Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DeSantis Opinion

BigBucnNole

Elite
In the wake of a combination of Trump losing and covid, DeSantis has gone fully into striking out at the media. Two things are going on, one is probably him actually pissed and annoyed with coverage. The second is he recognizes a hostile relationship with the media guarantees air time and potentially the presidency.

To state the obvious, the media loved Trump in 2016 because he’s incredibly entertaining and such a huge departure from dry politicians. Then they “hated” him because of the number of eyes they drew by bitching and moaning about him. They drew the right because we could get outraged and flustered, and they drew the left because the left could cheer it. Trump is out, their ratings drop. The planned pivot is to domestic terrorism, where they try to go back to the model seen with the war on terror from the early ‘00’s to 2015.

First off, that business model is boring and dated. Domestic terrorism is also sort of unclear as to what it exactly is. The market has also changed where there once was faith to an extent in the government and more so in major media outlets, so people were willing to listen and potentially trust media productions. Domestic terrorism fear is a huge turnoff for huge swathes of the tv watching demographic, they are quite literally insulting their audience/ consumers to their face hence the ratings collapse. And who or what is a domestic terrorist? Most right wingers and left wingers have family and friends on opposite sides, you can only demonize groups for so long when we are all interconnected and acting in some cases, daily with people. I might say all libs are fags, but my brother is a lib and while he could be gay, he’s more likely heavily misguided and can be changed. I think that partly fuels the “racial divide” because you get slightly more of a sterile “us vs them.”

Either way, all that being said is DeSantis could be the solution. Media needs a Trump. He recognizes this better than anyone in the country not named Trump. And it’s doubly effective because the media knows they are starving for something like him, an when DeSantis gives even a slightly hostility towards them, it’s magnified that much more to make him either the god send on one side of the ledger, or satan on the other. Both of those reactions pump ratings. And the democrats are playing into it as well. They have two choices, let DeSantis win Florida, an important swing state in 2024, and ignore him after. Or fight 2022 gubernatorial election, to protect the 2024 election, guarantee him press and create a boogie man to keep their own fragile party together, and then all but guarantee him the whitehouse in 2024 and potentially 2028. Florida’s first openly gay governor Charlie Christ already is asking the DOJ to investigate vaccine distribution, lolz. They will guarantee him the White House because the underlying classism created leading into 2016 elections is going to have fuck all done about it with Biden in office. And most likely the gap will be worse post covid.

The last piece is going to be Trump. Guy will control the Republican Party. Could have even more influence being out of the White House and controlling enough followers that will either vote for Trump or not at all. This is the demo that DeSantis is ultimately going after. Depending on his relationship with Trump, and how badly Trump wants to run in 2024, Trump I think dictates DeSantis’ future. I don’t know what is going to happen, but I have to think if DeSantis track leads to a major victory in 2022 gubernatorial election, look for him to run in 2024. Otherwise, if it’s a razor thing win, look for Trump to run in 2024.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
People are moving to FL in droves because he kept the state open. High School Athletes from closed states are moving to the SE/FL to have an opportunity to play and get scholarship looks.

Plus he has a smoking hot wife!!!

Attachments

• 90.jpeg
    90.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 15

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
In the wake of a combination of Trump losing and covid, DeSantis has gone fully into striking out at the media. Two things are going on, one is probably him actually pissed and annoyed with coverage. The second is he recognizes a hostile relationship with the media guarantees air time and potentially the presidency.

To state the obvious, the media loved Trump in 2016 because he’s incredibly entertaining and such a huge departure from dry politicians. Then they “hated” him because of the number of eyes they drew by bitching and moaning about him. They drew the right because we could get outraged and flustered, and they drew the left because the left could cheer it. Trump is out, their ratings drop. The planned pivot is to domestic terrorism, where they try to go back to the model seen with the war on terror from the early ‘00’s to 2015.

First off, that business model is boring and dated. Domestic terrorism is also sort of unclear as to what it exactly is. The market has also changed where there once was faith to an extent in the government and more so in major media outlets, so people were willing to listen and potentially trust media productions. Domestic terrorism fear is a huge turnoff for huge swathes of the tv watching demographic, they are quite literally insulting their audience/ consumers to their face hence the ratings collapse. And who or what is a domestic terrorist? Most right wingers and left wingers have family and friends on opposite sides, you can only demonize groups for so long when we are all interconnected and acting in some cases, daily with people. I might say all libs are fags, but my brother is a lib and while he could be gay, he’s more likely heavily misguided and can be changed. I think that partly fuels the “racial divide” because you get slightly more of a sterile “us vs them.”

Either way, all that being said is DeSantis could be the solution. Media needs a Trump. He recognizes this better than anyone in the country not named Trump. And it’s doubly effective because the media knows they are starving for something like him, an when DeSantis gives even a slightly hostility towards them, it’s magnified that much more to make him either the god send on one side of the ledger, or satan on the other. Both of those reactions pump ratings. And the democrats are playing into it as well. They have two choices, let DeSantis win Florida, an important swing state in 2024, and ignore him after. Or fight 2022 gubernatorial election, to protect the 2024 election, guarantee him press and create a boogie man to keep their own fragile party together, and then all but guarantee him the whitehouse in 2024 and potentially 2028. Florida’s first openly gay governor Charlie Christ already is asking the DOJ to investigate vaccine distribution, lolz. They will guarantee him the White House because the underlying classism created leading into 2016 elections is going to have fuck all done about it with Biden in office. And most likely the gap will be worse post covid.

The last piece is going to be Trump. Guy will control the Republican Party. Could have even more influence being out of the White House and controlling enough followers that will either vote for Trump or not at all. This is the demo that DeSantis is ultimately going after. Depending on his relationship with Trump, and how badly Trump wants to run in 2024, Trump I think dictates DeSantis’ future. I don’t know what is going to happen, but I have to think if DeSantis track leads to a major victory in 2022 gubernatorial election, look for him to run in 2024. Otherwise, if it’s a razor thing win, look for Trump to run in 2024.
Fuck OP I've enjoyed reading your posts on here, but you gotta break this down into more digestible chunks for us that have no attention spans.

I'll do my best to get through it though

4n6tox

Poster
meh, Trump served his purpose and I hope he doesn't run again in 2024. As far as Desantis goes I'd like to see two things...

1.) Let's get rid of those ill fitting suits
2.) Dial back the antagonism with the media. It's fine to call them out and the support likes to see it, but fine line there. If those fuckers decide you are done, you are done and poking them in chest for 2 years isn't going to be a winning strategy. Be principled and strong but not a raging asshole to the point of ineffective communication (see Trump).

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder

The most interesting thing in all this to me is your perspective into what drives ratings. It brings to light the realization that the corporate media could give a shit less who suffers as long as they keep the public's attention (for money and influence). Sickening

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Desantis isn't running in 2024 unless Trump isn't (not happening).

Desantis still takes his marching orders from the Don. Desantis knows where he butters his bread.

Last edited:

byrons

Poster
I think a brutal kick to the media's nuts is warranted and acceptable at least every two weeks. That time span should allow their privates to heal and absorb another attack;)

skramer100

Elite
Founder
DeSantis is awful, we don't want him as president.

Until he finishes his second term down here. Guy is legit the GOAT. He brought Brady to Florida.

Coloradodawg6

Poster
Founder
I want to move to FL because of DeSantis. I love my home state of Ga but they’ve let me down big time thanks to all the assholes in Atl. When I leave Colorado it’ll definitely be to Fl or Tx.

Top Bottom