Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crootn.com FSF Book Suggestion thread

CurtOFD78

Elite
I guess I'm turning into an old man, but I have in the past year really started liking reading in my free time. Since we have a lot of like minded people here on this forum, perhaps a book suggestion thread could help some of us pass our time. I have a few suggestions from books I've read in the past year.

Jack Carr's Terminal List, True Believer, Savage Son and The Devil's Hand - a fiction series based on the exploits of former Navy SEAL James Reece. Excellent reading and all 4 are page turners.

Dark Alliance by Gary Webb- Book that the movie Kill the Messenger is based on. Long, lots of moving parts, but uncovers ALOT of very dark recent US history. Webb died of "suicide" years later from 2 gunshots to the head. Hmmmmmm...

What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro- Former FBI interrogator discusses body language. Very easy to apply to your daily interactions with people.

Verbal Judo by George Thompson- A guide to turning a difficult conversation or interaction into a calm one.

Hate Inc., Why Today's Media Makes Us Despise One Another by Matt Taibbi. A book that is extremely applicable to today's world.

Just bought George Orwell's 1984 but have not started it yet.

Suggestions of good books would be appreciated.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
1984 is freaky how realistic it is. Re-read it last summer for first time in years, just crazy.

Love Shogun. Great book and difficult read but unreal story.

If you like the Navy Seal stuff, read the Doc Ford novels by Randy Wayne White. Great stories. Ties into a lot of South Florida which keeps me interested since I live here.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
One of the BEST books I have ever read is "Washington". Totally composed with letters, official documents and deep dive research by the master biographer Ron Chernow. Washington really was THE FATHER OF OUR COUNTRY.

Last edited:
Top Bottom