Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Collin Powell dead at 84

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Just read this. Damn, didn't know that he was 84 years old. He appeared to be in good shape. RIP

He wasn't a Trump fan, but I do think history will view him kindly.

mrt

Elite
Just read this. Damn, didn't know that he was 84 years old. He appeared to be in good shape. RIP

He wasn't a Trump fan, but I do think history will view him kindly.
He was a pretty straight shooter. Very professional in everything he was charged with doing.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Not a fan:

AP_03020507655-1.jpg

mrt

Elite
He died from pneumonia, pretty common for us older guys but surely it was brought on due to covid then just progressed severely. My T-Bird 6 from 1968 died 4 years ago same thing, kinda unexpected not covid of course just complications from fluid in the lungs, I don't know if he was still smoking or not but that is the most common late in life gotcha. For now I am doing pretty good, I don't cough or catch colds or the flu but I still have issues with shortness of breath if I use my upper body to do anything. Last tire I changed on my old 3/4 ton truck took me 3 hours. I had to come in every 15 minutes and lay down in front of the air conditioner and wait until my lungs refilled. No body has been able to give me a good diagnosis or reason for the loss of breath. It isn't my heart so I think it is my DDD in my neck, so severe it is short circuiting the lungs. The neck vertebra collapse and shove up against your nerve sack that runs down your spine from the brain. I had my left arm going numb and my hand was beginning to do the same, so steroid injections cured that for now but it seems to be coming back but no where near as bad. I had my heart checked 3 times and nothing has shown up other than saying heart failure, no blockages etc, they have to write something down to get insurance to pay for it. Anyone human over 50 years of age has heart failure, everything has a warranty expiration. I often wondered about those old geezers that were 100 or 90 and wanted to run the f cking Boston Marathon, they should be observed for senility because I cannot see it being healthy for someone a century old to be running himself to death, unless it was Forest Gump.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
He died from pneumonia, pretty common for us older guys but surely it was brought on due to covid then just progressed severely. My T-Bird 6 from 1968 died 4 years ago same thing, kinda unexpected not covid of course just complications from fluid in the lungs, I don't know if he was still smoking or not but that is the most common late in life gotcha. For now I am doing pretty good, I don't cough or catch colds or the flu but I still have issues with shortness of breath if I use my upper body to do anything. Last tire I changed on my old 3/4 ton truck took me 3 hours. I had to come in every 15 minutes and lay down in front of the air conditioner and wait until my lungs refilled. No body has been able to give me a good diagnosis or reason for the loss of breath. It isn't my heart so I think it is my DDD in my neck, so severe it is short circuiting the lungs. The neck vertebra collapse and shove up against your nerve sack that runs down your spine from the brain. I had my left arm going numb and my hand was beginning to do the same, so steroid injections cured that for now but it seems to be coming back but no where near as bad. I had my heart checked 3 times and nothing has shown up other than saying heart failure, no blockages etc, they have to write something down to get insurance to pay for it. Anyone human over 50 years of age has heart failure, everything has a warranty expiration. I often wondered about those old geezers that were 100 or 90 and wanted to run the f cking Boston Marathon, they should be observed for senility because I cannot see it being healthy for someone a century old to be running himself to death, unless it was Forest Gump.
I'm a good bit younger and had to get surgery on my neck for same thing. Losing feeling in hands. They wanted to do injections. I told them no just cut me up and fix the problem.
Jim Morrison told us correctly....no one here gets out alive

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I don't care what anyone else says....

Rest in Peace Soldier and thank you for your service.
I hate his politics, and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t good person, but I won’t shit on a dead man.

He is our brother in Christ and I hope he has found eternal peace with our Lord and Savior.

mrt

Elite
3 years ago
I'm a good bit younger and had to get surgery on my neck for same thing. Losing feeling in hands. They wanted to do injections. I told them no just cut me up and fix the problem.
Jim Morrison told us correctly....no one here gets out ali

Jim Morrison told us correctly....no one here gets out alive
3 years ago it was already 3 in my neck that had collapsed, they offered to do surgery but guaranteed nothing. I feel pretty sure all of my neck is now bad, sometimes when I turn my head it sounds like my spine just broke. On a good note related to the pain it is a fluid situation and can change for the better or worse and for a time I was better but it has returned now. I have a burning sensation in my neck and upper body or shoulders. Several years ago the VA gave me some muscle relaxers for the neck without any diagnosis and it damned near killed me. I was on fire because the med concentrated on the area that was already hurting severely making it four or five times worse. I tossed the whole bottle into the garbage after I stayed in bed until it stopped burning. The clinic or outpatient facility has no normal equipment to diagnose things that need cat scanning but only an older xRay setup. The doctors at the VA are very lazy and don't want to do anything but sit in front of their little computers and pass you off to someone else. I got better care in the service.

Top Bottom