Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CFB 2024 offseason thread

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@ttyh what is Texas gonna do with QB in this class now that it’s becoming clear that KJ Lacey is trash without Ryan Williams bailing him out constantly? I guess you can live off transfers these days, but you gotta think you still want an elite QB in your recruiting class

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@ttyh no troll, but I’m genuinely curious: what happened with Keelon Russell? How did UT not have him locked down with him being right down the road?

How did he end up committed to SMU? Was he just flying under the radar and then exploded on to the scene at the end of his junior year?

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
@ttyh what is Texas gonna do with QB in this class now that it’s becoming clear that KJ Lacey is trash without Ryan Williams bailing him out constantly? I guess you can live off transfers these days, but you gotta think you still want an elite QB in your recruiting class

Not sure. I don’t follow recruiting as much as I used to. We do have Arch through 2025 though, so there’s that.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
@ttyh no troll, but I’m genuinely curious: what happened with Keelon Russell? How did UT not have him locked down with him being right down the road?

How did he end up committed to SMU? Was he just flying under the radar and then exploded on to the scene at the end of his junior year?

Kevin Russell? The SMU qb? Not sure, but he is fun to watch. I watched a good chunk of that game yesterday and was impressed w SMU. I could see them in the playoffs.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I just looked up Keelon Russell and see he is the Duncanville kid. Maybe he wasn’t interested in Texas? Maybe he’s just not Texas good?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I just looked up Keelon Russell and see he is the Duncanville kid. Maybe he wasn’t interested in Texas? Maybe he’s just not Texas good?
Yeah that’s who I’m talking about. He was committed to SMU for a while and then flipped to Bama at the end of last year. No one was really excited about him, but then he won the elite 11 this past summer and has had a great start to his senior season

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
Zabian Brown shattered the dreams of Georgia so there’s that
I can assure you that Georgia's dreams are still intact. Playing their worst half of football in recent memory, then making a huge comeback, taking the lead, and finally losing a close game on the road is something they can live with. That's much more palatable to a team than beating Georgia, moving to #1 in the rankings, then losing to Vandy and dropping below Georgia in the rankings.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I can assure you that Georgia's dreams are still intact. Playing their worst half of football in recent memory, then making a huge comeback, taking the lead, and finally losing a close game on the road is something they can live with. That's much more palatable to a team than beating Georgia, moving to #1 in the rankings, then losing to Vandy and dropping below Georgia in the rankings.
1-6

Top Bottom