Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Commodity prices over the last year:

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
What does it mean for the ‘conomy bros?

DRAM has doubled in the last 3 months. Semiconductors industry is a hot mess of shortages galore right now affecting everything from computers to the auto industry. The world economy is a shit show.

it’s going to hard for companies to make their quarterly numbers when they’re facing increased prices and can’t get enough material to fill orders. + the increased prices will put a chill on demand. Now is not the time to be buying a new car if you want a fair price.

Jtrain80

Legendary
What does it mean for the ‘conomy bros?

Last year we were at big time lows from from Corona. WTI had been a negative number a few weeks prior.

Lumber? I have heard it is an issue of getting workers in the mill due to Wuflu. Makes sense being on the Pacific NW.

Nape

Elite
Founder
DRAM has doubled in the last 3 months. Semiconductors industry is a hot mess of shortages galore right now affecting everything from computers to the auto industry. The world economy is a shit show.

it’s going to hard for companies to make their quarterly numbers when they’re facing increased prices and can’t get enough material to fill orders. + the increased prices will put a chill on demand. Now is not the time to be buying a new car if you want a fair price.
A neighbor and great friend was with Altera and now Intel after they bought Altera. He said he’s never seen anything like it. They cannot get their chips and it’s killing them. That’s why Intel announced recently that they are building their own production facility in AZ.

But, according to the Fed.....there is no inflation. They are just as complicit as any.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Considering gold hasn’t moved much at all, I’d say it’s just a supply and demand problem with all of the others.
I notice metals numbers and have thought the same thing. I hate that OBiden accounting will falsify inflation numbers when we all see it w gas and other daily goods. I know what use to be next day trucks of steel from the mill can take 4-5 days bc there are no trucks to haul too.

BigBucnNole

Elite
A neighbor and great friend was with Altera and now Intel after they bought Altera. He said he’s never seen anything like it. They cannot get their chips and it’s killing them. That’s why Intel announced recently that they are building their own production facility in AZ.

But, according to the Fed.....there is no inflation. They are just as complicit as any.

Glad these businesses are learning the hard way how logistics from a third world country work.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder

Played golf with a buddy who owns a dozen car dealerships. Shortage of chips is why they can't get new cars.

Top Bottom