all on the side yard next to my house. Game on. Neighbor on the south side corner is another Biden/HRC lib. Husband is average, but I just do not recognize their existence. Another family two houses down (family heads out to karate dojo every Saturday - hence his nickname is Kung Fu Ron) sucks also. He came over on a summer Saturday evening when the wife and I were having cocktails and a fire pit by the pool. The speaker was a bit loud, but it was 9:30 on a Saturday night. He was bitching about the noise - told him to call the cops or go home. He went home. Do not interact. I am a very social guy, but my neighbors suck.

You should take a shit on their porch.

AC2020

Elite
Founder
None of my neighbors like me.

I don't do much upkeep on my house because I have important things to do ... like watch TV.

I also allow my dogs to shit on my neighbors lawns.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder

What's the gameplan with the young folks to the east?

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
What's the gameplan with the young folks to the east?
Excellent question. I think I will start asking policy questions this summer when I float in the pool and their kids are standing on my fence line wishing they could swim. Plenty of yard signs for the GOP Governor candidate and 2022 house/senate reps. Lots of Kid Rock and God Bless America on the block rocker this summer 🇺🇲

Top Bottom