Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do Catholics actually follow the Pope,

Spc311

Poster
Nope on the pope. JP2 seemed pretty rad, then they elected the bad guy from Star Wars and now some guy who doesn't know if he's coming or going. Anyone who buys that the guy is infallible cause he sits on some chair is someone you should try and sell a bridge to.

The truth is, it's all the same under the Christian umbrella, if you take it allegorically.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I liked him when he first took the spot but he turned out to be way to lib for my taste. I did see him one time outside the colosseum during stations of the cross on Good Friday.

spf84

Poster
I’m loosely affiliated with the catholic religion. I don’t even know who the pope is.

Nas

Poster
No. I'm Catholic and have a hard time following the Pope. I have a hard time following a lot of the things the Church does. I'm like 85% in, but some issues I give a hard no to.

Maybe that is like most people that practice, dont know.

Obviously the handling of the pedophilia issues that have been going on for years is a huge problem.
I don't believe in turning the other cheek.
I dont believe homosexuality is a choice.
The Pope is a grandstander and a publicity whore.
I don't think you need to attend mass to be a good Catholic. The more I think about it, it seems like show up to drop your check off to a tax free entity.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Even those that don’t agree with the Pope on things like selling out to China 🇨🇳, etc. are you still supporting him via tithes.
Doesn’t any money being tithed to the local Catholic Church gets filtered up to the Vatican like a pyramid scheme?

denn

Legendary
Founder
Pope John Paul the Second was the Pope of my youth and the last one I gave a shit about, He was like a rock star during my Catholic school
Same here, even though I didn’t go to catholic school, I do remember thinking very highly of JP2. Could that be just be young and naive or was he really a great pope? Sure appeared to be miles better that the current pope.

yankmenoodle

Elite
Thank you for the responses. I don't know many Catholics, but the ones I know are very serious about confession and special events like Ash Wednesday and such.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I didn’t vote for him. And I’m a minority in this Protestant heathen land, My lords and ladies governing me and my clan are heretics in the first place. If I lived in a country following the true lord, then yes I’d be more displeased. However, that isn’t the case with these sinners.

Top Bottom