Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you know what you are talking about?

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
People that still don’t get that and throw buzzwords all over their presentations to sound “in the know” make me sick.

Obviously there are always topics where you’re not gonna be able to dumb it down, but you should at least be able to make the attempt and explain whatever it is to a novice in the industry at least if not a complete layman

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
People that still don’t get that and throw buzzwords all over their presentations to sound “in the know” make me sick.

Obviously there are always topics where you’re not gonna be able to dumb it down, but you should at least be able to make the attempt and explain whatever it is to a novice in the industry at least if not a complete layman
Yeah, I work in IT and it is so easy to talk over someone's head. I see people do it all the time and I want to throat punch them when they do.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Yeah, I work in IT and it is so easy to talk over someone's head. I see people do it all the time and I want to throat punch them when they do.
Same here. Our company is so huge though that we’ve lost real accountability toward the customer and now our buzzword nonsense philosophy has infected its way toward the marketing and it’s a joke now. I have to rewrite all of the messaging every single time we go to actually speak with a customer

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

A Pet peeve of mine is those you know aren’t very intelligent intentionally talking over other’s heads by using big words because they’re insecure little bitches and it makes them feel good. You know, the guy who always thinks he’s the smartest person the room. Yeah that guy, hate that guy.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
A Pet peeve of mine is those you know aren’t very intelligent intentionally talking over other’s heads by using big words because they’re insecure little bitches and it makes them feel good. You know, the guy who always thinks he’s the smartest person the room. Yeah that guy, hate that guy.
You see a lot of that in the tech field, usually the guys that got beat up in high school and are really just an insecure bitch that likes to make himself feel superior.

I did not get into the tech field till my late 20's I started in construction so it is easier for me to talk lamen with clients to explain shit in a way they will understand. Not the little dorks that spent their entire high school career locked in their room beating off to Victoria secrets magazines

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
You see a lot of that in the tech field, usually the guys that got beat up in high school and are really just an insecure bitch that likes to make himself feel superior.

I did not get into the tech field till my late 20's I started in construction so it is easier for me to talk lamen with clients to explain shit in a way they will understand. Not the little dorks that spent their entire high school career locked in their room beating off to Victoria secrets magazines
This is a lot of it. Their ability to understand that complex stuff is their sole source of pride so explaining things to you clearly somehow diminishes their own ego.

Have seen time after time engineers like that get asked a question and answer it completely incorrectly because they aren’t even listening to what they are being asked.

Communication Skills > Knowledge

SCTetz

Poster
I do it on purpose depending on the audience I’m talking to. When I’m teaching I dumb it down. When I’m getting asked stupid questions from people who think they are smart I go full tech. When writing after action reports I go full tech because I want the audience reading it to ask their subject matter experts thus creating dialogue.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder

You’re the one that hopped in this thread to cry about it

The sad part is tons of people were actually trying to be nice in that thread and explain things to you in a non patronizing way but you got combative and argumentative at every turn anyway.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
This is a lot of it. Their ability to understand that complex stuff is their sole source of pride so explaining things to you clearly somehow diminishes their own ego.

Have seen time after time engineers like that get asked a question and answer it completely incorrectly because they aren’t even listening to what they are being asked.

Communication Skills > Knowledge
The most successful people i know are really good at both of these. Some are good at one or the other, but those who can master both usually rise to the top.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
The most successful people i know are really good at both of these. Some are good at one or the other, but those who can master both usually rise to the top.
It’s a rare mind that can do that. Engineering students that get MBA’s or are entrepreneurial in their own right will take over the world.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
You’re the one that hopped in this thread to cry about it

The sad part is tons of people were actually trying to be nice in that thread and explain things to you in a non patronizing way but you got combative and argumentative at every turn anyway.
I wasn't crying about anything.

I was simply pointing out that the thread was a great example of one person being able to explain things in laymen's terms while others try to hide behind technical jargon because they don't have sound points or understanding.

The sad part is I was just being nice and explaining to people some obvious flaws on the issue but some folks got patronizing and combative at every turn anyway.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I do it on purpose depending on the audience I’m talking to. When I’m teaching I dumb it down. When I’m getting asked stupid questions from people who think they are smart I go full tech. When writing after action reports I go full tech because I want the audience reading it to ask their subject matter experts thus creating dialogue.
Do you have an example of this? I’m obsessed with stories about those types of people getting owned

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I wasn't crying about anything.

I was simply pointing out that the thread was a great example of one person being able to explain things in laymen's terms while others try to hide behind technical jargon because they don't have a point.

The sad part is I was just being nice and explaining to people some obvious flaws on the issue but some folks got patronizing and combative at every turn anyway.
I’m not debating this with you anymore. No matter what I type you’ll just ignore the body of the post again like a retard and just restate one of your three already disproved arguments about the topic or you’ll just deny reality all together and act like we were just sending you analytics white papers with no adjoining arguments

People comfortable with their ignorance are so predictable and boring to talk to

“whoa namecalling I must be on to something! Just owned you lol!!”

Carlscat

Elite
Founder
I used to work beside a portfolio manager that would throw around bullshit, non-necessary words that might as well be in Japanese like: “sharpe ratio” and “standard deviation“ and “active share” and “beta” and “sortino ratio.” 🙄

I’m over here trying to tell him that if it’s not crypto or Bitcoin, then he can shut the fuck up with his show off words that supposedly speak to risk and volatility measures... #tothemoon

Last edited:

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Damn OP..... I never expected you to be mocking senile old people with dementia. To me making an old crazy person try to make sense out of this is akin to making Helen Keller sit in a corner all day and read the brail on a golf ball.

OP is still the man......but even the man will be a crazy old fucker one day!! 🤣

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I’m not debating this with you anymore. No matter what I type you’ll just ignore the body of the post again like a retard and just restate one of your three already disproved arguments about the topic or you’ll just deny reality all together and act like we were just sending you analytics white papers with no adjoining arguments

People comfortable with their ignorance are so predictable and boring to talk to

“whoa namecalling I must be on to something! Just owned you lol!!”

SCTetz

Poster
Do you have an example of this? I’m obsessed with stories about those types of people getting owned
Usually someone who has been in the military for less than 6 months but is now an officer tries to come up with stupid ideas based on their experiences that I can usually decimate because they didn’t come ask the subject matter expert. Depending on what it is I either politely pull them aside or blast them in front of the group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom