Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can someone explain why we need 40k troops in DC?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Do I think an armed group of US citizens stand a chance against a modern day US military? Lol no. The 2A has been neutered too much and the fed has grown too powerful. Do I believe that armed US citizens reserve the right to own and keep said arms in case a tyranical govt or agency wants to "fuck around and find out"? Absolutely.
Yeah I agree with the second point. However, I think that these ideas have been very much blurred

Ninefingers

Poster
Founder
To some degree I agree with you. While I see nothing wrong with owning guns, and encourage it to protect your home, thinking that guns are going to save you against a modern oppressive government is largely retarded

Psychology and technology are the tools of the modern era
Do I think an armed group of US citizens stand a chance against a modern day US military? Lol no. The 2A has been neutered too much and the fed has grown too powerful. Do I believe that armed US citizens reserve the right to own and keep said arms in case a tyranical govt or wants to "fuck around and find out"? Absolutely.
Yeah I agree with the second point. However, I think that these ideas have been very much blurred
Blurred in what way? If you're saying people thinking everytime they disagree with a politician or law they think they can cry for civil war and talk about it being protected by the 2A, I agree.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Do I think an armed group of US citizens stand a chance against a modern day US military? Lol no. The 2A has been neutered too much and the fed has grown too powerful. Do I believe that armed US citizens reserve the right to own and keep said arms in case a tyranical govt or wants to "fuck around and find out"? Absolutely.

Blurred in what way? If you're saying people thinking everytime they disagree with a politician or law they think they can cry for civil war and talk about it being protected by the 2A, I agree.
Mainly just in my head. Most of my posts are me talking to myself trying to make sense of reality right now

Ninefingers

Poster
Founder
Mainly just in my head. Most of my posts are me talking to myself trying to make sense of reality right now

storming the Capitol was a huge embarrassment and the authorities are looking to make a statement.

storming the Capitol was a huge embarrassment and the authorities are looking to make a statement.
Id say this is the most likely answer. And an overwhelming show of force in case people are thinking about doing it again.

preshlock

Poster
Id say this is the most likely answer. And an overwhelming show of force in case people are thinking about doing it again.

I read the timeline for 1/6/20 and the Head or Chief of the Capitol police had asked for the National Guard before and during the protest. His requests were denied during because the general said it would be something along the lines of bad "optics" to have the Guard confronting protesters in front of the Capitol. Before 1/6/20 the reason given, according to the former of Head/Chief of police, was the general didn't want the presence Guard to be viewed as a provocation or as an acknowledgment that the gov't expected the protests to turn violent.

Ninefingers

Poster
Founder
I read the timeline for 1/6/20 and the Head or Chief of the Capitol police had asked for the National Guard before and during the protest. His requests were denied during because the general said it would be something along the lines of bad "optics" to have the Guard confronting protesters in front of the Capitol. Before 1/6/20 the reason given, according to the former of Head/Chief of police, was the general didn't want the presence Guard to be viewed as a provocation or as an acknowledgment that the gov't expected the protests to turn violent.
Fuck optics. Do your job. He just didnt want to be responsible if/when one of the soldiers under his command had to pull a trigger.

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
My conspiracy theorist friends say it’s to hold off the mob when Trump arrests all the Dems and some Pubs for the attempted coup.

giphy_s.gif

Rusty Strings

Poster
The FBI offered assistance multiple times and was turned down by this same Chief. The stories don't add up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom